Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Checking Credit Scores  (Read 6626 times)

ToySoldier

• Lord Savage
    • View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:18:05 pm »

I miss getting my Free monthly FICO (FACO?) score via my WAMU card. My credit line is $3,500
What Is Woke? - by Critical Drinker w/ 648,000+ views - https://youtu.be/LhRC6PQbCDo?t=75

You buy Bitcoin when you realize you were wrong

I'm "Right-Wing"?!? Not quite...
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37842.msg809141#msg809141

As our resident Jim Cramer

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:20:44 am »

I miss getting my Free monthly FICO (FACO?) score via my WAMU card. My credit line is $3,500
I miss it also.

mhs505

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:53:05 pm »

You can get it from CreditKarma.com, which I believe Chris Larsen is affiliated with though, (if that matters to you.)   It doesn't matter to me, I use the service and I like it.

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 01:30:41 am »

You can get it from CreditKarma.com, which I believe Chris Larsen is affiliated with though, (if that matters to you.)   It doesn't matter to me, I use the service and I like it.
I use truecredit.com. It costs me 9.95 a month, and I get to see all 3 of my reports and all 3 FICO scores monthly.

big-al

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 04:32:39 am »

It's important to note that neither creditkarma.com nor truecredit.com provide FICO scores.  The former Providian/WaMu cards did.

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:55:44 am »

It's important to note that neither creditkarma.com nor truecredit.com provide FICO scores.  The former Providian/WaMu cards did.
You had me researching it. Here is an excerpt from some small print at Truecredit.

"TrueCredit is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score. The credit scores of TransUnion may not be identical in every respect to any consumer credit scores produced by any other company."

So how does one find out their FICO. It is curious to not that when I obtained credit approval for my mortgage loan, I received a letter telling me what my 3 FICO scores were. The scores in the letter averaged about 60 points each higher than the scores Truecredit was showing at the same time. Basically, it sounds like Truecredit is about 60 points lower than your true FICO.

edited for spelling...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:00:23 am by Loan_shark_74 »

mhs505

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 10:11:29 am »

It's important to note that neither creditkarma.com nor truecredit.com provide FICO scores.  The former Providian/WaMu cards did.
You had me researching it. Here is an excerpt from some small print at Truecredit.

"TrueCredit is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score. The credit scores of TransUnion may not be identical in every respect to any consumer credit scores produced by any other company."

So how does one find out their FICO. It is curious to not that when I obtained credit approval for my mortgage loan, I received a letter telling me what my 3 FICO scores were. The scores in the letter averaged about 60 points each higher than the scores Truecredit was showing at the same time. Basically, it sounds like Truecredit is about 60 points lower than your true FICO.

edited for spelling...

MYFico.com   But it will cost you about 39 bucks a shot for all three if you get a 10% discount coupon on the itnerenet

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 10:16:30 am »

MYFico.com   But it will cost you about 39 bucks a shot for all three if you get a 10% discount coupon on the itnerenet

For 39, they can keep their scores. I'll stick to Truecredit and just guesstimate up 60.

bamalucky

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 10:22:14 am »

Can this thread be split off?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

ToySoldier

• Lord Savage
    • View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:24:09 am »

MyFICO no longer provides Experian FICO scores. So you get 2 out of 3.
What Is Woke? - by Critical Drinker w/ 648,000+ views - https://youtu.be/LhRC6PQbCDo?t=75

You buy Bitcoin when you realize you were wrong

I'm "Right-Wing"?!? Not quite...
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37842.msg809141#msg809141

As our resident Jim Cramer

ira01

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 11:40:19 am »

Basically, it sounds like Truecredit is about 60 points lower than your true FICO.

I don't think that necessarily applies to anyone else, or even to you at a different point in time (with different things in your credit report). 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

mhs505

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 11:43:42 am »

Do you have an AMEX card?  Credit Secure from AMEX provides 3 FAKO score for about 11.95 a month, but you can do a pull EVERY day.   You used to be able to do that with TrueCredit but it has change.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 12:15:42 pm »

Basically, it sounds like Truecredit is about 60 points lower than your true FICO.

I don't think that necessarily applies to anyone else, or even to you at a different point in time (with different things in your credit report). 

My Truecredit is actually higher than my actual score.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 12:46:57 pm »

\
I see your point.

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
Checking Credit Scores
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:37 pm »

MyFICO no longer provides Experian FICO scores. So you get 2 out of 3.

wow, that sucks... they should really be charging $25 (before discount) for both if that's the case. 

a quick check shows they're now selling just your choice of 1 CRA (one-time) for $15.95, or the same choice of 1 CRA which can be checked three times for $49.95.  wow, that sucks...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up