Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: deleted Doug Fuller blog posts  (Read 16499 times)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
Re: deleted Doug Fuller blog posts
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:19:43 pm »

here are the deleted blog posts

Collections Update #2
Friday, April 11th, 2008

I’ve just returned from my monthly visit to AmSher.  I’m very impressed with how quickly they have come up to speed on working Prosper accounts.  With three business days left in the month, we have already achieved our second best month ever in terms of total dollars collected, dollars collected per collection account and percent cured.  For example, through 3/26, we had collected $50.58 per collection account.  Those who were at Prosper Days may remember that the record was set in January at $52.27.  My expectation is that we should have a record setting month in at least two of the three metrics.

I’m even more encouraged in that I am confident that next month will be better than this month.  We’re still working through some system interface issues, but have most of the kinks worked out.  We did find that implementing two commission structures for AmSher would require significant system work on our end.  As such, we will be handling the difference in commissions by doing periodic refunds to lenders.  The first refund should be posted by the end of April.

On the legal test, the vast majority of the cases have been sent to the courts.  Since this is a new asset class, the law firm did not have the pleadings set up in their automation system and are having to create each complaint manually.  Of the 66 accounts, there are five cases still in the production stage.  Additionally, there are four disputes that arose in the last three weeks which we have to answer before filing suit.  In next month’s update, I’ll have new figures on the number on whom we’ve obtained service — and hoping the first flood of post filing payments.

We will be doing another debt sale in the future.  We are waiting to see if AmSher can shake some money out of the older accounts.  While not a large number, AmSher has secured payments from 12 accounts that were at 121+ days in approximately six weeks.  This compares with an average of 2.2 payments per month previously.  A second reason for waiting is the current large amount of “inventory” in the debt market.  Basically the market is swamped by the large issuers scrambling to make quarter end numbers.

Doug Fuller is the Vice President of Operations at Prosper.
http://blog.prosper.com/2008/04/11/collections-update/

Debt Sale Update
Friday, May 2nd, 2008

As most lenders’ know, Prosper had been planning to execute a debt sale during the month of April. To this end, a “bid file” was cut on April 11th. This bid file contained all loans that were more than 120 days past due as of that date that did not have a bankruptcy indicator or an open “Promise to Pay”.

In keeping with Prosper’s debt sale process, this file was sent to a list of approved bidders who have expressed interest in buying charged off Prosper debt. In addition, this file was placed with one of the largest debt auction/broker firms in the business. This firm has been in business for more than 15 years and hosts one of the premiere debt sale auction sites. The firm averages five portfolio sales a week – with portfolio sizes ranging from $2.5MM to $500MM.

As a result of these efforts, Prosper received a record number of bids on the sale file (eight). Unfortunately, all of the bids were extremely low. As I mentioned in my last update, the debt market was “flooded” by credit card issuers in March. That backlog has not dissipated.

At this point, we have not accepted a bid to buy the portfolio. We are actively soliciting alternative bids and proposals and are working through the alternatives. We are working to get the best price possible and appreciate your patience in this matter. Without compromising the status of negotiations, we will keep you informed on the process.

Doug Fuller is the Vice President of Operations at Prosper.
http://blog.prosper.com/2008/05/02/debt-sale-update/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:24:17 pm by 112233 »

you're

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:23:01 pm »

The content exists somewhere here on Org, right?

For a company that is not admitting any wrongdoing, they sure are busy deleting stuff and evading questions.

ETA: Thanks, 112233.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:24:43 pm by Urbi_et_Orbi »
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:23:15 pm »

So what exactly in those two posts was incriminating enough that Prosper's lawyer told them to take those posts off the web site?  The lawyer is scared of something... and of course he gave himself away.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:32:02 pm by Fred93 »

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 11:27:36 pm »

Wasn't there a letter telling them to preserve everything?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 11:39:08 pm »

nominate for lobby.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:43 pm »

112233, would it be ok with you if we move this thread to The Lobby?
Free! I am free from Prosper!

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:46 pm »

So what exactly in those two posts was incriminating enough that Prosper's lawyer told them to take those posts off the web site?  The lawyer is scared of something... and of course he gave himself away.
Im guessing they lied about something in there, or severely exaggerated it.

you're

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 11:44:01 pm »

112233, would it be ok with you if we move this thread to The Lobby?
sure

you're

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:56:11 pm »

Hmmm... since one of the issues raised was the inability of "Lenders" to collect on their securities.  These two blog posts may have been wiped since they might show prosper's failure to perform their contracted duties.
Lobby permission granted

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 12:20:11 am »

here are some more deleted blog posts. the number in the parenthesis represents the minimum # of deleted blog posts. I dont know which posts these are or when they were deleted (yet).

Andrew Martinez-Fonts (5)
Chris Larsen (2)
Doug Fuller (2)
Eric Petroelje (1)
Jeremy of GenX Finance (1)
Lazy Man (1)
MapGirl (1)
Mike from Prosperous Land (2)
Patrick of Cash Money Life (1)
printans (1)
Prosper Blog (??)
RateLadder (19)
Roger Steciak (2)
Steve of Brip Blap (2)
SVB at The Digerati Life (1)
WealthBoy (2)
zcommodore (1)

you're

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 12:36:48 am »

Wow, this quiet period is getting more and more quiet all the time.

What's the next career move for these folks, archiving Soviet-era photographs?

"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 12:50:49 am »

I find it interesting that 19 out of 20 posts by RL were deleted. Surely he didn't raise alarms with the lawyers in almost every post of his, did he?

you're

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 12:55:58 am »

I find it interesting that 19 out of 20 posts by RL were deleted. Surely he didn't raise alarms with the lawyers in almost every post of his, did he?
What could possible be problematic about a paid contractor blogging about the virtues of Prosper's platform dealing in illegal securities, at the specific direction of Prosper's most senior executive, while presenting himself as a neutral third party?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 01:06:01 am »

Wasn't there a letter telling them to preserve everything?

Preserving everything doesn't mean keeping it public.  I'm sure Prosper still has copies of all the deleted stuff, and will have to turn it over in response to an appropriate discovery request.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up