Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Would You Like To Meet  (Read 33404 times)

ducks

• November 24 is Thanksgiving Day
    • View Profile
Re: Who Would You Like To Meet
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 10:24:57 pm »

I'm going to be in Kentucky the first week of June.... Hmm... probably not close to the south, though.  :)  (Kentucky is about as "south" as I get.)

From a Southern Girl Group on Facebook:

*Note: After reviewing a message from a member, I've decided to add KY to the list with 75% Southern status. UK IS part of the SEC and most of the state fits the culture...we just have to ignore the parts of the state that are close enough to Ohio to be considered Northern.*

;)
The Mason-Dixon line is in Kentucky. IIRC, Kentucky was neutral during the civil war.
Kentucky was part of the North in the civil war. Anyone born north of the Tennessee border is a Yankee.

And, as pioneer11 stated, the Mason-Dixon line formed the original southern border of Pennsylvania and has nothing to do with the war or the delineation of North and South. Washington DC is south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but I've never heard anyone claim DC was in the South!
Predictit.org portfolio (originally invested $100):
$182.47 withdrawn
$141.33 left in PredictIt

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 05:14:54 pm »

I met Alexander Frolov a month or so ago (not that any .org person could know who that is)   :ninja:

tekiegreg

• The WILD Computer Geek
    • View Profile
    • Codesweep's Home on the 'net
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 05:29:26 pm »

Alright I'll chime in:

MissAlaska2000 is likely to be the only one I have a realistic chance of meeting these days, as I drive nearby her place to and fro between Denver and Loveland.  Maybe one day  ;D

Outside of that, I'd be happy to meet up with just about any Prospers peep, BamaLucky would sure be fun after a beer or 2.  I'd imagine MtnChick would be an interesting meet as well.

Keryl and Zadrock are 2 other favorites, but I'm never in their neck of the woods.

I'll skip the Prosper.com staffers/supporters in the Bay Area, I'd be too tempted to strangle them and ask "Where's my money dammit!"

ETA: Actually it looks like Shenandoah is in my area too, but insufficient data on him to determine meet-worthiness...

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:40:21 pm by tekiegreg »
It's all Bamalucky's fault.

Beerbud1

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 06:15:23 pm »

ETA: Actually it looks like Shenandoah is in my area too, but insufficient data on him to determine meet-worthiness...
Shenandoah is a woman. She did live in your Area previously but now occupies space in Northern Virginia.
Thanks for not mentioning me... :P

tekiegreg

• The WILD Computer Geek
    • View Profile
    • Codesweep's Home on the 'net
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 06:17:24 pm »

Shenandoah is a woman. She did live in your Area previously but now occupies space in Northern Virginia.
ptttht....you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to Florida. But if you ever want to come out here I'd be happy to meet up.
It's all Bamalucky's fault.

Beerbud1

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 06:31:57 pm »

ptttht....you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to Florida. But if you ever want to come out here I'd be happy to meet up.
Some day I'm coming there to see someone who ripped me off on Prosper.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:39:55 pm by Beerbud1 »

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 07:05:16 pm »

He is a she ;) And she's in DC now - you missed your chance! I HAVE met her and she's quite nice :) Any time you're in the CBer named "hick" part of GA, LMK - I'll show you around. Though my mountains aren't as pretty as yours.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up