Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Citizen Responds To Prosper's Threats Against prosperreport.com  (Read 110247 times)

ks6328

• View Profile
Re: Public Citizen Responds To Prosper's Threats Against prosperreport.com
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2008, 12:13:35 am »

FYI, just a few minutes ago I wrote a check to Public Citizen for four snickers bars.  Two specific for prosperreport.com and two for their general fund.  It will go in the mail when I go to the post office this weekend.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 03:51:42 pm »

in any event, no big deal at this point. just thought people might be interested. If I get a response from customer service, Ill post it, otherwise I wont be pursuing the matter.

Prosper never responded to my request to clarify the reason why I was banned. The issue is now closed, but I wanted to close this loose end and put it on record. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:33:39 pm by 112233 »
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 04:17:59 pm »

in any event, no big deal at this point. just thought people might be interested. If I get a response from customer service, Ill post it, otherwise I wont be pursuing the matter.

Prosper never responded to my request to clarify the reason why I was banned. The issue is now closed for me, but I wanted close this loose end and put it on record. Thanks.

They are having a meeting trying to figure out how to deal with people who have better lawyers and more business knowledge than they have. It's going to be a long meeting.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 05:04:10 pm »

Some have compared Larsen to Ralph Nader for his consumer-rights fervor
http://www.ladlass.com/ice/archives/cat_financial_services.html

???
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2008, 08:14:51 pm »

???

That is an interesting comment.  What if we missed it all along?   Really ... what if CL, and thus PMI, doesn't really care that lenders are getting burned because deep down inside he sees himself as a modern day Robin Hood?   What if there is a real bias against lenders as capitalist pigs?  What if the term "consumer" only goes to the borrower in his mind? 

I know it is far fetched but ...

PLP

• View Profile
    • Personal Loan Portfolio
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 09:13:50 pm »

That is an interesting comment.  What if we missed it all along?   Really ... what if CL, and thus PMI, doesn't really care that lenders are getting burned because deep down inside he sees himself as a modern day Robin Hood?   What if there is a real bias against lenders as capitalist pigs?  What if the term "consumer" only goes to the borrower in his mind? 

Maybe not as far-fetched is that CL just has a major ego and feels justified to "Crime-and-Punishment" style burn a few lenders along the way to achieve his higher and more important goals. He certainly would not be the first character in many real life stories with such an ego. 

If you have not read Dostoyevsky, the main character kills and believes that the murder is justified because he believes that it is a necessity required to start him down his destined path to achieve his more lofty goals.  He ends up in jail instead.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 09:18:06 pm by PLP »

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 09:57:04 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:26:14 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

PLP

• View Profile
    • Personal Loan Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 10:02:33 pm »

I had noticed the Russian name in your post. Actually, it has been exactly 10 years this winter since I read the book while living in a dormitory in Russia. I read tons of Russian literature, but not with any coaching as comes in a college class, plus it has been some time so I likely over simplified the plot.  Anyway, what else can one do there in winter besides consume alcohol and read extremely depressing literature.  And it is probably the former that impacted my memory of the latter.   :o

Risk_Reward

• [quote author=ira01 link=topic=29057.msg527926#msg
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2008, 08:27:43 pm »

???

It took you this long to figure that out.  I mentioned that was what is really going on my second month here.
Real libertarian

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »

Well, I saw that PMI as a whole didn't care about lenders early on.  I just didn't get that the reason might be a deep seated, underlying, political-type statement by its founder.   

I met CL at the meet and greet in September in SF.  We talked about the Scorex data that lenders were seeing and the oddities that it presented.  He was engaged and at least seemed receptive to the discusssion.  I then sent him a follow up email which he graciously responded to and pass on to Nancy.   I got a rather unsatisfying answer from her, but I did get an answer nonetheless.

So, I am not convinced that the bias against lenders is philosophical.  But it is a possible.     
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up