Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obligatory 3-year anniversary post  (Read 3512 times)

HollowOak

• View Profile
Obligatory 3-year anniversary post
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:15:02 am »

Today Prosper sent me a 3-year anniversary notice. For me this event really transpires on May 16th, when my first loan turns 36 months old.

Old-timers still here may remember John P (I forgot his last name - don't remind me, this is in the Lobby) or JPProperties on Prosper. A nice guy, he was one of those HR lenders that flocked to Prosper. We funded him to the tune of $1,600 to fix up a property he was renting out (I'm typing this from memory, I might have the details wrong).

Anyway, over the intervening 3 years, John went late several times, always eventually catching back up. I used to communicate with him and he gave me a glance into the things going on in his life, - relocation, work changes and so on that might have caused him to run late on his payments. Lately he has not been communicating, even if I only ever contacted him after he became current again.

Well, to make a long story short, as a result of all the late payments, his final ballon payment will be $6.86 instead of the regular $1.87 (my snickers portion, of course - the reader may extrapolate to the full $1,600 of the original loan). It will be interesting to see if he manages this since he only became current in January of this year and whether the Prosper system can handle this.
Old Stump
My blog

Shenandoah

• View Profile
Re: Obligatory 3-year anniversary post
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:48:20 am »

Today Prosper sent me a 3-year anniversary notice.

My 3 year anniversary was April 25 and they didn't send me any notice  :'(
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:42 am »

Do you have email turned off in your preferences?  I do, and got no 3-year notice.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:11:02 am »

I got the notice - thanked me for 3 years then hoped we had another good year ;)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Shenandoah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:22:29 pm »

Do you have email turned off in your preferences?  I do, and got no 3-year notice.

Some are on, some are off.  All the ones relating to lender, borrower, and group are off.  All the "other" that include the promotion type stuff are on.

One other semi-related thing I also noticed is that there is no indication that a new message is waiting on the Prosper system.  There used to be a little (1) or whatever up in the right hand corner.  Now it doesn't show anything.  Since I don't have it sending me email when I receive a new message, I didn't realize that I'd missed one for a few days.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:38:05 am »

And so it endeth... or does it? In my opening post I referred to the JPProperties loan and mentioned the pending balloon payment.  Guess what? the final payment didn't go through. While I still have hopes that John will come through, it seems that with all the lates, etc. all the profit was in the back-end balloon payment.  Also interesting is that the loan is not showing as late, but merely as "Payoff in progress."

Old Stump
My blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up