Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Filing Registration Statement; Enters Quiet Period  (Read 17552 times)

HollowOak

• View Profile
LendingClub filings vs Prosper filings
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 02:52:41 pm »

I thought it might shed some light to see whether there are differences in the filings Prosper and LendingClub made with the SEC. This might explain why Prosper chose this time to announce that they were entering a quiet period. I'm operating on the basis that Prosper is following all the required rules and regulations, rather than belatedly finding out that that they were supposed to have announced in October/November of last year that they were entering a Quiet Period subject to their SEC filing.

Interestingly enough, LendingClub also appears more than once in the EDGAR database, though both entries have the same address and one entry have no documents filed under it.

Here is a list of "Who filed what and when:

EDGAR
Form
PurposeLendingClubProsper
RegdexNotice of Sale of Securities [Regulation D and Section 4(6) of the Securities Act of 1933], item 06
This implies that capital has been raised in a round of (VC) funding.
2007-08-15
2007-08-15
2007-09-20
2008-02-13
2008-09-02
2006-02-17
2007-06-29
Regdex/AAmended Notice of Sale of Securities [Regulation D and Section 4(6) of the Securities Act of 1933], item 06
Some modifications to a previous filing, correcting mistakes in the filing, adding missing information, etc.
-2006-07-26
S-1General form for registration of securities under the Securities Act of 19332008-06-202007-10-30
S-1/AAmended General form for registration of securities under the Securities Act of 1933
Some modifications to a previous filing, correcting mistakes in the filing, adding missing information, etc.
2008-08-04
2008-09-09
2008-10-09
-
EFFECTSome filing (S-1?) became effective as of this date.2008-10-10-
424B3Prospectus [Rule 424(b)(3)]2008-10-14-

So what can we tell  from this?

Here are my suppositions:
  • LendingClub went through 5 rounds of financing, never making a mistake in filing. One of the financing rounds were during their "Quiet Period," probably raising stay-alive financing or financing to fund loans on the site.
  • Prosper went through two rounds of financing (each round may have raised substantially more than the LendingClub rounds). However, in the initial filing there was something that needed correction 3 days before the second round was filed for.
  • LendingClub had a very active "dialog" with the SEC wrt their S-1 filing. LendingClub announced on April 7th 2008 that they would enter their quiet period. Their filing was done on June 20th. (Also an announcement was made on their website on that date). Between June and October, 2008, LendingClub filed three amendments to their S-1.
  • Prosper OTOH, filed their S-1 on October 2007, have made no revisions to the filing and has not announced their quiet period until now. I do not recall whether Propser actually announced the S-1 filing anywhere or whether .org members actually discovered the filing independent of Prosper.
  • In the light of a general scarcity of announcements of "quiet periods" by companies, one may wonder what prompted Prosper to announce theirs at this point in time? Oversight? External influences? Legal maneuvers? The business climate?
Old Stump
My blog

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: LendingClub filings vs Prosper filings
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 02:57:07 pm »

I'm operating on the basis that Prosper is following all the required rules and regulations, rather than belatedly finding out that that they were supposed to have announced in October/November of last year that they were entering a Quiet Period subject to their SEC filing.

I have always enjoyed your sense of humor.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 03:15:56 pm »

I'm operating on the basis that Prosper is following all the required rules and regulations, rather than belatedly finding out that that they were supposed to have announced in October/November of last year that they were entering a Quiet Period subject to their SEC filing.

I have always enjoyed your sense of humor.
And I have always enjoyed yours.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 03:20:12 pm »

• In the light of a general scarcity of announcements of "quiet periods" by companies, one may wonder what prompted Prosper to announce theirs at this point in time? Oversight? External influences? Legal maneuvers? The business climate?

Just wanted to quote this since it's what I'm wondering too.
    Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

bamalucky

• View Profile
    Re: Prosper Filing Registration Statement; Enters Quiet Period
    « Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 03:33:30 pm »

LC lets you sell the late loans on the secondary..Some are already up.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 03:34:40 pm »

Along those lines and FWIW, on 4/8/08 - soon after LendingClub entered their quiet period - Prosper apparently commented:
    Person-to-person lending is an increasingly popular way for individuals to borrow and lend money at attractive interest rates. Understandably, it must be done in a secure and trusted way. While we’re not in a position to comment on another company’s regulatory stance, Prosper believes that the way we have structured the Prosper marketplace is in compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Currently Prosper has over 650,000 members, and more than $130 million in loans have funded through the Prosper marketplace.
    (linky)

yankeefan

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 04:19:07 pm »

Just wanted to quote this since it's what I'm wondering too.

Many- even most, companies honor the "quiet period" rules every quarter by limiting communication while preparing the quarterly earnings releases.    Quiet periods leading up to release of info about public offerings are also common. 

I am not an expert on the precise rules.[/list]

ira01

• View Profile
      « Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 04:31:14 pm »

LC lets you sell the late loans on the secondary..Some are already up.

Didn't their announcement say that only loans originated after the registration effective date October 10, 2008, IIRC) would be eligible for resale?
      If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

cowdog

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 06:22:16 pm »

Ding Dong, the wicked Prosper's gone!

Cowdog takes the opportunity to exit, stage left.

;D

Gogmagog

• View Profile
      « Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 07:45:35 pm »

I'm wondering if the SEC didn't know what to do with them.  Now that it has decided how it should work, all the filings are moving through the process at roughly the same time. 

Senator

• View Profile
      « Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 09:04:13 am »

Can I no longer ask them why the heck they refuse to refund my Amsher Overcharges?
      You can ask, just don't expect an answer.  How is that different from before?
      Stats as of 12/29/2010:
      Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
      Cash balance: $0
      Principal value of active notes:  $0
      Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Senator

• View Profile
      « Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 09:05:24 am »

People like Researchpro & Mjerry will no longer be able to bastardize their ROI.This will force their loan age to get longer.
      Mjerry won't be able to make community payments any more?
      Stats as of 12/29/2010:
      Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
      Cash balance: $0
      Principal value of active notes:  $0
      Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

God-Father

• Pay up!
        • View Profile
      « Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 12:56:11 pm »

People like Researchpro & Mjerry will no longer be able to bastardize their ROI.This will force their loan age to get longer.
      Mjerry won't be able to make community payments any more?
      Make a community payment still shows up as an option.

czach

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 01:14:34 pm »

What's bugging me about this is that since the traditional credit markets have completely tanked for anyone with a FI <740, Prosper stood as a great place for people to go get loans. And we might have actually seen a decent ROI for bidding on A's and B's that banks aren't touching since banks need to hold ALL THEIR MONEY and the newbies are stopping lending to idiots and driving the rates down.

So now Prosper does this. Great timing, oddly enough Prosper is one of the few bright spots in my portfolio with my little 7.62% ROI...

What next?

Chris

bamalucky

• View Profile
      « Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:46 pm »

$25 transfer out minimum is gone
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
      Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up