Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper "charging off " loans  (Read 22871 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile
Re: Prosper "charging off " loans
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 10:39:43 am »

I can't wait to see what this does to ROI's on lendingstats
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

beerbud1

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 10:43:01 am »

Lending Performance
Net income (interest + fees + rewards): $11,936.79
Net charge-offs:                               -$15,694.13
Net gain/loss:                                    -$3,757.34

hanyhany

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 10:48:06 am »

this does not bode well.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 11:00:28 am »

What's weird is that I haven't gotten emails through my regular email so far. If I hadn't logged in to move money and/or read here, I wouldn't know about them.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 11:02:12 am »

What's weird is that I haven't gotten emails through my regular email so far. If I hadn't logged in to move money and/or read here, I wouldn't know about them.

I had a few moved from 4++++ to Charged Off, but I don't have any Prosper Messages nor any e-mails notifying me of the move.

pfspartan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 11:04:36 am »

(Just saw this thread ... I had posted this in another thread).

I was surprised that they charged off a loan that had two payments in October (loan 14606).  There were payments on 10/8 and 10/22.  I had hoped this one might get current at some point.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 11:06:51 am »

I had several charged off (including Bmay2's daughter), but I had no message on the Prosper site and no email.  The only indications I found was a dramatically reduced ROI and account activity items hidden deep inside account "history."
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

moneytree4172

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 11:07:02 am »

I received both a prosper message and an email for my one new charge off.  The prosper message came at 01:30 and the email came at 06:07.    
Confusion not only reigns, it pours.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 11:46:02 am »

I got three today. I got Prosper messages but no e-mail so far.
The three loans were 10, 13, and 14 months late.

ETA: Got e-mail about each charge-off.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:46:10 pm by Nora_Lenderbee »

Elmslice

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 11:49:16 am »

11 charge offs, 10 e-mails.  The amount of charged off loans has been removed from my account value and loan value, which should have been done months ago but is a welcome cleanup of account balances nonetheless.   

I still have 7 loans in bankruptcy, which I understand cannot be cleared until the BKs are discharged.  These loans continue to accrue interest which is reflected in account balances, even though the chances of collecting any of this interest are vanishingly small.   I would like to see Prosper show an account balance net of BK's (and their accruing interest) which would be more reflective of "live" money in lender accounts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Goodbye forever CellMan, MsBoss and the rest.   May you learn your lesson and never screw a creditor again.   

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 12:10:11 pm »

11 charge offs, 10 e-mails.  The amount of charged off loans has been removed from my account value and loan value, which should have been done months ago but is a welcome cleanup of account balances nonetheless.   

I still have 7 loans in bankruptcy, which I understand cannot be cleared until the BKs are discharged.  These loans continue to accrue interest which is reflected in account balances, even though the chances of collecting any of this interest are vanishingly small.   I would like to see Prosper show an account balance net of BK's (and their accruing interest) which would be more reflective of "live" money in lender accounts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Goodbye forever CellMan, MsBoss and the rest.   May you learn your lesson and never screw a creditor again.   

May we all learn our lesson and never lend to deadbeats again.  ;)

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 12:12:11 pm »

3 of my 4 4+++++lates were moved to charged-off.  The only one that wasn't is the 0/0/0 B 14% DTI fraudster who stole $24K and never made a single payment.  I would love to think that the reason that one wasn't charged off is that Prosper is going to sue on it or repurchase it, but I'm sure the real reason is simply Prosper ineptitude.  One of my 3 charge-offs shows "in collections," while the other two don't (one of which made a payment just two months ago -- she had been making fairly regular half-payments every two months or so, but now I bet she doesn't make any more of them).  As with everything Prosper, this whole process seems to be completely unthought out and poorly executed.  
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

dliebs97

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 12:21:27 pm »

I had 2 get moved to charged off, never got an email, just a message once I logged onto prosper

one was 15+ months late

the other has been late since Sept 07 but has sporadically made collections payments and only went 4 months late on 10/19, that seems a bit fishy to me

warhola

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 12:26:39 pm »

Lending Performance
Net income (interest + fees + rewards): $11,936.79
Net charge-offs:                               -$15,694.13
Net gain/loss:                                    -$3,757.34

Ouch!

shemachinist

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 12:28:27 pm »

....  I had been lucky...  Have close to 30 loans.  In that time I've only got 3 loans that are problem children.  One is at 2 months late, one is 15 days late, but back to paying monthly payments, just hasn't made a catch up payment to make them current.  And one loan, way back from December that only made a single payment in january....and has sat at 4 months late since May..  And of course, no charge off.  So guess what I get...a BK filed October 16th.. Thank you prosper for nothing.  would have been nice if they'd sold off the loan....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up