Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: deleted Doug Fuller blog posts  (Read 16531 times)

onthefence

• View Profile
Re: deleted Doug Fuller blog posts
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 03:15:05 am »

Wasn't there a letter telling them to preserve everything?

Preserving everything doesn't mean keeping it public.  I'm sure Prosper still has copies of all the deleted stuff, and will have to turn it over in response to an appropriate discovery request.

But it is a good approach to hamper basic research.
Lobby permission granted

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 10:11:45 am »

zcommodore (1)

Why would they delete my only post about maintaining/improving ones credit score?  That's weird.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 10:20:05 am »

zcommodore (1)

Why would they delete my only post about maintaining/improving ones credit score?  That's weird.
maybe because it's not line with their current themes such as cashing in your home equity, and shopping sprees?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 10:21:07 am »

ratladder had 19 blog posts deleted???

Nice work, agent 112233.  You have done more than any single forum member to preserve history, and as an armchair historian myself, I appreciate your efforts.

beerbud1

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 10:22:08 am »

Nice work, agent 112233.  You have done more than any single forum member to preserve history, and as an armchair historian myself, I appreciate your efforts.
+3

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 10:22:51 am »

Preserving everything doesn't mean keeping it public.  I'm sure Prosper still has copies of all the deleted stuff, and will have to turn it over in response to an appropriate discovery request.

I see no reason to be especially sure about that.  They're nothing if not dopey.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 10:23:58 am »

Months ago, I got an invite in Email to submit a post to the Prosper blog.
At the time, it didn't seem worth my time and effort.

Now, it seems quite possible that had I contributed a blog post, it'd be poof'd by now.
Glad I ignored that Email.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 10:30:48 am »

I cant take all the credit. Some people who will remain anonymous have given me some good suggestions.

this is only RL post left standing:
http://blog.prosper.com/2008/02/07/leveraging-social-capital-and-blogger-panel/

you're

moneytree4172

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 10:31:11 am »

The way back machine still has all kinds of archives of various blog postings.  

http://web.archive.org/web/*/blog.prosper.com/*

ETA - here's the one where RateLadders role was announced.

RateLadder New Editor-in-Chief of Prosper Blog

12/20/07 posted by RateLadder

Prosper:

“Prosper is pleased to announce that as of today, RateLadder will be the new Editor-in-Chief of the Prosper Blog.” — Prosper Marketplace

RateLadder:

I would like to thank Prosper, my wife, my daughter, my parents, my in-laws, my dogs…

*queue the exit stage music*

Just kidding… Seriously though… I have a passion for p2p lending. I have been a lender since July 2006. I have been running my 3rd party sites since right after reading about Prosper. These sites are still my own and are not part of the contract for Editor-in-Chief of the Prosper Blog: RateLadder, ProProsper, and P2P No Bank.

Full disclosure: I am not an employee of Prosper Marketplace, Inc. I am managing the Prosper Blog as an independent contractor as such I have agreed to a non-disclosure agreement and all of my activities as Editor-in-Chief of the Prosper Blog are owned and copyright by Prosper Marketplace, Inc.

I love the idea that with Prosper you can help people and make a better return than a normal savings account.

“But LendingStats says your ROI is currently ~4%: http://www.lendingstats.com/lenders/RateLadder_com ” –Informed Reader

Yes, but my Eric’s Community Credit ROI is ~9%.: http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/Rateladder_com

Without getting into the details of the ROI calculation at these 3rd party sites, I will just say this…

I have been lending since July 2006. I, like many, made some early mistakes in my lending strategy. Even though I was bidding on the better credit grades I didn’t pay close enough attention to other extended credit parameters… I continually adjust my bidding strategy and expect that my ROI (as estimated by both sites mentioned above) will continue to show improvement in the future.

The beauty of the Prosper Marketplace is that you can adjust and adapt. I started the RateLadder blog in December 2006 for exactly those reasons: to keep myself honest, pay attention to the marketplace, and evolve into the best lender I can be.

I hope you can see that I have a passion for p2p lending and I will bring that passion to the Prosper Blog as Editor-in-Chief.

We are always looking to share experiences of Prosper success with the readers of the Prosper Blog… If you have had a positive experience as either a lender or borrower, we encourage you to submit that story as a post for the blog. We even like rigorous math (but we like charts better as they are easy on the eyes).

I hope everyone enjoys reading and commenting on the Prosper Blog.

Here’s to our Prosperous success,

RateLadder

RateLadder is the Editor-in-Chief of the Prosper Blog.  He is a Prosper lender and has been since July, 2006.  He has a passion for p2p lending.  He owns RateLadder — My Prosper.com Journey and other P2P Lending Adventures, P2P No Bank the P2P Blog Aggregate, and ProProsper — Professional Tools for Prosper Lenders featuring SQL access to Prosper data.

Posted in Prosper News
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:35:38 am by moneytree4172 »
Confusion not only reigns, it pours.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 12:43:42 pm »

I see no reason to be especially sure about that.  They're nothing if not dopey.

True, but if Prosper destroyed evidence after receiving a lawyer letter stating that suit was going to be filed and specifically demanding the preservation of all evidence, a court would probably severely sanction Prosper, including a jury instruction that the jury should infer that all of the destroyed evidence was damaging to Prosper.

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 01:00:31 pm »

Is it reasonable to assume that just because blog posts and other information have been removed from their website that they are being completely destroyed?  There seems to be a lot of speculation suggesting that Prosper is destroying evidence but just because they remove information from being publicly available doesn't necessarily mean the information is completely destroyed.  I can't believe they don't have some sort of backup copies in their system and, given the legal ramifications, that they are destroying all those backup copies.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 01:07:29 pm »

Is it reasonable to assume that just because blog posts and other information have been removed from their website that they are being completely destroyed?  There seems to be a lot of speculation suggesting that Prosper is destroying evidence but just because they remove information from being publicly available doesn't necessarily mean the information is completely destroyed.  I can't believe they don't have some sort of backup copies in their system and, given the legal ramifications, that they are destroying all those backup copies.

Didn't I say that in my post that is quoted right above yours? 

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »

Didn't I say that in my post that is quoted right above yours? 

True, you did.  I guess I didn't see it when originally posted and I tend to skim over quoted posts and didn't notice that it had already been said.

BrassKnuckles

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 02:20:03 pm »

you mean basic hampster research right?

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 02:23:21 pm »

you mean basic hampster research right?

basic dumpster research?
Free! I am free from Prosper!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up