Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: case dismissed (yet another one)  (Read 36667 times)

ira01

• View Profile
Re: case dismissed (yet another one)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 12:39:00 pm »

Dismissed w/o prejudice means Prosper can file again, right?

Yes.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 12:49:15 pm »

I thought Doug Fuller was an expert at court cases.

Fraudman
Last Active:  Today at 06:25:34 AM

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:04 pm »

Well, he's not doing his job, so I'm surprised he cares when we comment on it.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 01:00:02 pm »

Well, he's not doing his job, so I'm surprised he cares when we comment on it.

It's not like he has anything else to do.......
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 06:17:55 pm »

maybe Prosper's self imposed "Quiet Period" means they don't show up at court hearings too.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 06:27:52 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:33:31 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »

So if Doug Fuller is hunting around, although we know he won't respond right now.  I want to know how he can explain his performance vs. the words he spilled out when he initially joined prosper.

Q: Okay, so you need to decide who to sue, then what?
A: Put quite simply, my philosophy is this – if you won’t pay, but can (or will in the future) be able to pay, I’m going to sue you. If I sue you I’m going to win.

Q: That sounds kind of arrogant, can you back it up?
A: Courts in seven states have recognized me as an expert at consumer debt litigation. At Credigy, if a case got really nasty, I would go testify live. I refuse to lose.

Q: Really? What’s your win/lose record?
A: In my last 18 months at Credigy, I testified live at 42 trials. My record was 41-1. By the way, I fired the law firm where we lost.[/size]
Because right now, it sounds like he blew out a load of hot air & is full of shit.

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but it's my honest opinion.

BTW - has Doug Fuller fired the law firm yet?
Lobby permission granted

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 07:49:54 am »

Yeah, this crack collection team (Fuller and his primo collection lawyers) are 0 for what now?  Not the same as his claimed 41 of 42 at his old office.  I'd say his batting average is a lot less than 50% by now.

Nice work, Doug. 

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 09:22:39 am »

Yeah, this crack collection team (Fuller and his primo collection lawyers) are 0 for what now?  Not the same as his claimed 41 of 42 at his old office.  I'd say his batting average is a lot less than 50% by now.

If these numbers represented loans instead of cases,
wouldn't his Experian ROI be somewhere around -43%?   ;D

OK - I need more coffee...

bankomatic

• Tyrant and Slave Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »

So, to put this in terms I can understand. The prosper is not winning these cases because they are not able to follow proper court procedures in filling out the paperwork?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 04:47:04 pm »

So, to put this in terms I can understand. The prosper is not winning these cases because they are not able to follow proper court procedures in filling out the paperwork?

We don't know that.  It doesn't appear that Prosper has lost any of these cases on the merits, or had them dismissed by the Court for failure to comply with proper procedures.  Rather, the ones that have ended have all been dismissed without prejudice by Prosper.  We don't know why.  Maybe someone should try calling the defendants and see if they can shed some light on this?

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 04:48:31 pm »

I'm not sure I'd go that far.  We don't have enough information to get a good answer to "why".  However, there's enough in the record to indicate sloppines, and apparent failure.

I get the impression that they just didn't try very hard.  Perhaps that could be explained by not putting enough resources behind it.  Another possibility is that they started with a good plan, but "gave up" at some point, and stopped the effort, and let the pieces fall where they might.

In any case the result is that they look like complete fools.

Edited to add: I agree with Ira.  There are many possibilities.  For example: One possibility is identity fraud.  Maybe the defendants were able to argue that they weren't the right people.  Lenders would love to know whether this is true, because it has implications.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:50:05 pm by Fred93 »

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 05:10:09 pm »

I'm not sure I'd go that far.  We don't have enough information to get a good answer to "why".  However, there's enough in the record to indicate sloppines, and apparent failure.

I get the impression that they just didn't try very hard.  Perhaps that could be explained by not putting enough resources behind it.  Another possibility is that they started with a good plan, but "gave up" at some point, and stopped the effort, and let the pieces fall where they might.

This is a very good point.  Fred, since you've obviously been following these cases, have you noticed whether Prosper is still "doing stuff" (i.e., new filings in the last couple months -- other than dismissals), or has activity apparently ceased?  One thing that I find very odd is that so far as we've seen, Prosper hasn't obtained a default judgment in a single case (of course, we only have information on some of the cases, so it is possible they have).  Given the very high rate of defaults by debtors in collections cases, I find that very strange (and troubling). 

I wish that Ferrix would get the wiki fixed, because the pages on the NAT (complete with links to the official court pages) would be very helpful in trying to take another look at these cases and figure out what is going on.

In any case the result is that they look like complete fools.

That's certainly true.

Edited to add: I agree with Ira.  There are many possibilities.  For example: One possibility is identity fraud.  Maybe the defendants were able to argue that they weren't the right people.  Lenders would love to know whether this is true, because it has implications.

Damn straight.  Personally, I think it is quite likely that the NAT turned up some ID theft cases which, of course, Prosper would then be obligated to repurchase from lenders for 100%.  I doubt many of us trust Prosper to voluntarily disclose this, since they would rather just dismiss the NAT cases and leave lenders holding the bag.  This is one of the reasons I'm sorry that the class action against Prosper on just the SEC issue pretty much pre-empted the more comprehensive litigation against Prosper that would have been filed.  I sure would have liked to have seen the discovery in that case.  It may well have demonstrated Prosper improprieties beyond anything we've even suspected. 

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44:22 pm »

It's also possible that the crack collection firm decided there's no point in wasting legal time trying to get defaults entered when the judgments aren't collectible.

I don't have a clue.

Very, very disappointing.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 07:55:47 pm »

It's also possible that the crack collection firm decided there's no point in wasting legal time trying to get defaults entered when the judgments aren't collectible.

The NAT loans were supposedly hand-picked, with one of the criteria being collectability.  In any event, after drafting complaints, paying the filing fee, and (eventually) affecting service, it wouldn't make much sense to not obtain default judgments.  That doesn't take a lot of legal effort to do, and it is, after all, what they were hired for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up