Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ed Giedgowd is moving on  (Read 8740 times)

Beerbud1

Re: Ed Giedgowd is moving on
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 03:17:50 pm »

Anyone who thinks he resigned is dreaming.

Shenandoah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 04:21:01 pm »

He isn't the first departing exec either.

Co founder anyone?

I think NewHorizon was saying that he's the first departing exec to post about his departure on the blog.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 05:38:00 am »

Yeah, that's how I was trying to word it - that of the departing execs, Ed was the first to say good-bye.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 06:20:18 pm »

According to Giedgowd's updated LinkedIn profile...his current occupation is listed as Member of Prosper's Advisory Board.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/edward-giedgowd/4/338/2b

Current Advisory Board Member at Prosper Marketplace, Inc.

That's fine - although I'd be curious to see a complete list of who else is on that board.  I have previously seen the "credit expert" from PD07 listing himself on the "advisory board" and also Ken Kurson (The Kurse).

What I found particularly amusing, however, is how Giedgowd describes his P-related accomplishments.
(please forgive me for bolding selected sections of text)

Edward Giedgowd’s Summary
I am an experienced General Counsel and consumer finance attorney that enjoys building and growing innovative new businesses, especially those presenting difficult compliance challenges or requiring regulatory interaction and approvals.

For the last 10 years I have served as General Counsel at two ground-breaking start-ups: first at E-LOAN and then at prosper.com. Both involved building companies and legal departments from the ground up, while seeking and obtaining regulatory approvals for unique designs in the heavily regulated consumer credit industry. Most recently, I was the primary legal and compliance architect of prosper.com, the nation’s first and world’s largest “peer-to-peer” lending platform, which has been recognized by commentators and regulators as one of the most promising financial innovations in recent years.

Prior to my General Counsel roles I worked for 17 years at the Severson & Werson law firm, where I headed their consumer finance practice group. I have a great mix of technical legal expertise and entrepreneurial business experience.

Edward Giedgowd’s Specialties:
Corporate law, consumer credit; commercial finance; securities law compliance; lending licensing and regulatory approvals; order from chaos; grace under pressure.

General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer
Prosper Marketplace, Inc.
(Privately Held; Financial Services industry)

June 2005 — October 2009 (4 years 5 months)

Served as formative General Counsel and primary legal and compliance architect of the nation’s first and world’s largest "peer-to-peer lending" platform, requiring extensive and complex interaction and approvals from state and federal lending and securities regulators.

What an incompetent and thoroughly dishonest person...
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 08:10:43 pm »

He left out such things as recommending that PMI sell unregistered securities, and that they violate provisions of the lender agreements that they wrote.   These are accomplishments any corporation would be looking to copy.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 08:29:04 pm »

He left out such things as recommending that PMI sell unregistered securities, and that they violate provisions of the lender agreements that they wrote.   These are accomplishments any corporation would be looking to copy.

In addition to his many mistakes being parts of the reason the lender's lawsuit was filed.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 08:53:57 pm »

getting their name wrong on court documents (prosper bank)
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up