Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper canceling failed standing transfers?  (Read 10602 times)

DCS

• View Profile
Re: Prosper canceling failed standing transfers?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 02:16:42 pm »

So here is what I believe to be the scoop.  Any standing orders you had before Prosper 2.0 will poof the first time they fail (they may poof the first time they execute, pass or fail).  I have setup new standing orders since they have been back up and these are behaving the way they always have.

Thanks God-Father.  Luckily, I just had my large payment come in today, so I was able to set up my weekly and monthly transfers again.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

When you guys set up the new automatic scheduled transfers, are you first compelled to sign off on some Prosper2.0 agreements perhaps?

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 02:29:54 pm »

I didn't have to sign anything.  The only difference is my automatic transfers now must be $25 or more.  (However, I did a manual one yesterday for under $10.)

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 03:34:55 am »

Same thing happened to me.  I had automatic scheduled transfers for every day of the week, and an additional big monthly one.  They're all gone from the "Scheduled Transfers" list now.

Also, under "Past Transfers", the most recently scheduled automatic transfers (including the big monthly one set to happen in early June) are shown as "Failed."  Prosper must have cancelled them all.
So here is what I believe to be the scoop.  Any standing orders you had before Prosper 2.0 will poof the first time they fail (they may poof the first time they execute, pass or fail).  I have setup new standing orders since they have been back up and these are behaving the way they always have.

Actually, standing transfers I recreated *after* the event were also canceled. Prosper's response to me was rather curt, merely indicating that the issue was "fixed," without offering an apology or an explanation.

I have not been back yet, since I may have enough remaining orders to clear my account on a weekly basis.
Old Stump
My blog

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 03:33:03 pm »

One nice thing, suspended members can still borrow. I need $29,000 for a super deal. Might get the major portion from Prosper.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 03:34:17 pm »

One nice thing, suspended members can still borrow. I need $29,000 for a super deal. Might get the major portion from Prosper.

Not me..I can't list.

My Credit Union loans money almost as cheap as the Prosper paperwork fee.

http://www.fortmcclellancu.org/rates.asp
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 04:28:20 pm »

Not me (not that I would borrow from Prosper anyway -- I can get money much cheaper elsewhere, not that I need to borrow any).  What did you get suspended for?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 04:33:23 pm »

I get the following when trying to create a listing:

Quote from: Prosper
Your account is suspended

The feature you have requested is not available to accounts that are suspended. Please contact customer support with any questions.

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 02:23:43 pm »

I didn't have to sign anything.  The only difference is my automatic transfers now must be $25 or more.  (However, I did a manual one yesterday for under $10.)

It appears the $25 limit applies to manual transfers as well now.  Today I have a $24.23 cash balance and Prosper won't let me initiate a transfer.  >:(

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 03:24:37 pm »

It appears the $25 limit applies to manual transfers as well now.  Today I have a $24.23 cash balance and Prosper won't let me initiate a transfer.  >:(

I guess Prosper read here that transfers under $25 were being allowed for non-CA lenders, and promptly fixed that.  Too bad Prosper doesn't spend as much time doing things like collections and verification as it does finding ways to stick it to lenders.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 03:36:02 pm »

I just did a manual transfer of $6.64.

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 03:39:19 pm »

I just did a manual transfer of $6.64.

Ah, you're right.  I had forgotten to switch the drop-down to "From Prosper To" bank.  DOH!

Sorry for the false alarm...

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 10:39:11 am »

Prosper got rid of the little animated item which illustrated the directionality of the transfer.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 12:41:41 pm »

Prosper got rid of the little animated item which illustrated the directionality of the transfer.

yeah definitely a bad idea there.

I also hate how you can't see the daggers anymore either.  now you have to click on each loan, and it shows "Processing" instead.  so not only can you not see how many daggers you have at one time, they removed the distinction between 2 daggers and 1 dagger?  or is Processing one dagger and something else (Scheduled?) is 2 daggers?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:44:12 pm by brianguy »

Beerbud1

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 02:54:34 pm »

yeah definitely a bad idea there.

I also hate how you can't see the daggers anymore either.  now you have to click on each loan, and it shows "Processing" instead.  so not only can you not see how many daggers you have at one time, they removed the distinction between 2 daggers and 1 dagger?  or is Processing one dagger and something else (Scheduled?) is 2 daggers?
Although I agree with you....It's funny because we all bitched about daggers actually being meaningless because so many payments failed to execute anyway. I know I did. I know I was frustrated many times seeing Double daggers and then a single dagger and then no payment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up