Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newish lender agreement..Has anyone read it?  (Read 11043 times)

onthefence

• View Profile
Re: Newish lender agreement..Has anyone read it?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:52 pm »

Credit card companies and banks are allowed to alter the terms of their loans because they are THE LENDER.
Prosper will not be the lender on any of these loans, and should not have the power to change any terms or negotiate any settlement without THE LENDER'S authorization. Any lender signing anything giving this power to Prosper is a fool.

In theory it would be good for Prosper to negotiate settlements.  But there are two problems here.
1) Prosper has a piss poor history of looking out for the Lender's interests.
2) Prosper has specifically stated in their new agreement that Prosper IS NOT A FIDUCIARY AGENT for the lenders.

Which begs the question, who the heck is looking out for the lenders at prosper?  Obviously no one.
Lobby permission granted

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:26:09 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 11:02:47 pm »

Maybe we should write the SEC and ask them how the "Not Your Fiduciary Agent" thing works with securities.
Lobby permission granted

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 06:27:23 pm »

Oh my..

Prohibited Activities. You agree that you will not do the following, in connection with any listings, bids, Notes, borrower loans or other transactions involving or potentially involving Prosper:. Include or display any personally identifying information, including, without limitation, name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number or driver's license number, or bank account or credit card numbers of any Prosper member on your Prosper member web page, or elsewhere on or off of the Prosper website, including but not limited to on any forum, blog or website

RULES OF PROSPER:

1st RULE: You do not talk about PROSPER.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about PROSPER.
LOL! They want to censor other web sites.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 07:20:39 pm »

BTW - That clause opens the way for a scott-free bankruptcy.  Prosper sells the remaining loans for pennies on the dollar, divvies it up amongst their creditors.  They aren't even fiduciary agents.  Case closed.  Prosper management walks away with a golden parachute.
Lobby permission granted

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »

BTW - That clause opens the way for a scott-free bankruptcy.  Prosper sells the remaining loans for pennies on the dollar, divvies it up amongst their creditors.  They aren't even fiduciary agents.  Case closed.  Prosper management walks away with a golden parachute.
Certainly the newish agreement applies to newish loans, right?
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 09:52:20 pm »

Certainly the newish agreement applies to newish loans, right?

Right.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up