Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Poll

are you participating in the outcry of investors around the country who want to participate in peer-to-peer lending?

Yes
- 7 (6.8%)
No
- 85 (82.5%)
WGAF
- 11 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lender Outcry  (Read 18201 times)

ccat

• View Profile
Re: Lender Outcry
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 02:43:00 pm »

Is an outcry the same thing as a snivel  :D

Beerbud1

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:34 pm »

I second the nomination for the lobby

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 02:56:33 pm »

lobby please

Usually I want to have the permission of the person who started the thread but, since that is you, and we had a second, so be it!  ;)
Free! I am free from Prosper!

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 06:54:09 pm »

*poof*
/wrong area for post.
Lobby permission granted

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 07:29:42 pm »

Could someone point me the the "outcry place" - I did it to CS a few times but they never heard me.

Navy-slush-fund

• Tubing on the St. Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:21 pm »

prosper's statement has been posted in various threads. here is a copy in case you haven't read it
http://prosperclassaction.wordpress.com/

You know, that link made me think of something -- Counsel for the class should immediately propound discovery on Prosper asking for a complete explanation of why it shut down again.  Clearly that is relevant to the class action claims of securities violations, and I bet that Prosper would have to admit under oath something very different than its absurd statement about the "lender outcry."   :ninja:  Unfortunately, it appears that counsel for the class is doing a pretty half-assed job so far.   :(
Unfortunately, it appears that counsel for the class is doing a pretty half-assed job so far)))   maybe ya get what ya paid for.....

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:54:14 am »

prosper's statement has been posted in various threads. here is a copy in case you haven't read it

You know, that link made me think of something -- Counsel for the class should immediately propound discovery on Prosper asking for a complete explanation of why it shut down again.  Clearly that is relevant to the class action claims of securities violations, and I bet that Prosper would have to admit under oath something very different than its absurd statement about the "lender outcry."   :ninja:  Unfortunately, it appears that counsel for the class is doing a pretty half-assed job so far.   :(
Unfortunately, it appears that counsel for the class is doing a pretty half-assed job so far)))   maybe ya get what ya paid for.....

We will all be paying -- if there is any recovery, the lawyers will most likely get a big chunk of it.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Navy-slush-fund

• Tubing on the St. Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 06:47:48 am »

We will all be paying -- if there is any recovery, the lawyers will most likely get a big chunk of it.

yes, this stuff is probably a reliable source of revenue for the profession....

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »

yes, this stuff is probably a reliable source of revenue for the profession....

And if they do good work, then it is well earned.  But in this case, it doesn't appear promising -- so far at least.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:42 pm »

It was surprising and perhaps even a bit disappointing that you, with your unique and valuable perspective, did not want to take a more active approach with the case.  As far as I know, it's the only active effort underway. Not sure that we will have a better opportunity to put Prosper and their shenanigans in front of a judge.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 02:38:40 pm »

Participated in P2P through Prosper 1.0- 1.x.

Didn't even get a Tshirt.

I got a T-Shirt!  :P

cool, finally something to wash the car with!   :ninja:

I usually vote WGAF but this poll is too important not to vote no...

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 02:41:25 pm »

Has anyone contacted California's Commissioner of Corporations Preston DuFauchard regarding his glowing review of Prosper.com (http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/28/technology/hempel_prosper.fortune/?postversion=2009042811)? I nearly vomited when he is quoted as saying Prosper is an example of, "the kinds of innovative ideas that can help get credit in the hands of people who need it while instilling in our financial markets desperately needed openness and transparency."

no I haven't, but he sounds like a real winner (translation: total fucking asshole) 

cowdog

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 03:28:54 pm »

Has anyone contacted California's Commissioner of Corporations Preston DuFauchard regarding his glowing review of Prosper.com (http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/28/technology/hempel_prosper.fortune/?postversion=2009042811)? I nearly vomited when he is quoted as saying Prosper is an example of, "the kinds of innovative ideas that can help get credit in the hands of people who need it while instilling in our financial markets desperately needed openness and transparency."

no I haven't, but he sounds like a real winner (translation: total fucking asshole) 

He attended...  "Stanford University, where he obtained his B.A. in 1979."

http://www.corp.ca.gov/about/commissioner.asp

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 03:33:59 pm »

good for him.  I once dated a chick that went there.  good riddance   ;D

artjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 03:47:14 pm »

good for him.  I once dated a chick that went there.  good riddance   ;D

Now ignored.

For your edification, CL, the witchel and others have Stanford in common. It isn't a coincidence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up