Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Site Down  (Read 58321 times)

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Prosper Site Down
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 11:59:11 am »

*"In the unlikely event that we receive payments on the corresponding borrower loans relating to your Notes after the final maturity date, you will not receive payments on your Notes after maturity."

WTF does this mean?  ...

It means that Prosper is disincentivised from performing any collections until after the note matures whereupon Prosper retains those post-maturity payments.

ETA: 2-cents. ;)

That's outrageous, but no longer surprising.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 11:59:54 am »

*"In the unlikely event that we receive payments on the corresponding borrower loans relating to your Notes after the final maturity date, you will not receive payments on your Notes after maturity."

WTF does this mean?  What is the final maturity date?  Knowing how Prosper does things, it is probably 3 years after the loan originates.  That would mean that if the borrower pays the final payment one day late, Prosper, not the lenders, would get the money.  :o  

That's what it looks like to me.  Outrageous, isn't it??

ETA:  Good thing this thread is in the lobby.  It should be required reading for all potential lenders.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Shenandoah

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:06 pm »

WTF does this mean?  What is the final maturity date?  Knowing how Prosper does things, it is probably 3 years after the loan originates.  That would mean that if the borrower pays the final payment one day late, Prosper, not the lenders, would get the money.  :o 

I do believe that 3 years after the loan originates would be the correct definition of "maturity date."
I do not like what that implies, though.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

no-whammies

• I'm not your buddy, guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:30 pm »

This would apply to originations after October 2008, yes?

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 12:01:43 pm »

WTF does this mean?  ...

It means that Prosper is disincentivised from performing any collections until after the note matures whereupon Prosper retains those post-maturity payments.

who receives the payments? are they contractually obligated to forward them to the debt buyers? (assuming the notes were sold)
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02:09 pm »

Unless Prosper declares these changes are retroactive, which they've done before.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 12:06:21 pm »

Or to originations after 7/10/09, depending on whether that language was in the legal agreements when prosper briefly reopened. 

Of course, we know that Prosper has violated the legal agreements in other ways, including the most recently exposed theft from lenders -- where Prosper admitted to reducing principal on existing loans despite the express prohibition on Prosper's doing that in the then-operative contracts between Prosper and the lenders.  http://www.prospers.org/forum/prosper_files_another_s1a_june_1_2009_and_again_june_26-t13926.0.html;msg251297#msg251297
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 12:13:31 pm »

wow, just wow.  most unexpected.  even by me (who never expected the Prosper / SEC stuff to drag out forever).

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 12:13:55 pm »

WTF does this mean?  ...

who receives the payments? are they contractually obligated to forward them to the debt buyers? (assuming the notes were sold)

I don't think that selling to a JDB can be assumed:
We may, in our sole discretion and subject to our servicing standard, refer a borrower loan to a collection agency at any time, or elect to initiate legal action to collect a borrower loan or sell a borrower loan to a third party debt buyer at any time.

So as long as they act in "accordance with industry standards customary for servicing loans" - a phrase which I think is open to a wide range of interpretation - it's all up to Prosper's "discretion".

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 12:22:53 pm »

What is the final maturity date?

Answer:
Prosper Borrower Notes currently have a term of three years, but Prosper anticipates in the near future extending available maturity dates to between three months to seven years.  If there are amounts owing to Prosper in respect of the corresponding borrower loan at the initial maturity of a Note, the term of the Note will be automatically extended by one year, which we refer to as the “final maturity,” to allow the Note holder to receive any payments that we receive on the corresponding borrower loan after the maturity of the corresponding borrower loan.  However, because we may, in our sole discretion and subject to our servicing standard, amend, modify, sell to a third-party debt purchaser or charge off the borrower loan at any time after the 31st day of its delinquency, and we generally will charge off a loan after it becomes more than 120 days past due, such borrower loan may never reach the final maturity date.  Following the final maturity of a Note, the holder of that Note will have no right to receive any further payments from Prosper even if the borrower under the corresponding borrower loan, or a bankruptcy trustee, subsequently remits payments to Prosper or the servicer of the borrower loan.

Separately, as I read it, a charged-off note never reaches final maturity.  So I think that means note holders ("lenders") would still receive their share of any post charge-off payments.
ETA: well, unless the loan has been sold - in which case it's just gone.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 01:29:22 pm »

Not unless you accidentally agreed to one of the FuTOS agreements to access your money.
Lobby permission granted

no-whammies

• I'm not your buddy, guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 04:15:13 pm »

Not unless you accidentally agreed to one of the FuTOS agreements to access your money.

How do you check for this?

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 04:32:02 pm »

I don't know.  I guess you would have to contact their customer service representatives & ask which is the last agreement they claim you agreed to & the text it contained.
Lobby permission granted

mtnchickatstore

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 04:35:09 pm »

I don't know.  I guess you would have to contact their customer service representatives & ask which is the last agreement they claim you agreed to & the text it contained.

When they "accidentally" upped the minimum transfer out for GA to $25 they also added a link to a new agreement. I didn't agree to it. I think the CA people were presented with that option too. I suspect they are taking advantage of the people who aren't reading everything

dotk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 07:29:56 pm »

I just tried logging in.....
The site will be down 7/12 & 7/13

Think this is the beginning of a new phase?
Site is now back up. And it looks like they are ready to welcome back lenders.

http://blog.prosper.com/2009/07/13/welcome-back-lenders/

Not available in Oregon
Unfortunately, at this time lenders in Oregon are not able to bid or transfer money to Prosper. If you have portfolio plans, they have been paused. You may transfer money out of your Prosper account as they become available from loan payments.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up