Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bankruptcies charged off over night  (Read 6668 times)

Beerbud1

Bankruptcies charged off over night
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:51 am »

I have seven bankruptcies that have been sitting in 4+ months late "status" for several months.

All were charged off over night. The format the way the information reads was changed as well.

Oak_Hill_Fire

• View Profile
Re: Bankruptcies charged off over night
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:48:18 am »

One of my 2 Chapter 13's was also charged off. Never rec'd a penny after BK filed.
It would be easier to teach a chicken to tap dance than it would be to teach PROSPER common sense.

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:02:40 am »

I also had a Ch 13 charged off last night.

In the past, I thought BK's weren't charged off until they were discharged, but this one is charged off with the text "BK filed."

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 08:09:59 am »

Odd, I have a loan that says "discharged in BK" but is only showing "late" instead of "charged-off" and still has a principal amount showing (despite the websites insistence that my loan balance has been reduced to zero).

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:14:03 am »

My $800+ remaining BK-13 with a $0 repayment plan was moved to Charge-Off.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:54:28 am »

Odd, I have a loan that says "discharged in BK" but is only showing "late" instead of "charged-off" and still has a principal amount showing (despite the websites insistence that my loan balance has been reduced to zero).
How late is it?
I have one loan "BK filed" that is only 2 months late. It wasn't charged off, but is still listed with other late loans. My 4+ late BKs, however, were charged off.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:56:32 am »

Strangely, they charged off Mr_Deluxe, who made a payment as recently as July 1, 2009...
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:45:26 am »

Huge number of loans were charged off on 7/31/2009.

This represents a big change in policy.  

Looks to me like they have changed the way they handle bankruptcy.  Used to be that bk loans just sat in the bk state until paid off or bk7 discharged.  Now however, starting 7/31/2009, they are moving them to chargedoff if they are >4 months late.  This of course includes people who are paying off on a bk13 plan.

I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  It should make the default stats a bit more honest, right?  Now the bk loans will show up as default after 4 months just like other deadbeats.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:47:17 am by Fred93 »

Beerbud1

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:44 am »

Nominate for Lobby.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:54:20 am »

Second

Investar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 12:14:07 pm »

I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  It should make the default stats a bit more honest, right?  Now the bk loans will show up as default after 4 months just like other deadbeats.

Hmmmmn. A sudden glitch of bad stats followed by (oh let's say) a 6 month period of improvement during which time we can extoll the virtues of our ever increasing vigilance which, as you can plainly see, has resulted in substantial reduction of risk for our lenders.

cowdog

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 01:14:42 pm »

I'm sure they are just moving them to charged off, and then Prosper will just keep any payments that roll in.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 03:15:47 pm »

Strangely, they charged off Mr_Deluxe, who made a payment as recently as July 1, 2009...

No it isn't, they have done the same to me, in fact he made a small payment in July.

The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 03:46:06 pm »

No it isn't, they have done the same to me, in fact he made a small payment in July.

Huh?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 07:37:10 pm »

Hmmmmn. A sudden glitch of bad stats followed by (oh let's say) a 6 month period of improvement during which time we can extoll the virtues of our ever increasing vigilance which, as you can plainly see, has resulted in substantial reduction of risk for our lenders.

That sound you hear is either the flushing of an engine or the flushing of a toilet - or both. :)

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up