Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How About a NAT Update?  (Read 14120 times)

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
Re: How About a NAT Update?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 08:44:05 pm »

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 09:42:55 pm »

Nominate for lobby?

Ira01, are you good with this thread moving to The Lobby?
Free! I am free from Prosper!

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 01:27:34 am »

Nominate for lobby?

Ira01, are you good with this thread moving to The Lobby?

Absolutely.  As far as I am concerned, anything and everything I say in a non-restricted board is open for public consumption.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

lenderguy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 09:28:50 am »

NA. bluster aside, since p2p lending isn't regulated, and Prosper hasn't been transparent about collections or the NAT lawsuits, I have to think that SEC involvement is better than nothing.

If Prosper had conducted itself in accordance with the original TOS, and had been transparent ("hey, we're trying, and here's what we've done") I don't think there would be the same anger and disgust there is here now.

I think people here (myself included) would have been much more forgiving of this new platform if we had the sense that we were all in this together.  Prosper, IMO, turned this into an us vs. lenders scenario.

+1.  If they actually treated us like partners in this game, they would have made a lot of friends (with money.)  Instead, they told us the written agreements they made with us aren't worth a *(&)% 'cause they can change them whenever they want.  That is *not* an organization I am comfortable doing business with.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 02:21:07 pm »

NA. bluster aside, since p2p lending isn't regulated, and Prosper hasn't been transparent about collections or the NAT lawsuits, I have to think that SEC involvement is better than nothing.

If Prosper had conducted itself in accordance with the original TOS, and had been transparent ("hey, we're trying, and here's what we've done") I don't think there would be the same anger and disgust there is here now.

I think people here (myself included) would have been much more forgiving of this new platform if we had the sense that we were all in this together.  Prosper, IMO, turned this into an us vs. lenders scenario.

+1.  If they actually treated us like partners in this game, they would have made a lot of friends (with money.)  Instead, they told us the written agreements they made with us aren't worth a *(&)% 'cause they can change them whenever they want.  That is *not* an organization I am comfortable doing business with.

+1.  Prosper used to have a good relationship with most of the lenders here, back when their own forum was a lightly moderated, useful forum for discussion.  Many of us provided tons of troubleshooting, great ideas, suggestions, and tons of customer service for free to Prosper.  But then Prosper (erroneously) decided lenders didn't matter, and started treating us like shit.  The result was obvious and perfectly foreseeable.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 02:23:26 pm »

Now that the quiet period is over, perhaps they would be so kind as to provide one of their regular NAT updates?

Good point -- maybe Yankeefan could follow up on Prosper's previous non-responsive response.

Question sent

On July 9, I asked about updates on the loans Prosper began testing Collection techniques inGebruary, 2008.  We were promised monthly accounting, but have received only a single "blog" entry about a year ago from Mr. Fuller. 

You responded that an update would be provided after the "quiet period".

Although I do not see any connection between the SEC requriements and Prosper's fulfilling its promises to customers, that is now moot, as you have emerged from said quiet period.

Do you have an expected date for an update on the collection efforts and results?

THank you

So it's now been five days -- no response received?  I see Prosper's customer service to lenders hasn't changed.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 02:24:13 pm »

One week of Prosper 3.0 (or whatever it is called) action seems to suggest pretty limited lender-appetite.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 02:26:49 pm »

One week of Prosper 3.0 (or whatever it is called) action seems to suggest pretty limited lender-appetite.

That certainly comes as no surprise.  Of course, Prosper is only open to lenders in less than a third of the states.  But even aside from that, Prosper 3.0 blows so much worse than the previous versions, that maybe lenders are finally getting wise to Prosper.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 02:28:06 pm »

Not sure if Eric is updating correctly, but compare to listing volumes across Prosper's entire history...

http://www.ericscc.com/stats/prosper-listing-volume
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 07:59:11 am »

Prosper responded that an update via the Prosper Blog would be coming soon.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 08:06:13 am »

it would be nice if they did some of these updates once in a while without needing pressure from a mobilized lender community

you're

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 07:38:35 pm »

Not sure if Eric is updating correctly, but compare to listing volumes across Prosper's entire history...

http://www.ericscc.com/stats/prosper-listing-volume
Erics hasn't updated in a few days.  I sent him an email.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 01:56:25 pm »

Prosper responded that an update via the Prosper Blog would be coming soon.

Repeated again here:

I commented:
I think that’s about the most informative blog post I’ve seen here in a good long while…

… to be surpassed, perhaps, by an update on those test lawsuits filed against 66 nonpaying borrowers 1-1/2 years ago…? Early on, a lender tried to tally the progress and came up with 1 Prosper win and 6 losses.

Prosper replied:
@NewHorizon

We will endeavor to surpass the level of informative content in the next collections related post, the last in the three part series. As you have requested, it will indeed address the results of the legal test.

They kinda make it sound like they'll post a NAT update because I alone requested it - which of course isn't true.
Anyway, stay tuned, I suppose...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up