Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account  (Read 36595 times)

Beerbud1

Re: Prosper Refuses To Release Funds In My Account
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »

File a complaint with NASAA!

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 06:40:01 pm »

Can you change your account to an address in a non-lending state?  Friend, family....?

This may be doable, if just getting the $1.78 back was the whole point.

However, I think the point is, the guy doesn't want to be bullied by a company who apparently is planning to keep the "chump change" of "800,000" members unless they agree to blackmail and sign their crackpot docs.

Prosper should have one answer and one answer only to this: "Yes sir, you may withdraw your remaining funds"

Prosper can easily "make" six or even seven digits by harassing lenders into abandoning their last <$25 amounts.

They should not be permitted to get away with this, it is criminal.  If *I* set up a scam to trick tens of thousands of people out of $1-$24 apiece, I'd be sent to prison.

Prosper.com talks big about community, empowerment, etc.  And yet, they are blackmailing people out of the money they entrusted them with?

This, to me, is the worst shit they've pulled so far.  And it's a long list now.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »

Can you change your account to an address in a non-lending state?  Friend, family....?

This may be doable, if just getting the $1.78 back was the whole point.

However, I think the point is, the guy doesn't want to be bullied by a company who apparently is planning to keep the "chump change" of "800,000" members unless they agree to blackmail and sign their crackpot docs.

Prosper should have one answer and one answer only to this: "Yes sir, you may withdraw your remaining funds"

Prosper can easily "make" six or even seven digits by harassing lenders into abandoning their last <$25 amounts.

They should not be permitted to get away with this, it is criminal.  If *I* set up a scam to trick tens of thousands of people out of $1-$24 apiece, I'd be sent to prison.

Prosper.com talks big about community, empowerment, etc.  And yet, they are blackmailing people out of the money they entrusted them with?

This, to me, is the worst shit they've pulled so far.  And it's a long list now.

+1.78
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Beerbud1

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »

What state are you in?

futuretrump

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 07:02:58 pm »

Beerbud,

I'm in CA in the Bay area.  I'm seriously considering a small claims court case, but I imagine any judge would laugh at me for wasting his or her time over $1.78.

Follow-up for all those playing along at home.....here we are 5:00pm PST and still no call from Proser as promised by their untrusty cusotmer service rep.....sigh

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 07:05:58 pm »

futuretrump, here's hoping for a quick inclusion of this thread in Google's cache!  ;)
Free! I am free from Prosper!

Beerbud1

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 07:06:12 pm »

NASAA Member Contact Information
 Preston DuFauchard, Commissioner
 Department of Corporations
 1515 K Street
 Suite 200
 Sacramento, CA 95814-4052

phone: (916) 445-7205
 www.corp.ca.gov

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 07:07:05 pm »

I'm seriously considering a small claims court case, but I imagine any judge would laugh at me for wasting his or her time over $1.78.

That's not necessarily true; it happens every day.  What sucks is you have to waste your time over $1.78

Prosper is obviously banking on you and tens of thousands of others not bothering.

ETA-- If you're in the Bay Area, it might be fun to just go over to Market St. and knock on their door and ask for your money.  Wear a wire, if you do  ;)

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 07:12:33 pm »

You mean the same Preston DuFauchard who helped Pimp Prosper during that embarassing week before the SEC smacked them back into the quiet period?

http://www.prospers.org/forum/lender_outcry-t13589.0.html;msg231300#msg231300

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/28/technology/hempel_prosper.fortune/?postversion=2009042811

So it is good news for all lending sites that California has given Prosper its blessing. Commissioner of Corporations Preston DuFauchard calls the site an example of "the kinds of innovative ideas that can help get credit in the hands of people who need it while instilling in our financial markets desperately needed openness and transparency."

We also want to thank Governor Schwarzenegger’s team, particularly Preston DuFauchard of the Department of Corporations, for embracing peer-to-peer lending as a promising new technology and alternative credit system for getting credit flowing to consumers and small businesses at the very time they need it most. California regulators have always been known as innovation leaders and they just proved it again.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Beerbud1

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 07:18:12 pm »

Urbi, all the more reason why He would contact prosper and say "Hey I pimped your site" and now I'm getting complaints that you won't give some guy his $1.78 back."

There's also the news media futuretrump. Call up a business reporter in the Bay area and tell him your story.

You might also want to  try chris@prosper.com and mention to him what your complaint is.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 07:21:00 pm »

Rep:  "Sir everyone is out of the office."
not surprising
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 07:37:31 pm »

Wait - am I understanding this right?  With a <$25 balance, you can't even close your account without signing new agreements?

"Sign this or we'll keep your money". 
That can't be legal.

Of course it isn't.  Prosper is reaching new heights of arrogance and stupidity.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 07:45:33 pm »

I'm in CA in the Bay area.  I'm seriously considering a small claims court case, but I imagine any judge would laugh at me for wasting his or her time over $1.78.

Although I believe the smallest case I've had before me as a small claims judge in Los Angeles was around $150, if this case came before me, I wouldn't laugh at you -- I would be mighty pissed at Prosper for wasting my time, your time, and for apparently trying to steal a significant amount of money when aggregated across many lenders.  I would also probably award you compensation for your time (something I almost never do), and perhaps $500 in punitive damages.  Of course, YMMV -- the judge you got might decide that $1.78 was too small to trifle with, and award you nothing.  You pay your money and you take your chances, as they say.  The filing fee is only $30, and you could have a buddy serve Prosper for free (or you can have the Sheriff do it for another $30).  If you win, you get those costs added on to your judgment.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 09:33:00 am »

Wow so what borrowers don't steal prosper dose.

The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 09:54:19 am »

The filing fee is only $30, and you could have a buddy serve Prosper for free (or you can have the Sheriff do it for another $30).  If you win, you get those costs added on to your judgment.

Or try this: get the paperwork, fill it in, then don't file, but send Prosper a copy showing that you're all prepared to file.  The idea is Prosper would take you seriously and return your money to you without the cost of filing/serving.  I've heard that this strategy can work in small claims cases.  IANAL, but I would suggest that you don't bluff about this.  But rather, if you do this, be prepared to really file if Prosper doesn't do anything within, say, 15 days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up