Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF & a favor please  (Read 10838 times)

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
Re: WTF & a favor please
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 11:05:36 am »

Just talked to EVAN at Prosper. Total dumbass.

He has info but can't tell me.

I said "I understand.It's not like it's my $1000 or anything" He totally missed the sarcasm.

I said "thank you very much,you have been zero help,have a nice day".

:D

I can only hope they record all their calls so each and every one can be reviewed.  I won't get my hopes up but can say that's priceless.  it sounds like me (lately).  I have no time for unhelpful customer service.  if I called (which I rarely, RARELY do), you better be able to help me.  and have a good attitude about doing so, or else I'm going to be convinced you have no intention of helping me and get angry much faster.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 03:47:59 pm »

floating the money with some virtual "in the mail" lag to fund their operations?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Weequay2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »

floating the money with some virtual "in the mail" lag to fund their operations?

shoot, that's what I'd do....

....that and not piss off my bread and butter lenders

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 08:31:47 am »

Now 2 months late.

http://www.ericscc.com/listings/197983

Has there been any pulls?

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 12:08:54 am »

I have a similar situation and sent a support message on it:
Automatic monthly bank account debiting of loan payments is an option provided to borrowers to allow them easy, no hassle payments and to encourage on-time payments to lenders. Legally we are obligated to cease automatic debiting if requested by the borrower or if a borrower files for bankruptcy.

So if it doesn't say "BK Filed" and there are no pulls, then the implication is that the borrower has requested the automatic debits to cease.

But Prosper won't explicitly confirm or deny it, so how can we know that Prosper is doing its job?
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 08:32:52 am »

But Prosper won't explicitly confirm or deny it, so how can we know that Prosper is doing its job?

Why do you guys keep asking the unanswerable?   ;)

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 03:49:16 pm »

How about posting a 0.00 payment with the notation: "Automatic payments discontinued at borrower's request"?

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 03:56:56 pm »

I have a similar situation and sent a support message on it:
Automatic monthly bank account debiting of loan payments is an option provided to borrowers to allow them easy, no hassle payments and to encourage on-time payments to lenders. Legally we are obligated to cease automatic debiting if requested by the borrower or if a borrower files for bankruptcy.

So if it doesn't say "BK Filed" and there are no pulls, then the implication is that the borrower has requested the automatic debits to cease.

oh, the borrower requested the automatic debits to cease, you see.   so as far as they're concerned, they did their job.   :ninja:

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 05:47:01 pm »

How about posting a 0.00 payment with the notation: "Automatic payments discontinued at borrower's request"?

+1

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 02:09:38 am »

I have a few like this. At least we know what happened with the loans/notes with failed payments. These with no failed payments or BK's leave us wondering. I have actually wondered if the Prosper computers have a glitch, and these loans just dropped from the system. Makes you wonder...  ???

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 06:47:59 am »

I have a few like this. At least we know what happened with the loans/notes with failed payments. These with no failed payments or BK's leave us wondering. I have actually wondered if the Prosper computers have a glitch, and these loans just dropped from the system. Makes you wonder...  ???

Unfortunately IMHO lack of information has been the norm, not the exception.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 03:27:24 am »

I now have an AA which has made 30 automatic payments, and now is >15 days late and no automatic payment was attempted in November.

If I were Prosper (and were evil) and wanted to trick newbie lenders into thinking collections had teeth, I would "forget" to do the automatic pulls on some solid loans, then ship them over to collections.  Amsher contacts them and "What?! I have automatic payments!  They didn't....oh, they didn't.  OK, what's the address and the amount I need to write the check for?" and then the account gets brought current.

Future blog post: ### late loans were brought current last month, compared with only # last month.  See, we're doing something about collections.

Doesn't cost Prosper anything.  Amsher's happy--they get 17% of what should have been a routine automatic payment.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 05:09:50 am »

I now have an AA which has made 30 automatic payments, and now is >15 days late and no automatic payment was attempted in November.

If I were Prosper (and were evil) and wanted to trick newbie lenders into thinking collections had teeth, I would "forget" to do the automatic pulls on some solid loans, then ship them over to collections.  Amsher contacts them and "What?! I have automatic payments!  They didn't....oh, they didn't.  OK, what's the address and the amount I need to write the check for?" and then the account gets brought current.

Future blog post: ### late loans were brought current last month, compared with only # last month.  See, we're doing something about collections.

Doesn't cost Prosper anything.  Amsher's happy--they get 17% of what should have been a routine automatic payment.
What are you smoking?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up