Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Got banned  (Read 31435 times)

xraider

• View Profile
Got banned
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:16:21 pm »

I emailed MsTabby's lawyer deadbeat, and today I received this from Prosper:

Dear [xraider],

It has come to our attention via a borrower that you have been sending harassing e-mails.  Upon review of your account we have discovered 5 such e-mails in the last two weeks that we deem to be harassing and/or insulting to the borrower.  These are clear violations of Prospers policies and procedures as agreed to when you became a member.
http://www.prosper.com/policies/everyone-contacting_members.aspx
http://www.prosper.com/policies/lenders-collections.aspx

As a result we are suspending your account effective immediately for 60 days.  Continued violation of Prosper’s policies will result in the termination of your Prosper account.  Going forward please make sure to abide by the policies set by Prosper. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Prosper Customer Support

My response:

Dear Mr. Morris:

Please note that when I started lending, the only ban on contacting borrowers was to try to collect payment.  I did not contact any of my late or defaulted borrowers, and did not do anything to seek to collect on bad debt.

I did NOT agree to changes in the terms of service made in November, 2007 and after, including those to which you cite.  I advised Prosper of my intent NOT to abide by those changes in the terms of service, and that I would only be governed by the terms of service in effect when I started lending.  I specifically did NOT agree that I would not contact borrowers, and did NOT agree that I would not contact the collection agencies.

I advised Prosper, at the time, that I would no longer lend, and gave Prosper the option of permitting me to continue to participate under the terms of service in effect when I made my loans or Prosper could buy me out.  Prosper declined to do that.  Of course, Prosper has also declined to abide by the terms of service with respect to selling delinquent loans to junk debt buyers and declined to follow through on the "new agency test" loans. 

I demand that you lift the suspension immediately, since I did not violate the terms of service TO WHICH I AGREED (i.e., those in force at the time I started my association with your company).  In the alternative, again, Prosper may buy me out.

Finally, please remember that if Prosper had any effective collections at all, there would be no need for lenders to communicate with deadbeat borrowers, because Prosper would be taking care of that for us.  Your unhappy lenders would appreciate an update as to why collections are so poor, and why you seem so much more interested in protecting these deadbeats than in collecting from them.

Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
Re: Got banned
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »

::applause::

Flex those lawyer muscles!

And if they *did* terminate your account--so what? You should keep sending mail to the deadbeats.  ;)

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:23:49 pm »

Never piss off a lawyer.  ;D
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 03:27:59 pm »

How can they justify sticking to PARTS of a TOS while completely ignoring other parts of a TOS...especially after inserting numerous unilateral and "retroactive" changes to said TOS?

It boggles the mind. 

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 03:30:07 pm »

Nora, sadly, since I'm suspended, I can't contact my deadbeats.  ("Sorry.  Only active members may send messages.")  Sniff, sniff, they'll miss me, I'm sure.

I think it's hysterically funny that deadbeat NY lawyer dude (Ms. Tabby's deadbeat) complained about me because I questioned his ethics.  Obviously, he has none.

Urbi, it gave me a chance to needle Prosper again.  Nothing will change, but I did get some satisfaction of needling them.

I swear, if I had any real money at risk here I would sue them for fraud and punitive damages.

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »

You didn't even say anything "bad" to him  :-\
I found his PII and was going to send him something really nasty........

Maybe a phone call instead.......

Edited to delete PII

According to the dates of employment...his whole story about the job at the BIG NYC law firm was a lie
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:18:30 pm by MsTabbyKats »

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 03:38:34 pm »

Nora, sadly, since I'm suspended, I can't contact my deadbeats.  ("Sorry.  Only active members may send messages.")  Sniff, sniff, they'll miss me, I'm sure.

I think it's hysterically funny that deadbeat NY lawyer dude (Ms. Tabby's deadbeat) complained about me because I questioned his ethics.  Obviously, he has none.

Urbi, it gave me a chance to needle Prosper again.  Nothing will change, but I did get some satisfaction of needling them.

I swear, if I had any real money at risk here I would sue them for fraud and punitive damages.

So the deadbeat contacts Prosper to complain, but they can't find him to collect the money?  

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 03:42:27 pm »

You didn't even say anything "bad" to him  :-\
I found his PII and was going to send him something really nasty........

Maybe a phone call instead.......

pii deleted

According to the dates of employment...his whole story about the job at the BIG NYC law firm was a lie

I would guess that "fall and spring intern" means he failed the bar twice, and was told to leave.  We have the same policy - you get 2 tries to pass the bar and if you can't in two, you have to go.

Since it seemed from his description that he was an egotistical jerk, I figured that questioning his ethics would push his buttons.  Now that I see that he may not have passed the bar (so never received the associate salary) I may have pushed his buttons a little too hard.  Doesn't bother me one bit, though, and I stand 1000% behind what I told Prosper.... if they had effective collections, we wouldn't need to contact these deadbeats.

And Yankee, lol.  If I get a response from Prosper I'll email them again and make that point.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:22:49 pm by xraider »

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

So the deadbeat contacts Prosper to complain, but they can't find him to collect the money?  

It does take some balls for a deadbeat to contact Prosper to complain about being challenged for being a deadbeat.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 03:48:27 pm »

Lobby so this can be linked on Facebook
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 03:48:57 pm »

OK with me.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 03:49:35 pm »

I just can't decide who's the bigger sleazebag, Prosper or the deadbeat lawyer.  ;D

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 03:52:03 pm »

Never piss off a lawyer.  ;D

Was getting ready to post the same thing ;)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 03:55:10 pm »

It's also interesting that Prosper found it necessary to go back and read and cite other emails sent to people who did NOT complain (I really doubt all of them complained).

Sincerely,

Prosper Customer Borrower Support

Fixed
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 03:58:36 pm »

Prosper Customer Borrower Deadbeat Support

Fixed
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up