Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred93 blog - Prosper.com - no more stats  (Read 12916 times)

Beerbud1

Re: Fred93 blog - Prosper.com - no more stats
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 11:47:30 am »

I bet that Prosper will ultimately tell us that historical returns are NOT relevant in light of 3.0, then 4.0, then ??

Oh, Stop being sooo cynical.... ;D

babelphish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 12:16:25 pm »

What was broken so badly about the existing loan processing software that it had to be replaced completely?  Why not do a slow rollout?

And even if loan performance data does come back, it's obviously not a high priority because they made this apparently breaking change without making sure it was still there. 

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:11 am »

I bet that Prosper will ultimately tell us that historical returns are NOT relevant in light of 3.0, then 4.0, then ??

You actually think they'll bother to tell us?
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Investar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 12:33:30 pm »

What was broken so badly about the existing loan processing software that it had to be replaced completely?  Why not do a slow rollout?

Perhaps because Prosper filed a Post Effective Registration Statement with the SEC in mid-April and it has been made effective (approved). It contains a revised prospectus and this wording about loans: "Prosper anticipates in the near future extending available loan terms to between three months to seven years." Preparation to roll out a more complex array of loan products no doubt created an urgency to implement the new loan servicing platform. The urgency may have heightened when they saw LendingClub was offering 60 month notes.

The statement also makes it is reasonable to conclude the big platform update also put revised listing creation and display screens into place that are waiting for us in the background. Did you notice? Right after the 'lights came back on' a 14 day listing appeared and ran its course. There was only one. Apparently the wrong input screen was available momentarily. That glitch leads one to suspect borrowers may be given a choice on run-time for their listing as well as duration of the loan.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 12:48:18 pm »

It's good to see Prosper's decisive leadership in the marketplace.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

SCI

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »

I agree that it sucks that the page is down, and that 3rd party stat sites can't update, but, short of
hiring a plane to do some sky-writing, I'm not sure what else Prosper can do to reassure it will return.

Nothing now, but if they would still have some credibility then they wouldn't need anything else...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:23:31 pm by SCI »

"A man is someone who rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, and expects a greater reward."

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 02:17:35 pm »

One strange thing I've noticed, it may or may not be related.

I download the daily differential data once per week. The public data includes loan origination data but not loan performance data. The loan perf data is in the private download and that's been gone since the big maintenance weekend. Anyways, since the big weekend I've noticed a different set of loans in the daily diff data every week, I think normally it included loans originated during the last week. The first week after maintenance it included all 30,000+ loans and I thought 'awesome I don't have to download the 550mb file to get that data'. Then one week it just included the loans from the previous week. Another week it included around 10,000 loans starting from july in 2007 (but it wasn't all loans since then) I thought they might be trying to filter out loans that wouldn't have been approved in the 3.0 era. The latest download has around 3,000 loans, I'm not even gonna try to think of an explanation for that number.

If nothing else this is evidence that they are continuing to reorganizing something in their db. If the loan perf data comes back I think they will have eliminated a lot of loans from that db and maybe it's taking so long because they can't decide which ones to eliminate.

Thanks for the blog Fred. The best way to get them to bring the loan perf data back is to publicize it's absence.

SCI

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »

I would think that they would be attempting to convert all the 1.0 and 2.0 loans to the 3.0 ratings...ultimately it could make their AA and A ratings "appear" better performing...because loans that were AAs and As would be downgraded to other grades...

"A man is someone who rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, and expects a greater reward."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 08:59:23 pm »

How long can this possibly take?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:08 pm »

How long can this possibly take?

How long is a piece of string?
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 01:14:54 am »

Did you notice? Right after the 'lights came back on' a 14 day listing appeared and ran its course.

I thought I saw 2?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 07:04:41 pm »

June came and went...still no stats.

This is what Prosper posted on their blog on May 27, 2010
http://blog.prosper.com/2010/05/27/loan-servicing-platform-update-ii/
We are making every effort to bring the detailed loan performance data on our marketplace performance page back online next week.
(emphasis is mine)

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »

They'll repeat the blog entry and change the date.   :ninja:
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »

I find it strange that the aggregated data is fine, but the detailed data is not.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

JGuide

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 06:07:47 pm »

I understand this is all fixed now?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up