Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Got banned  (Read 31403 times)

NewHorizon

• View Profile
Re: Got banned
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 10:52:54 pm »

I'm not following why we're made to sign new docs (if we want to continue to lend) when, according to their reasoning, they can implement new rules simply by changing the web site?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »

I'm not following why we're made to sign new docs (if we want to continue to lend) when, according to their reasoning, they can implement new rules simply by changing the web site?

That's certainly an interesting point.  Perhaps Xraider should ask about that... 
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 12:05:35 am »

Simply stated, that is not enforceable.  There's no meeting of the minds. Otherwise, there would be no certainty.  Can you imagine if one party really could change the terms of a contract at will, particularly the way people typically don't even read contracts?

Prosper doesn't believe it's enforceable either; otherwise, back in 2007 when I protested the addition of the xraider clause and the retroactive sekrit changes, they wouldn't have sent the redlined agreement out.  And, they wouldn't require e-signature of the new terms and conditions now as a condition of continued lending.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 01:22:52 am »

Simply stated, that is not enforceable.  There's no meeting of the minds. Otherwise, there would be no certainty.  Can you imagine if one party really could change the terms of a contract at will, particularly the way people typically don't even read contracts?

I'm not so sure that's true, at least with respect to what we are talking about here.  Certainly Prosper can't make enforceable retroactive changes to the Notes and such, which is why their failure to sell defaults to JDBs is a breach of contract.  The reason being that once a loan was made, it was a completed transaction, subject to the rules then in effect.  But it isn't obvious to me that Prosper can't change their rules about using their PM system, for example, and expect anyone choosing to subsequently use the PM system to abide by those new rules.  Under that theory, using the PM system would constitute implied acceptance of the then-current rules.  And IIRC, Prosper does make reference (with a link, I believe) to their PM policies when you go to send a PM.  In my mind, that makes Prosper's position on this even stronger.

Not that it matters anyway.  When Prosper banned me, I sent a lengthy explanation of exactly why my conduct violated none of Prosper's rules in effect at that time, and also demanded that Prosper rescind my ban or buy me out.  And Prosper couldn't have cared less.  It counts on the fact that most of us have so little (relatively speaking) invested, that it isn't worth our while to sue Prosper, even though we would have a very strong case.  Of course, that calculation almost turned out to be wrong once, which would have taught Prosper a thing or two.  But, Prosper "got lucky" with the SEC cease and desist, followed by the class action, coming at just the "right" time.   :ninja:
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

christoofar215

• YO. LIKE MY FRO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 05:47:41 am »

I haven't seen a picture of this "lawyer", who's really not a lawyer but just a plain deadbeat, but I get a feeling that this guy is not far off from the defense atty in My Cousin Vinnie.

Great movie, BTW.

You didn't even say anything "bad" to him  :-\
I found his PII and was going to send him something really nasty........

Maybe a phone call instead.......

pii deleted

According to the dates of employment...his whole story about the job at the BIG NYC law firm was a lie

I would guess that "fall and spring intern" means he failed the bar twice, and was told to leave.  We have the same policy - you get 2 tries to pass the bar and if you can't in two, you have to go.

Since it seemed from his description that he was an egotistical jerk, I figured that questioning his ethics would push his buttons.  Now that I see that he may not have passed the bar (so never received the associate salary) I may have pushed his buttons a little too hard.  Doesn't bother me one bit, though, and I stand 1000% behind what I told Prosper.... if they had effective collections, we wouldn't need to contact these deadbeats.

And Yankee, lol.  If I get a response from Prosper I'll email them again and make that point.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 07:15:50 am »

I'm not so sure that's true, at least with respect to what we are talking about here.  Certainly Prosper can't make enforceable retroactive changes to the Notes and such, which is why their failure to sell defaults to JDBs is a breach of contract.  The reason being that once a loan was made, it was a completed transaction, subject to the rules then in effect.  But it isn't obvious to me that Prosper can't change their rules about using their PM system, for example, and expect anyone choosing to subsequently use the PM system to abide by those new rules.  Under that theory, using the PM system would constitute implied acceptance of the then-current rules.  And IIRC, Prosper does make reference (with a link, I believe) to their PM policies when you go to send a PM.  In my mind, that makes Prosper's position on this even stronger.

Not that it matters anyway.  When Prosper banned me, I sent a lengthy explanation of exactly why my conduct violated none of Prosper's rules in effect at that time, and also demanded that Prosper rescind my ban or buy me out.  And Prosper couldn't have cared less.  It counts on the fact that most of us have so little (relatively speaking) invested, that it isn't worth our while to sue Prosper, even though we would have a very strong case.  Of course, that calculation almost turned out to be wrong once, which would have taught Prosper a thing or two.  But, Prosper "got lucky" with the SEC cease and desist, followed by the class action, coming at just the "right" time.   :ninja:

Ira, keep in mind I wasn't only banned from the PM system....

Beerbud1

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 07:20:21 am »

Xraider, Congratulations on your banning. We will be having a Beer(champagne) toast at 6pm pacific time in your honor. All new Inductees to the "Suspension club" receive this honor. Please everyone raise your glass and toast in honor of Xraider at 6 pm Pacific Time.  ;D ;D ;D

Edit. to change to Beer as it's only 60 days.
PS. Put the champagne away folks, its only for 60 days Beer for this one... ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:43:36 am by Beerbud1 »

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21:01 am »

only 60 Days. She's not in the big leagues yet.

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 07:33:33 am »

It's tempting to send this same deadbeat a PM the minute I get reinstated.   :ninja:

In all seriousness, I'm glad this is in the lobby so those curious about Prosper can see for themselves that Prosper is more interested in suspending lenders who are critical of deadbeat borrowers than in protecting lenders' money.  I find it ironic that Prosper only responded to my complaint about my suspension, utterly ignoring my comments regarding their inadequate collections and poor lender communication.   

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 07:37:10 am »

Im kind of surprised they responded, and responded with a personal e-mail instead of one of their stock replies.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 07:48:33 am »

I'm still finding it interesting they are using emails you sent that NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT as part of their reasoning for banning you.

"Mtn, you got a ticket for speeding. We went and pulled traffic tapes and saw you were speeding 4 other times. So we're treating you as if you got 5 speeding tickets".

Not to mention I don't see what rule you broke.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 07:54:21 am »

the most honest suspension was urbi .. no emails, no communication whatsoever.

my interpretation: "we're suspending you because we can and we dont like something about you. we're not going to bother with trying to come up with a reason this time"

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 07:59:16 am »

Im kind of surprised they responded, and responded with a personal e-mail instead of one of their stock replies.

I'm special.   :ninja:

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 08:02:30 am »

I'm still finding it interesting they are using emails you sent that NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT as part of their reasoning for banning you.

"Mtn, you got a ticket for speeding. We went and pulled traffic tapes and saw you were speeding 4 other times. So we're treating you as if you got 5 speeding tickets".

Not to mention I don't see what rule you broke.

MtnChick, I didn't break any rule... but that has never mattered to Prosper before.  Prosper has always been arbitrary in enforcing its TOS and contracts, and in ignoring or retroactively changing the portions it doesn't want to enforce.  (Contractual obligation to sell defaulted loans to junk debt buyers?  What's that?  Telling borrowers in the 2006 TOS that they can only have one Prosper loan at a time, then changing that in the November 2007 TOS despite protests from lenders?  So what?)

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 08:16:14 am »

There is so much PII on this guy...it's disgusting

On 1/6 he have a lecture called "Structing (his spelling...not mine) your credit to become a millionaire"

It seems that his specialty is advising people on credit issues.......

Not expecting a penny out of him.....it might be time for me to have some fun!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up