Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Article: You Are Unlikely to Prosper  (Read 133059 times)

ira01

• View Profile
Re: Article: You Are Unlikely to Prosper
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2010, 01:52:30 pm »

Posted 25 minutes ago:
Prosper.com Refutes @TheBigMoney story by @markgimein and Requests Retraction http://bit.ly/8az3Pv @ProsperLoans #p2plending
http://twitter.com/chrisprosper

(Where "chrisprosper" is CEO Chris Larsen.)

Are they really this stupid?  Why draw attention to an article that rips your company to shreds (and is accurate)??  All the better for lenders who were looking at investing.  Now they know the real truth, not the 6 to 14% Prosper is *still* promoting.

People who aren't familiar with Prosper's lies and spin may believe its "refute" -- or at least may believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, rather than 100% on the side of the Big Money piece as we know.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2010, 01:53:29 pm »

Are they really this stupid?  Why draw attention to an article that rips your company to shreds (and is accurate)?? 

They put his picture at the top of the article with a caption "don't borrow from this man".  Would be very difficult for CL not to take that personally.  His reaction is emotional, not logical.

I suspect any real news outlet is used to receiving angry letters from folks they've written negative articles about, or the lawyers attached thereto.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2010, 01:57:21 pm »

Posted 25 minutes ago:
Prosper.com Refutes @TheBigMoney story by @markgimein and Requests Retraction http://bit.ly/8az3Pv @ProsperLoans #p2plending
http://twitter.com/chrisprosper

(Where "chrisprosper" is CEO Chris Larsen.)
does that imply CL is the blog post author as well?

you're

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:16 pm »

two comments poste don the Prosper blog

Justmee | January 20th, 2010 at 8:34 am

I have been a lender since 2006. It has been a learning experience. I would not have traded this experience for any other investment platform. I learned about my credit, other people’s credit and how to adapt to a changing financial environment. I lost some money in the stock market during the economic downturn…I am happy to say that I made money in Prosper during the same period of time. Best of all, I feel that I am part of a community of like-minded individuals. I have no doubt that Prosper’s future data will prove Mr. Mark Gimein wrong. The worse of the unexpected largest recession (unexpected being the key here) is behind us and the lenders have learned and mature with the market!!!! I know that I am a much WISER investor than in 2006. No doubt there are plenty of other lenders out there that feel the same way.

Brandon | January 20th, 2010 at 9:30 am

To convince me that it’s worth lending on this site again, I need to see Prosper put their money where their mouth is and take a 10% stake in every loan created. Otherwise we have another example of what went wrong with the housing bubble: brokers pushing to close deals without any fear of losing money because they collect their fees and push the risk off to the market. Lenders would do much better to invest in a CD than in Prosper.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2010, 02:05:11 pm »

I have been a lender since 2006. It has been a learning experience. I would not have traded this experience for any other investment platform. I learned about my credit, other people’s credit and how to adapt to a changing financial environment. I lost some money in the stock market during the economic downturn…I am happy to say that I made money in Prosper during the same period of time. Best of all, I feel that I am part of a community of like-minded individuals. I have no doubt that Prosper’s future data will prove Mr. Mark Gimein wrong. The worse of the unexpected largest recession (unexpected being the key here) is behind us and the lenders have learned and mature with the market!!!! I know that I am a much WISER investor than in 2006. No doubt there are plenty of other lenders out there that feel the same way.

To convince me that it’s worth lending on this site again, I need to see Prosper put their money where their mouth is and take a 10% stake in every loan created. Otherwise we have another example of what went wrong with the housing bubble: brokers pushing to close deals without any fear of losing money because they collect their fees and push the risk off to the market. Lenders would do much better to invest in a CD than in Prosper.

What a moron that first guy is.  But I'm surprised Prosper posted the second comment -- it will probably be poofed later.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2010, 02:06:15 pm »

slate is busy responding to CL's request. in case you are wondering what that will be, here is one for the last guy that asked for a retraction
http://www.thebigmoney.com/articles/judgments/2010/01/19/americas-nastiest-ceo

you're

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2010, 02:08:19 pm »

What a moron that first guy is.  But I'm surprised Prosper posted the second comment -- it will probably be poofed later.

The first one, Mee, appears to be the same person as a periodic poster on Prosper's FB page...a certifiable Kool-Aid drinker.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2010, 02:10:37 pm »

Justmee has 165 new 3.0 loans.. He's gonna get crushed..

http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/JustMee/loans?sort=11&p=All

If he ever stops bidding.He won't ever know if he keeps plowing it in.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2010, 02:11:53 pm »

Amazing...Prosper found the one lender with serious cash input and a positive return. Although, I'm real curous if he spoke out on his own or Prosper did some research (prob. on erics) and begged JustMee to speak up.

I also wish they'd attached screennames to all of their testimonials, so we can see what really happened. But, Prosper only cries foul when others use "anonymity" to further their argument, they can't be bothered to share.

ETA: Had to correctly spell "anonymity". Glad there isn't a speech function here, I still can't say it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:27:40 pm by TotoMMB »

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2010, 02:24:17 pm »

We have a LOT of guests reading here today...

Hello Guests & welcome.  Glad to have you visit.  There's a lot more information available to you when you register as a member of this forum.

If you are interested in Prosper and peer-to-peer lending, Prospers.org is the only meaningful place left to do so.

Hope you stick around!

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »

Justmee has 165 new 3.0 loans.. He's gonna get crushed..

http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/JustMee/loans?sort=11&p=All

If he ever stops bidding.He won't ever know if he keeps plowing it in.

Also looks like s/he pumped and dumped a couple of loans - and oddly went for a 3rd themselves to "pay off" the 2nd but even though it funded at a lower rate, they withdrew it.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2010, 03:22:36 pm »

Now that Prosper has added their "refute" to the article, I am not sure I understand why Prosper continues to want to delete references to the article itself.

Certainly not a way to embrace transparency.

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »

We have a LOT of guests reading here today...

Hello Guests & welcome.  Glad to have you visit.  There's a lot more information available to you when you register as a member of this forum.

If you are interested in Prosper and peer-to-peer lending, Prospers.org is the only meaningful place left to do so.

Hope you stick around!

10 new users on 1/19/10, the day the after the article appeared.  Normally we get 1-3 a day.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »

Tiffany spreads the word.
http://twitter.com/tiffanykfox

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »

Tiffany spreads the word.
http://twitter.com/tiffanykfox

Those are all people who have tweeted to Prosper or mentioned that article.  We can contact those lenders & invite them here.  Prosper cannot stop us.
Lobby permission granted
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up