Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Article: You Are Unlikely to Prosper  (Read 132706 times)

NewHorizon

• View Profile
Re: Article: You Are Unlikely to Prosper
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2010, 04:41:19 pm »

Bama's kinda committing comment-icide over there.
Most here prolly don't really care if Sacher shuts down the comments.
But I'm thinking about others who might come along later and want to say something.

Once i realized Tiff wasn't gonna respond IDGAF..

NH, i posted a legit question that got glossed over & she dumped you to email.

I can see clearly your IDGAF.  But it's possibly at the expense of others who have yet to read and wish to comment.  Not seeing a need to take it out on them.

As far as dumping to Email, she replied quickly.  Didn't really say anything earth-shattering.  I'll post a synopsis later whenever our back-and-forth comes to an end - if it hasn't already.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »

It came to an end when you got blew off to email & me & p11 got skipped over.. She's smart enough not to engage on collections,fraud or lenders losing money.

Email is secret.She will probably play with you there but i'm shooting for the more exposure approach before comments get closed.

ETA: This Sacha is just some Canadian guy anyway..I'm suprised Tiff even found him.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »

Rather than go back-and-forth with an individual lender via email, wouldn't it be much more efficient for Prosper to share whatever they have to say via a public post on their web site?

Seems rather childish to go offline with ONE person.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »

Rather than go back-and-forth with an individual lender via email, wouldn't it be much more efficient for Prosper to share whatever they have to say via a public post on their web site?

And this surprises you? There are so many times most employees and owners of Prosper have acted like a little rebellious child. I still say Andrew was one of the few sane people there. Them blocking X's business email is another example of this just for today only.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2010, 05:57:58 pm »

Not surprised...posting for the benefit of newbies and potential investors reading this thread - or anyone else stumbling onto this trainwreck courtesy of Google.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2010, 06:14:53 pm »

+1 about public discussions.  But for now, this is apparently all we got.

It came to an end when you got blew off to email & me & p11 got skipped over..

I totally get your reaction.  But if Sacher closes down the comments and then somebody comes along with something to say that's at least as useful than what's been posted so far (small chance, but still...) - but they can't - then we all lose, imho.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:17:59 pm by NewHorizon »

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:09 pm »

I totally get your reaction.  But if Sacher closes down the comments and then somebody comes along with something to say that's at least as useful than what's been posted so far (small chance, but still...) - but they can't - then we all lose, imho.

Comments closed. 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »

I think the blog author was basically fair and decent in how he handled the comments.

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2010, 06:51:23 pm »

Can you see my latest post. It appears it made it without waiting?

Tiffany I didn't realize I could get direct PMI employee feedback here. I tried to get Cameron & the recently departed Andrew to call me back regarding this loan I bid $1000 on that never made a payment.It's been months now.I'm beginning to worry they aren't calling back. I was assured that ALL loans that were large were automatically verified against fraud. How can a loan for $24,000 that never makes a payment be anything but fraud? Can you tell me what is being done to collect on this loan or refund me my money via you guys "supposed" 100% fraud guarantee?

http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=208191

don't worry, I'm sure it's just a glitch on their site and they'll "fix" it in no time.

as we all know by now, that seems to be the magic # for fraud.  I only wish I came to that realization before bidding.  $25,000 too obvious and desperate!   better make it 24,000 instead!    :ninja:

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2010, 06:57:03 pm »

Can you see my latest post. It appears it made it without waiting?

Tiffany I didn't realize I could get direct PMI employee feedback here. I tried to get Cameron & the recently departed Andrew to call me back regarding this loan I bid $1000 on that never made a payment.It's been months now.I'm beginning to worry they aren't calling back. I was assured that ALL loans that were large were automatically verified against fraud. How can a loan for $24,000 that never makes a payment be anything but fraud? Can you tell me what is being done to collect on this loan or refund me my money via you guys "supposed" 100% fraud guarantee?

http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=208191

don't worry, I'm sure it's just a glitch on their site and they'll "fix" it in no time.

as we all know by now, that seems to be the magic # for fraud.  I only wish I came to that realization before bidding.  $25,000 too obvious and desperate!   better make it 24,000 instead!    :ninja:

IIRC, Prosper publicly told borrowers to bid $24K instead of $25K to increase their chances of funding.   :ninja:
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 25, 2010, 07:09:28 pm »

I knew there was something clearly going on (having noticed the pattern without analyzing too much data, though much too late for my own good). 

but all I can say to that is, oh my.....

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2010, 07:20:15 pm »

The listing I mentioned was one that was called out in the .com forum as being a likely fraud.  I bid on it because Witchel was on it based on a hunch that if it was bad, Prosper would bail us out.  That is just what happened.
http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=157448
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2010, 07:29:50 pm »

Could those who submitted an unpublished comment to the retract-your-story blog entry mind PM-ing those comments to me?  I wanna try to get a handle on why Prosper didn't post 'em.

Please include the date you submitted the comment.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2010, 09:00:20 pm »

I wanna try to get a handle on why Prosper didn't post 'em.

Are you (insert foul word) joking?  Do you really think you can get something done schmoozing via email?

You are sounding like BigGulp 2.0
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »

The listing I mentioned was one that was called out in the .com forum as being a likely fraud.  I bid on it because Witchel was on it based on a hunch that if it was bad, Prosper would bail us out.  That is just what happened.

Good hunch; jwitchel is only on it for a $50 snickers!
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up