Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Aberdeen: First lender to make 1 million in loans  (Read 53220 times)

kenL

• View Profile
Re: Aberdeen: First lender to make 1 million in loans
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 01:26:37 pm »

Aberdeen is not the first person to make 1 million in loans. Unless your talking about Prosper 3.0.

Carrey79 and fred93 were there first.

Nah.  I stopped at $827,152.70

And Carrey79 didn't get to a million either.

rogerwaite

• AKA mrbalingwire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 02:54:16 pm »

Of equal importance is the who will be the first to make 1 mil post to Pro$pers.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 05:06:19 pm »

Of equal importance is the who will be the first to make 1 mil post to Pro$pers.

I would guess Mtnchick, with a long shot of Pioneer.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 06:13:34 pm »

I would guess Mtnchick, with a long shot of Pioneer.

Yeah, one of these days I'm going to be working where I'm not on the web all day. Maybe ;)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 03:33:46 pm »

A few got close, but aberdeen is the first to 1M.

http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/Aberdeen/bidding

http://lendstats.com/lendersearch.php?lender=aberdeen

24% late or defaulted . . . yet he's still bidding.  :o
Do you suppose he is washing money through Prosper? ;D
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

rogerwaite

• AKA mrbalingwire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »

Might be, given that so many of us in Prosper are being taken to the cleaners.

babelphish

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 05:46:26 pm »

When you launder money you generally have a legal business with books showing higher profits than the business actually made, with those profits actually coming from illegal sources.  Losing real, legitimate money is the opposite of money laundering.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:46 pm »

When you launder money you generally have a legal business with books showing higher profits than the business actually made, with those profits actually coming from illegal sources.  Losing real, legitimate money is the opposite of money laundering.
Agreed - that would be called flushing.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 05:28:12 pm »

Big day for Aberdeen.

http://lendstats.com/lendersearch.php?lender=aberdeen

According to lendstats.com Aberdeen now has a positive ROI, erasing the 45,000 in losses that he or she once had. Congratulations.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »

Possible...but we actually don't know that yet, since your estimate range also covers into negative territory.  I noted also that for my portfolio, which is basically all done, it still includes, percentage-wise, a very large range.  The results, as presented for me, are also not accurate.

My question then, if your estimate for a completed portfolio is inaccurate and includes a rather large spread in the estimate, how much confidence do you have in the accuracy of data presented for an active portfolio, heavily weighted towards younger loans?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 05:43:29 pm »

Ken - If you would like to take a side bet on if Aberdeen comes out positive, please PM me.  I want the negative side of the bet.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »

Possible...but we actually don't know that yet, since your estimate range also covers into negative territory.  I noted also that for my portfolio, which is basically all done, it still includes, percentage-wise, a very large range.  The results, as presented for me, are also not accurate.

My question then, if your estimate for a completed portfolio is inaccurate and includes a rather large spread in the estimate, how much confidence do you have in the accuracy of data presented for an active portfolio, heavily weighted towards younger loans?

For me the biggest source of error is when defaulted loans make payments. The data that prosper has in its database about payments of defaulted loans follows about 4 different sets of logic and writing code to decipher which set of logic the data is following is an absolute nightmare and it may be impossible to accurately determine with 100% accuracy through coding. Though I have set safeguards to make sure the recovery payments aren't widely off like they are with erics.

That said, I'm actually more confident in portfolios that are younger without many recovery payments, although their ROI will be more subject to change with time.

How far off is the lendstats estimation for your portfolio. Over? Under?

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 06:30:29 pm »

Ken - If you would like to take a side bet on if Aberdeen comes out positive, please PM me.  I want the negative side of the bet.
I'm not going to bet, but Aberdeen has been trending upward and I expect that trend to continue. I do think Aberdeen will end up positive.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 06:33:54 pm »

For me the biggest source of error is when defaulted loans make payments. The data that prosper has in its database about payments of defaulted loans follows about 4 different sets of logic and writing code to decipher which set of logic the data is following is an absolute nightmare and it may be impossible to accurately determine with 100% accuracy through coding. Though I have set safeguards to make sure the recovery payments aren't widely off like they are with erics.

That said, I'm actually more confident in portfolios that are younger without many recovery payments, although their ROI will be more subject to change with time.

How far off is the lendstats estimation for your portfolio. Over? Under?

I think I am about 2.3%.  You think I am at .31%

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 06:39:35 pm »

I think I am about 2.3%.  You think I am at .31%
Check again. I updated the stats again today. Now you are 1.85%. Yesterday I had some moments with incorrect data.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up