Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aberdeen: First lender to make 1 million in loans  (Read 53176 times)

kenL

• View Profile
Re: Aberdeen: First lender to make 1 million in loans
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 06:52:38 pm »

Those tables at lendstats are interesting. I did a search for lenders that invested more than $10,000 with at least 20 loans and that are completely out of prosper {loan age 36 months}, and it was refreshing to see that I was top ten in ROI.

I thank my luck and my restraint.

http://www.lendstats.com/lenderlists/lenderlists.php?crit=roi&order=DESC&type=lender&age1=36&age2=&loans1=20&loans2=&lent1=10000&lent2=&rem1=0&rem2=&pr2=&pr1=&cg2=&cg1=&roi1=&roi2=&pronly=0

Lots of names I recognize on that list too

It looks like you are in the top 1% of your peer group.
Quote from: Darth Vader
Impressive.
You also have the option of looking at how all lenders did on only 1.0 loans (no need to set minimum loan age). That group is a bit bigger and at 29 out of 3408, you're still in the top 1%.
http://www.lendstats.com/lenderlists/lenderlists.php?crit=roi&order=DESC&type=lender&age1=&age2=&loans1=20&loans2=&lent1=10000&lent2=&rem1=0&rem2=&pr2=&pr1=&cg2=&cg1=&roi1=&roi2=&pronly=2

kenL

• View Profile
Re: Aberdeen: First lender to make 2 million in loans
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 03:09:22 pm »

Aberdeen has just hit the $2,000,000 level in total funds lent out.

http://www.lendstats.com/loansearch/loanfilter.php?type=lender&lender=aberdeen

Reflective-rupee is not far behind, he'll probably hit $2,000,000 in a month or so.

I also want to point out the microscopic loss rate that Aberdeen has had since relaunch. We're talkin about 1% defaulted and <1% late. By anyone's standards that's pretty good even at an average loan age of 6.4 month.

Can anyone guess why Aberdeen is doing so well? Let me tell you. He's lending 90% to repeat borrowers.

How do I know that? Well, LendStats just added that stat to the average loan profile. It's very illuminating.

The next logical question is why did this strategy not work so well for Aberdeen during 1.0?
I think it has something to do with the number of payments that the repeat borrowers made. During 1.0 the repeat borrowers he lent to had made an average of 15 payments, since relaunch however the average number of payments has increased to 35!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:30:10 am by kenL »

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
Re: Aberdeen: First lender to make 1 million in loans
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:39 pm »

The next logical question is why did this strategy not work so well for Aberdeen during 1.0?
I think it has something to do with the number of payments that the repeat borrowers made. During 1.0 the repeat borrowers he lent to had made an average of 15 payments, since relaunch however the average number of payments has increased to 35!

I would also add that the underwriting standards are so much better now than in 1.0. So, repeat borrowers post 1.0 are a better credit risk to begin with. Add that to a consistent payment history and you have an excellent place to invest your money.

In the last week I have switched my new investing on Prosper to be 100% previous borrowers. If you haven't checked out Ken's new previous borrower filters on Lendstats.com and you are still investing you should spend a few minutes exploring the ROI numbers. Staggering is all I can say. I wrote a post about this last week (I hope you will forgive the self-promotion here):
http://www.sociallending.net/investing-lending/previous-borrowers-on-prosper-are-a-great-investment/

The filters I explored are giving a current ROI according to Lendstats of 22.7% for loans originated after July 2009. No wonder Aberdeen is going all in here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up