Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: December 2010 Originations  (Read 33937 times)

laxa

• View Profile
Re: December 2010 Originations
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2011, 08:04:21 am »

I wonder if I may lend to myself

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2011, 09:01:14 am »

I wonder if I may lend to myself

In the past, the platform specifically blocked that; I don't know about now.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:47 pm »

Total for the month was $3.2 million.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

havastat

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 07:47:05 pm »

A reasonable increase from November's $2.6M. But still a long way behind Lending Club's monthly originations.

At some point Prosper will need a way to differentiate itself from Lending Club. What's the new value proposition? They were there first, but nostalgia is fleeting. Why are they the people to go to now? Until then, the strategy may be simple to present p2p lending as a concept, try to associate Prosper with it in as many people's minds as possible, and hope to survive.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 10:01:40 pm »

At some point Prosper will need a way to differentiate itself from Lending Club. What's the new value proposition?

Borrow money from Prosper, and you don't have to pay it back.   :ninja:
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »

I predict the next press release from Prosper will make a big deal about having more than 1 million registered members.  ;)
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 10:24:29 pm »

At some point Prosper will need a way to differentiate itself from Lending Club. What's the new value proposition?
Same as the old value proposition.  An extensive open database of past history.  This gives every lender who is willing to do the number crunching a fighting chance to identify worth while risks.
Lobby permission granted

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »

Same as the old value proposition.  An extensive open database of past history.  This gives every lender who is willing to do the number crunching a fighting chance to identify worth while risks.
I predict the P1.0-P3.0 loans will disappear because they don't represent their curent P4.0 product.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2011, 11:19:15 pm »

I predict the P1.0-P3.0 loans will disappear because they don't represent their curent P4.0 product.
That would be the biggest mistake Prosper could make.  It's their most valuable asset.  It's a 3-4 year edge on any competitor attempting to come into the market.  Would you lend on another platform if you didn't know how well the loans performed?  I wouldn't.
Lobby permission granted

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 12:58:08 am »

Same as the old value proposition.  An extensive open database of past history.  This gives every lender who is willing to do the number crunching a fighting chance to identify worth while risks.

Prosper has changed so dramatically and so often over the years, that the past history is practically worthless in trying to price current risk.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 02:37:40 am »

Prosper has changed so dramatically and so often over the years, that the past history is practically worthless in trying to price current risk.

The biggest changes have been in who they accept based on credit information.  I still see the information as highly relevant.

Prosper may have made changes to their verification processes, but they are so tight lipped we have no idea of what they are doing, how much they are doing, or even if they will continue doing what they are doing.  It's a mystery meat loaf sandwich.
Lobby permission granted

weiszguy

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 10:00:16 am »

Would you lend on another platform if you didn't know how well the loans performed?  I wouldn't.

That's exactly what many of us (me included) did in 2006!

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »

Same as the old value proposition.  An extensive open database of past history.  This gives every lender who is willing to do the number crunching a fighting chance to identify worth while risks.

I disagree, but not completely. I think Prosper has taken what they learned about risk from 1.0 and from 3.0 and has incorporated that risk into the Prosper Rating (and they continue to do so by tweaking the P.R. every so often). Therefore the performance of loans relative to the rating is much different from what it was with 1.0 where the rating was based solely on the FICO. Right now, the Prosper Rating IS what differentiates them from LC (and better db programmers too).

I think what they are aiming for with the Prosper Rating is to so accurately asses the risk and apply the perfect interest rate that all loans would on average yield about the same minimum ROI. Of course this is an unobtainable goal but still a good goal to aim for. It seems to me that they have some people at Prosper that really know their statistics and IMO they are doing a pretty good job (maybe even a better job than I could do :) ). With this leveling of the playing field they are allowing lenders to more effeciently use their own resources/judgments to further increase yield. Those resources/judgments are of course come from the Q&A, vetting, googlology and whatever other criteria a lender may want to use (i.e. not lending to people who have A1 steak sauce bottles in the picture). But of course many loans right now don't have time for Q&A but when they get more listings up then loans should fund a little slower.

Prosper isn't fully there yet, but they are getting closer and I am impressed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up