Public Boards > Introductions

MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALL

(1/2) > >>

joefoolz:
Hi all, i'm relatively new to prosper.   I've been avg 30 bux a month into prosper for all of 2010. Any advice for a new lender?

Beerbud1:
Yes! Take a break.

Urbi_et_Orbi:
Welcome to Org.  Beerbud is right.  Let your loans sit and soak for a bit - and see how your loan-picking skills hold up over time, before you get too excited about your projected returns.

Also, we're going to assume that you have read (and generally understand) the risk-disclosures in Prosper's prospectus.

joefoolz:
Yes, my first loan was back in june 08. Majority of notes are 25$ increments.  I let it soak for 2yrs.  Still current. So when the quiet period ended , I started to buy more notes. 

My foray into prosper was due to curiosity.   

As I have read the discussions in this forum, there are apparently plenty of negative issues that people have expressed.

I try to see both sides of the coin.   

My views coming into prosper expecting 100% loss.  I made sure to pick all my applicants   with low scores.  Predominantly HR's  in the 30% rates.

So far, I have 20 notes that are current, 2 paid, and 2 that are late.   

Since Urbi and beerbud  are saying to curb my enthusiasm,   I'll just do the minimum $25min /month and reinvest the payments. 

As a whole, I'm delighted that people actually paid. 

What are your thoughts?  How long should I continue doing this before I ramp up the amount?    2nd yr $100/month 3rd yr $200/month?

Urbi_et_Orbi:

--- Quote from: joefoolz on December 25, 2010, 07:28:13 pm ---
My views coming into prosper expecting 100% loss.  I made sure to pick all my applicants   with low scores.  Predominantly HR's  in the 30% rates.

So far, I have 20 notes that are current, 2 paid, and 2 that are late.   

--- End quote ---

You know, with that type of expectation, Beerbud and I could save you a lot of time by allowing you to simply mail us checks every month.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version