Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper did a Principal Re-adjustment...  (Read 14460 times)

ResearchPro

• View Profile
Re: Prosper did a Principal Re-adjustment...
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »

I do my own accounting based on Prosper's transactions history data for my account. Some time ago the accounting that P shows for individual loans in some cases went off: they were displaying a different principal remaining number then the standard accounting based on actual transactions. The difference was both sided, sometimes to the lender's advantage, sometimes to the borrower's. And that difference appeared in cases when the loan was late or worse but came back, so it must be related to Prosper's late fees calculation. I started a thread about this some time ago.
Now, those adjustments are always to the lender's advantage, and I saw them of 2 cases.
Case one - the loan is already paid, the principal remaining is 0 according to the transactions-based accounting, yet Prosper is awarting lenders additional funds. My guess is that they have corrected their ammortization formula and paying the difference.
Case two - the adjustment is on the current loan which is off, and that adjustment eliminates the difference between transaction-based accounting and individual loan accounting, so that loan is not off anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up