Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The fake listings on the Prosper home page really bother me  (Read 38011 times)

ira01

• View Profile
Re: The fake listings on the Prosper home page really bother me
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 11:12:21 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Querulous_paranoia

Are you really claiming that Prosper hasn't often poofed embarrassing things once they came to light?  Really?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:06 am »

a
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:51:22 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

ladeeda

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:22 am »

Full disclosure: I am a Prosper employee, but I don't speak for the company in any capacity.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 11:40:57 am »

Bored, NA?

Ladeeda, in the litigious paranoia category (quoting from NA's link) of current Prosper issues that really bother me, I've tried several times to get information from Prosper on the status of 2 of my chargeoffs who filed ch 13 more than two years ago each.  There have been no payments, no updates and no status changes.  I emailed last week, sent a reminder, then got an email yesterday morning saying he'd get back to me later that day.  Nothing.  Any thoughts?  It bothers me that Prosper can't be bothered to update on these bks, which, unlike ch7s, aren't automatic flushes.

Thanks.

Did Fred93 ever hear back from them?
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 12:05:10 pm »

Are you really claiming that Prosper hasn't often poofed embarrassing things once they came to light?  Really?

I seem to recall several "Prosper Success Stories" quickly being wiped from the web site, once the loans in question defaulted, including success stories Prosper featured in their promotional media outreach efforts.

I also recall Prosper wiping their official blog clean, including several key posts from Doug Fuller, detailing collection efforts.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 01:11:01 pm »

It isn't paranoia if they're really out to get you.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 02:31:08 pm »

Ladeeda... (snip)

I sent you a PM.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that Prosper is using .org PMs to correspond with lenders.

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:13 pm »

Ladeeda... (snip)

I sent you a PM.

We all want to know why there are 2-year old BK13's with no payments and no updates.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 03:05:00 pm »

Oh sweet irony NA, from your quote:

The terms had until recently largely disappeared from the psychiatric literature, largely because they fell out of fashion after being misused to stigmatise the behavior of people seeking the restitution of valid grievances

Really?  You latched onto that one line?

In English, what that means is something like "shyster attorneys, with the help of mercenary practitioners, over-played the crazy-card, ruining a perfectly useful/meaningful dx, when properly/skillfully applied".  I am surprised that you, of all people, would be blind to the correct parsing of it.

Analogically, it's like in the 1950's if someone dismissed the complaint of a woman because she's "hysterical".  She may very well be irrational/emotional, as a result of her momentary physical condition - much as anyone else can be, for a constellation of reasons - but that particular word, when it fell into common (vulgar) parlance, had to be abandoned, since non-practitioners had adopted the term, and weakened its meaning through misuse and abuse.

"Retarded", for instance, used to be a clinical term of art.  In physics or chemistry, a retarded process is (still) one which is slower (relatively) than others.  But since every school child (and some bigger children) now use a (former) term of art as an insult to be hurled at a moment's notice, the language of psychology changes.

The language you quote has a footnote linked to if (if you care to learn, rather than argue) which goes into some detail about how authorities (think kangaroo courts) would often make themselves complicit in miscarriages of justice by holding "competency hearings" for the "unpopular".

But I digress...

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »

Oh sweet irony NA, from your quote:

The terms had until recently largely disappeared from the psychiatric literature, largely because they fell out of fashion after being misused to stigmatise the behavior of people seeking the restitution of valid grievances

Really?  You latched onto that one line?

In English, what that means is something like "shyster attorneys, with the help of mercenary practitioners, over-played the crazy-card, ruining a perfectly useful/meaningful dx, when properly/skillfully applied".  I am surprised that you, of all people, would be blind to the correct parsing of it.

Analogically, it's like in the 1950's if someone dismissed the complaint of a woman because she's "hysterical".  She may very well be irrational/emotional, as a result of her momentary physical condition - much as anyone else can be, for a constellation of reasons - but that particular word, when it fell into common (vulgar) parlance, had to be abandoned, since non-practitioners had adopted the term, and weakened its meaning through misuse and abuse.

"Retarded", for instance, used to be a clinical term of art.  In physics or chemistry, a retarded process is (still) one which is slower (relatively) than others.  But since every school child (and some bigger children) now use a (former) term of art as an insult to be hurled at a moment's notice, the language of psychology changes.

The language you quote has a footnote linked to if (if you care to learn, rather than argue) which goes into some detail about how authorities (think kangaroo courts) would often make themselves complicit in miscarriages of justice by holding "competency hearings" for the "unpopular".

But I digress...

-t

None of that means that you aren't, in fact, misusing the term in order to "stigmatize the behavior of people seeking the restitution of valid grievances".

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 05:30:43 pm »

Ladeeda... (snip)

I sent you a PM.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that Prosper is using .org PMs to correspond with lenders.

Hey, let's not conflate Ladeeda the person with Prosper the company, OK?*

* at least not in the Lobby
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:32:48 pm by Nora_Lenderbee »

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:00 pm »

True, ladeeda could be sending X some chili recipes and not information about Prosper. My apologies for making that assumption.

ladeeda

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:49 pm »

True, ladeeda could be sending X some chili recipes and not information about Prosper. My apologies for making that assumption.

I like how you moved the goalposts there. Nice.
Full disclosure: I am a Prosper employee, but I don't speak for the company in any capacity.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 06:05:47 pm »

Or maybe they are trying to hookup.

Beerbud1

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 06:07:37 pm »

Why doesn't she post the recipes here publicly so we all can enjoy Chili?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up