Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Bankruptcy update  (Read 130814 times)

JGuide

• View Profile
Re: Bankruptcy update
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 09:24:11 pm »

Sorry - It was a placeholder to remind me to ask some other folks about this.

It seems to me Prosper has been swamped trying to stay above water.  If things look up a bit (and they seem to be headed in that direction - IMO) then I think the company will have time to focus and address some of these issues.

I think it is great that folks here on this web site point out some of the problem things, and offer potential solutions!
   - if Prosper can become profitable it will be interesting how many of these issues can be fixed and how!

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 09:09:35 am »

Prosper still hasn't followed up with their findings.  How sad is that?

Got mine too

Dear [Senator],

We appologize for not responding sooner to your inquiry. Although we would have
liked to provide an update instead of a form response we do want to acknowledge your
request was received.

Prosper will research these loans to ensure the bankruptcies were handled correctly
and corresponding filings were made in the required timeframe. Please allow some
time for Prosper to complete the investigation. As soon as more information is
available we will contact you with the findings. Thank you for using Prosper.

For future reference, your Prosper support case number is 00451685.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

This email was sent to [Senator] registered as Senator on Prosper. We will
never send you an email which does not contain the full name and screen name that
you registered with.

--------------- Original Message ---------------
To: support@Prosper.com
Subject: Re: Other (I am a lender): Please explain below

Per the following link, Prosper has apparently missed filing at the appropriate time
the correct paperwork for a borrower filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

http://www.prospers.org/forum/bankruptcy_update-t22912.0.html

On loan #383 I was a lender and the status states collection attempts were suspended
because of Chapter 13 bankruptcy but no followup (or payment) in a year. Please
review it and let me know the status of Prosper filing as a creditor.

Thank you.

Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 09:17:03 am »

I just sent the following:

Can I get a status for case #00451685? It's been over two months since you asked for some time to research the issue.

I sent a similar message a month ago and received no response.

Stats as of 12/29/2010:

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:44 am »

I just sent the following:

Can I get a status for case #00451685? It's been over two months since you asked for some time to research the issue.

I sent a similar message a month ago and received no response.

Welcome to Prosper.   >:(
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2011, 01:24:56 pm »

It has now been 10 weeks since I sent my request to Prosper and I have yet to receive any substantial communication besides the "looking into it" email 9 weeks ago.

Prosper is once again neglecting their fiduciary duties.

CleanRivers

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2011, 01:59:14 pm »

It has now been 10 weeks since I sent my request to Prosper and I have yet to receive any substantial communication besides the "looking into it" email 9 weeks ago.

Can anyone sue in small claim or another court to get or force answers from them?

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2011, 03:56:46 pm »

You can sue in small claims court for the amount they owe you, and let them come in and "explain" that they don't owe the money because of bankruptcies ..... and let them prove it.

Or, you can sue (either for yourself or as a class action) and compel production of the information.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 12:56:27 pm »

I have three Ch.13 BK's -- not one has made a single payment:
Loan 18252  Listing 185107  filed 1/11/10
Loan 15955  Listing 143499  filed 4/19/10
Loan 13217  Listing 118349  filed 9/8/08   >:(

I also have two Ch. 7 BK's filed long ago with no discharge yet:
Loan 16015  Listing 148555  filed 2/27/10
Loan 13033  Listing 115947  filed 8/21/09

I wonder how many of these Prosper has screwed up?  Time to email Prosper in an effort to find out (I'm sure Prosper will be overjoyed to hear from me  :ninja:).  

ETA:  I just emailed Prosper.  We'll see what they say.  Also, +2 (or whatever) on Lobby -- this thread is 100% Lobby-worthy.

After 2.5 MONTHS, I just received a response:

Dear Ira,

Thank you for contacting Prosper. I would like to apologize for the delayed response. This research is a manual process that requires searching each states bankruptcy cases. Once the case is found it requires a review of the case history, then a dig down to the details to be able to provide an accurate assessment of the case. This work was completed for you and many other lenders inquiring about the status of bankruptcies on their invested notes. After the review we have updated the status in the system where it was necessary and in the instances where the case is still open we have provided a general status. I am pleased to state that I did not locate another incident which prompted you to inquire about the status of your bankruptcies.

Prosper is actively working to improve the information we provide on loans in bankruptcy. Our aim is to provide more concise status updates so that our lenders do not have to spend time inquiring as you have. While I don’t have the exact timeframe in which we expect to have this improvement implemented, I can assure you that it is very much a company goal.

Sincerely,

Rhasan Wafer
Customer Relations Manager
Prosper Customer Support

There was also an Excel spreadsheet containing the following info:

Loan #   Status
18252   Pro rata distribution from any remaining plan funds
15955   Discharge updated
13217   Bankruptcy case dismissed. Loan will now follow collections process.
16015   Already reflecting Discharged on Loan
13033   Discharge updated

As usual, this response raises new questions:

On loan #18252, it has been 14.5 months since the borrower filed Ch. 13 -- a Plan should have been filed and confirmed long ago.  Was it, and if so, what does it provide to the lenders?  

On loan #15955, Prosper previously reported that this was a Ch. 13.  Now it claims it was a Chapter 7.  Did Prosper screw up then, is it screwing up now, or was the 13 converted to a 7 (and when)?

On loan #13217, my Prosper account simply notes this loan as charged-off in collections, with NO reference to any BK at all.  Aside from the fact that Prosper should show the entire history (i.e., BK filed, and then dismissed), a much more troubling question is WHEN was the BK dismissed?  It was filed on 9/8/08, and presumably was dismissed within months -- more than TWO YEARS ago.  Why is Prosper only figuring that out NOW?  And since it is easier to collect on fresher debt, Prosper should repurchase this loan from the lenders, since it is more likely it would have been able to collect on it two years ago than now.

Looks like another Prosper cluster-fuck.   >:(
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:42 pm »

They finally got back to me:

Quote from: Prosper
Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Prosper. I would like to apologize for the delayed response. This research is a manual process that requires searching each states bankruptcy cases. Once the case is found it requires a review of the case history, then a dig down to the details to be able to provide an accurate assessment of the case. This work was completed for you and many other lenders inquiring about the status of bankruptcies on their invested notes. After the review we have updated the status in the system where it was necessary and in the instances where the case is still open we have provided a general status. I am pleased to state that I did not locate another incident which prompted you to inquire about the status of your bankruptcies.

Prosper is actively working to improve the information we provide on loans in bankruptcy. Our aim is to provide more concise status updates so that our lenders do not have to spend time inquiring as you have. While I don’t have the exact timeframe in which we expect to have this improvement implemented, I can assure you that it is very much a company goal.

Sincerely,

Rhasan Wafer
Prosper Customer Support

Also attached was a spreadsheet that contained the following information:

Quote from: Prosper
Loan #3339 - Plan provides for $0.00 for unsecured
Loan #3475 - Discharge updated

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:12 pm »

Now it's MY turn to complain.  No updates on my other bks.

I guess only those who complain get updates.

I guess I'd better send another email.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2011, 01:03:22 pm »

Oh, I forgot to mention... The email's title was:

Quote from: Prosper Email Title
Prosper: Bankruptcy Info

It got me really excited at first.  :ninja:

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:16 pm »

On loan #13217, my Prosper account simply notes this loan as charged-off in collections, with NO reference to any BK at all.    Why is Prosper only figuring that out NOW? 

of course youknow the answer-  they are only figuring it out NOW because you didn't tell them about it before now.  How do you expect them to know than a bk loan needs research if you don't tell them so?     As they note, it's too much effort to do this themselves..

:ninja:

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2011, 03:12:59 pm »

Got mine too.

Loan #   Status
383   Plan provides $0.00 for unsecured

Dear Senator,

Thank you for contacting Prosper. I would like to apologize for the delayed
response. This research is a manual process that requires searching each states
bankruptcy cases. Once the case is found it requires a review of the case history,
then a dig down to the details to be able to provide an accurate assessment of the
case. This work was completed for you and many other lenders inquiring about the
status of bankruptcies on their invested notes. After the review we have updated the
status in the system where it was necessary and in the instances where the case is
still open we have provided a general status. I am pleased to state that I did not
locate another incident which prompted you to inquire about the status of your
bankruptcies.

Prosper is actively working to improve the information we provide on loans in
bankruptcy. Our aim is to provide more concise status updates so that our lenders do
not have to spend time inquiring as you have. While I don’t have the exact timeframe
in which we expect to have this improvement implemented, I can assure you that it is
very much a company goal.

Sincerely,

Rhasan Wafer
Prosper Customer Support

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

This email was sent to Senator registered as Senator on Prosper. We will
never send you an email which does not contain the full name and screen name that
you registered with.

Stats as of 12/29/2010:

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2011, 06:33:36 pm »

Got mine too.

Loan #   Status
383   Plan provides $0.00 for unsecured

Dear Senator,

Thank you for contacting Prosper. I would like to apologize for the delayed
response. This research is a manual process that requires searching each states
bankruptcy cases. Once the case is found it requires a review of the case history,
then a dig down to the details to be able to provide an accurate assessment of the
case. This work was completed for you and many other lenders inquiring about the
status of bankruptcies on their invested notes. After the review we have updated the
status in the system where it was necessary and in the instances where the case is
still open we have provided a general status. I am pleased to state that I did not
bankruptcies.

Prosper is actively working to improve the information we provide on loans in
bankruptcy. Our aim is to provide more concise status updates so that our lenders do
not have to spend time inquiring as you have. While I don’t have the exact timeframe
in which we expect to have this improvement implemented, I can assure you that it is
very much a company goal.

Sincerely,

Rhasan Wafer
Prosper Customer Support

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

This email was sent to Senator registered as Senator on Prosper. We will
you registered with.

Got mine too..... ::) ::)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:16 pm »

Same here, but mine did not include any specific loan numbesr.

I can't quite figure out this sentence:

I am pleased to state that I did not
bankruptcies.

What does that mean? Prosper didn't locate any Chap 13 BKs OTHER than the ones I inquired about? Or Prosper looked up the BKs I asked about and decided they didn't need to give me any information?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up