Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blast from the past - Gurugarzah  (Read 18115 times)

TJGbank

• View Profile
Re: Blast from the past - Gurugarzah
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 07:29:21 pm »

S
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:49:02 pm by TJGbank »
Dot org was once a great place for discussion, conversion, and stock tips.  Now it's a wasteland of IRA01 calling people morans, cunts, and more while members stand around watching it happen and they don't give a shit.  Congrats white toast observers.  I have better ways of spending my time.  My Parthian shot, Nice Tie!

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 07:43:16 pm »

Gurugarzah living it up...

http://foursquare.com/gurugarzah

Was this a Prosper employee, lender, or borrower?
The first link no longer works.
to get to the point of your concern, compare the date this thread was created with the date of this thread

http://www.prospers.org/forum/empty-t7249.0.html
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

TJGbank

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 07:45:02 pm »

r
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:47:22 pm by TJGbank »
Dot org was once a great place for discussion, conversion, and stock tips.  Now it's a wasteland of IRA01 calling people morans, cunts, and more while members stand around watching it happen and they don't give a shit.  Congrats white toast observers.  I have better ways of spending my time.  My Parthian shot, Nice Tie!

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 09:28:56 am »

http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=11257

http://www.ericscc.com/listings/11257

I would have included a link to a choice prosperreport.com thread archived from the original Prosper forum, in which he was soliciting bids for a few months before the successful listing, but I can't access that site right now for some reason.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 06:36:37 pm »

Was this a Prosper employee, lender, or borrower?
He was a borrower.

The short story is that he was a borrower with a terrible credit history who trolled the forums relentlessly trying to get his loan funded.  Some lenders caved in and lent him $1k.

As soon as he got the money, he posted a picture of himself with the $1,000.  Quite literally a money shot.  He immediately spent all the money on cocaine and snorted it up his nose (this is not an exaggeration or fabrication in any way).  He then proceeded to lose a decent job, hock any of the possession he had of any value for more nose candy.  Several months later he found God and went straight (no more drugs).  I don't know if he is still drug free, or living the Godly path.
Lobby permission granted

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 11:00:41 pm »

Did he make good on his loan?
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:02 pm »

Did he make good on his loan?

According to Ericscc:

Loan Status:    Default    Origination Date:    2006-05-11    EricsCC ROI:    -85%

cellardoor

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 09:05:22 am »

Ah, necromancy:

recently received, but not noticed until now (due to not checking my prosper.com acct/the notifications to email of new prosper message arrival, arriving in my spam folder)

----- Original message -----
To: cellardoor
Received: Apr-05-2011 12:18 PM
Subject: Hey. Ive come to pay my dues

Hi Cellardoor. I am here to try to work out some payment arrangements.  to you and to the the individuals owed.

Since I have already payed the collectors this would obviously be to give you your actual money back.

I do have one request that this thread become deleted. LOL

http://www.prospers.org/forum/blast_from_the_past_gurugarzah-t6646.0.html

My response:

Hey!

I don't think that ethics/overarching rules guiding the forums/etc would permit the unilateral deletion of the thread; what I can do is post your request, and request that individual posters on that thread delete their own posts.

I hope things are going well with you otherwise?

Best
Cellardoor

I am posting this in good faith, though I suspect it may not be taken that way...

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 09:28:49 am »

I certainly can't speak for everyone.  But if Cellardoor reports that he has received the amount due in full, I would be happy to delete my one small post in this thread.

cellardoor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »

I very recently noticed this, so I thought I'd extend the offer to everyone else in thread (since as mentioned above, I neither have the power to, nor would I opt to unilaterally, had I the power to do so, delete the thread itself)-- I certainly did _not_ intend to imply in any way, shape, or form that
a)I had gotten paid back already
b)I wanted other ppl to remove their comments so that I might possibly get paid back.

Rather, I was posting here for others who lent money to him as well, so as to
a)let the other lenders know about his offer, which I assume applies to everyone on the loan
b)provide the option for the overlapping (and small) set of ppl who
-had a share of the loan
-are still around on forums
-posted here about gurugarzah
to engage in negotiation w/him if they so desired on their sub-posts

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 07:55:03 pm »

I see he is still pushing penny stocks on his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/gurugarzah
Lobby permission granted

moremoneymarc

• Posts for Pro$pers.ORG use only +subject to recall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 04:56:32 pm »

I believe Prosper bought back this loan with some of the others due to a database problem where current lates was under reported for some substantial amount of loans to those who accepted that offer.  A listing of those who bid and won therefore may not be an accurate indication of final ownership.

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

I believe Prosper bought back this loan with some of the others due to a database problem where current lates was under reported for some substantial amount of loans to those who accepted that offer.  A listing of those who bid and won therefore may not be an accurate indication of final ownership.

Unless something similar happened again later, I believe the incident you're speaking of was before this loan, which originated in August 2006.  I still have this e-mail in my Prosper folder:

We are sending you this reminder email to once again notify you of an inaccuracy we discovered in certain Prosper listings. Prosper's audit operations discovered the error, and it has been corrected; however, it may have affected lenders' bidding on certain listings. Please note that if you wish to have Prosper investigate this issue on your behalf, you must notify us by May 29th, 2006. If we don't hear from you, we will conclude that you don't wish to pursue the matter further.

What Happened?

A number of the listings that were posted between April 18, 2006 and May 17, 2006 contained an incorrect figure in the "Delinquencies in last 7y" field on the listing. This figure appears when registered lenders click on the drop-down tab next to the borrower's credit grade shown on the listing. The figure should reflect the number of 90+ days past due delinquencies on the borrower's credit report in the last 7 years; however, due to an inadvertent technical error on Prosper's part in transporting credit report data to the listings, the wrong number appeared in this field.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 09:35:19 pm »

He may just want to get disparaging comments about him out of the lobby, especially if he's trying to sell something. Maybe someone googled him, found this thread and spread the word.

According to the Prosper database there's still a ton of the principal left.

I've got nice new feature at lendstats that shows the balance and status history on individual loans.
Here's gurugarzahs loan
http://www.lendstats.com/loansearch/loanfilter.php?lender=11257&type=listing

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 12:10:10 am »

Look what I drug up.  Right after he had obtained the loan.  Only $900.  I can't remember what he said he blew the first $100 on.  From the sweaty look on his face, I can only guess.  And that was back when he still had a real job.  $1,000 worth of nose candy pretty much tipped this poor guy down a roller coaster that ended at rock bottom.

Lobby permission granted
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up