Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper's Latest Desperation Move  (Read 41734 times)

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Re: Prosper's Latest Desperation Move
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:08 pm »

It came in an email.  The email also has a chart of returns since July, 2009, and states that not one lender who has at least 100 notes has an ROI of less than 3% on loans made after July, 2009.

Wow.

(I didn't get the email, BTW)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 06:38:14 pm »

It came in an email.  The email also has a chart of returns since July, 2009, and states that not one lender who has at least 100 notes has an ROI of less than 3% on loans made after July, 2009.

Wow.

You've probably opted out. Apparently if you do that, you get ZERO e-mails. No ROI updates. No maintenance updates. No promos. No spam. No third party messages.

Nothing.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 06:57:52 pm »

Wow.

You've probably opted out. Apparently if you do that, you get ZERO e-mails. No ROI updates. No maintenance updates. No promos. No spam. No third party messages.

Nothing.

I don't know. I just checked my communication settings. I am still set to receive promotional messages via email, but I never do.  I have to assume that the system is either broken - or my settings are subject to some type of override.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Beerbud1

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 07:03:27 pm »

I don't know. I just checked my communication settings. I am still set to receive promotional messages via email, but I never do.  I have to assume that the system is either broken - or my settings are subject to some type of override.

Oh C'mon, You really don't think their going to e-mail you, do you/

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »

Oh C'mon, You really don't think their going to e-mail you, do you/

TotoMMB made a comment that the reason why Mtnchick didn't receive an email was due to her having opted out of communications.  I thought it would be helpful to posit an alternate theory.

They do send me emails confirming my outbound cash transfers - and I received an email invitation to consider CellarDoor's loan back in November. :)
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 08:20:45 pm »

Do any of you have this checked in your Prosper Communications Preferences?

Marketing promotions and events
Receive messages from Prosper's marketing team about special promotions and events.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »

Receive messages from Prosper's marketing team about special promotions and events.

As I stated above, yes.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »

As I stated above, yes.

I dont receive them either. I always just assumed it has to do with the suspension.

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

alexpkeaton

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 10:31:22 pm »

So, back to the warrants...

Are we all in agreement that this is an attempt to raise cash from poorly informed greater fools? They disguised it as a bonus, but in reality they're hoping to get people buy in to their failing company?

I can't think of any other interpretation, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 11:09:13 pm »

Are we all in agreement that this is an attempt to raise cash from poorly informed greater fools? They disguised it as a bonus, but in reality they're hoping to get people buy in to their failing company?

No.  Not exactly.  You aren't exactly "buying in" until you choose to exercise the warrants.

There is a long history of companies selling notes with warrants attached.  Prosper is selling notes to investors, so it would seem that this falls into an old pattern with which the SEC is familiar.  That's probably smart from a regulatory point of view.

As for the "poorly informed greater fools", Prosper has provided a prospectus, per SEC regulations etc.  If this prospectus is good enough to inform investors who buy notes, then it should be good enough to inform investors who buy notes with warrants attached.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 11:36:19 pm »

I can't think of any other interpretation, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts.

If someone is dropping a quarter mil into Prosper, I seriously doubt they're uninformed.

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 11:39:49 pm »

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 12:12:12 am »

If someone is dropping a quarter mil into Prosper, I seriously doubt they're uninformed.

You mean someone like Pensioner?  Or Muleshoes?  Granted, there was a lot less information available back then, but I think it is naive to think that someone is informed just because they have a bunch of cash to throw around.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 08:25:51 am »

<clip>
Lenders investing >$250K will get warrants for common stock of Prosper.   :o  1 warrant for every $10 invested.  Where do I sign up?   ::)

OMG they are so going BK

Stock is free.  $10k for 1 warrant?  What does that even work out to?  How many warrants are outstanding?  $250k will get you 25 warrants.

On one side, it is smart as it gives those lenders an actual stake in the company (few people here think that the given interest rates are worth the risk of Prosper failing).
Lobby permission granted

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 08:48:15 am »

<clip>
Lenders investing >$250K will get warrants for common stock of Prosper.   :o  1 warrant for every $10 invested.  Where do I sign up?   ::)

OMG they are so going BK

Stock is free.  $10k for 1 warrant?  What does that even work out to?  How many warrants are outstanding?  $250k will get you 25 warrants.

On one side, it is smart as it gives those lenders an actual stake in the company (few people here think that the given interest rates are worth the risk of Prosper failing).

$10, not $10k.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up