Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper files Form 10-K  (Read 9279 times)

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
Re: Prosper files Form 10-K
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:25 am »

If they are going to get a VC infusion, they better get it within the next 1.5-2 months.

I fully expect there will be a cash infusion before the end of May. What will be most interesting will be how much and what terms. They really need more than $10 million so they can keep burning cash at their current rate and not have to worry about raising more for a while. More than $20 million will really demonstrate confidence by the VC's and give them some breathing room.
Incidentally, the statement regarding expecting net losses for a number of years stands in contrast with recent public statements from Prosper executive Jim Catlin, EVP of Acquisitions and Risk.

Urbi is dead right on this one. I am going to see if I can get a response about this. This is certainly different from statements made by Jim Caitlin.

Risk_Reward

• [quote author=ira01 link=topic=29057.msg527926#msg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 10:48:36 am »

If they are going to get a VC infusion, they better get it within the next 1.5-2 months.

I fully expect there will be a cash infusion before the end of May. What will be most interesting will be how much and what terms. They really need more than $10 million so they can keep burning cash at their current rate and not have to worry about raising more for a while. More than $20 million will really demonstrate confidence by the VC's and give them some breathing room.
Incidentally, the statement regarding expecting net losses for a number of years stands in contrast with recent public statements from Prosper executive Jim Catlin, EVP of Acquisitions and Risk.

I don't understand why any lender would participate unless they had $20 million minimum in cash on hand. 
Real libertarian

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:34 am »

Urbi is dead right on this one. I am going to see if I can get a response about this. This is certainly different from statements made by Jim Caitlin.

You may also ask them if they think it is appropriate for a senior executive like Catlin to be making highly speculative and forward-looking statements regarding the fundamentals of their business model, contradicting their own regulatory filings?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Investar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 09:43:29 am »

I finished my review and posted my (rather lengthy) two-cents about all this, where we are and where we're headed, over on Go4reward's forum. I agree, looks the 'tin cup' will hafta be a-rattling about June or so. Break point would have been late May except for the insurance settlement that came in. That $1.7 million could-a propelled them into July near August. But they seem to be 'gifting' much of it via all the lender spiffs we've seen recently. My work is posted here:

PROSPER'S 4TH PURSE EMPTIES AS BUSINESS EXPANDS

(sorry to make you click off-site and his loads slow sometimes)

One thing I missed (pg 35): "As of December 31, 2010, the Company has entered into 32 consent order agreements pursuant to the NASAA settlement term sheet and has paid an aggregate of $428,737 in penalties." That's +5 states and $72,000 during 2010. As of December 31, 2009, the score was 27 and $356,555.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up