Public Boards > Introductions

Hello Everyone

(1/2) > >>

frinxor:
I read the previous Hello thread where the poor guy got his investments picked apart - and thought I'd like to jump in with a hello first post as well.

So hello, this forum has been very interesting. I am investment-daydream on prosper, and I think prosper is picking up in terms of originations and potential to stay afloat. I feel if they can stay afloat, its definitely a viable investment option.

pioneer11:
Welcome.

What's your Prosper handle?

frinxor:
investment-daydream

DCS:
I agree that Prosper is generally improving.  From a distance (living in a state that can no longer participate anyway) I've noticed Prosper has made investing somewhat less risky for lenders. A good bit of that is attributed to simply raising the minimum credit score.  But also the rating system is improved.  A few things were better the old way too.

I think of Prosper not so much as "a viable investment option" as something that can be entertaining and, if you're lucky and/or good, profitable.  You have to enjoy searching through the listings for the good ones to do well.  Lenders who prefer to simply turn on a portfolio plan and allow automatic bidding without maintaining any attention at all, I don't think Prosper is them and I'd fear for their returns.

I learned a lot about how my fellow Americans view finances from Prosper and was fascinated by what I saw as a lender.  I think user LoanChimp coined the term "Financial Voyeurism."  Some interesting things to see on this platform, for sure.  But I still don't think I'd recommend it to anyone who was looking for "an investment" that didn't come with "a hobby."

pioneer11:

--- Quote from: frinxor on May 06, 2011, 06:04:05 pm ---investment-daydream

--- End quote ---
You are doing very well, congrats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version