Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper closes new $17.2 million funding round  (Read 41735 times)

312lender

• View Profile
Re: Prosper closes new $17.2 million funding round
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:17 pm »

Lol you've been saying the same bullshit for quite a while now Ira. 

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »

Prosper has been on a steady growth curve for the last six months.

There are 17.2 million reasons why this statement is accurate. 

It's obvious why this infusion is prospers largest yet.

And why is that?  Prosper's originations were both growing faster, and were larger in absolute terms, four years ago.  Prosper originated over $8.8M in April 2007.  And Prosper wasn't giving away 4% bribes ("incentives") to lenders back then, either.  IMHO, all this latest infusion of money proves is that fools and their money are soon parted.  With luck, the class will wind up with a bunch of it.
I don't know... could it be possibly maybe be that prosper's returns are 15% higher than they were during the 1.0 years (10% now as opposed to -5% during 1.0)?

I know, I know, now that lenders are getting good returns, returns are no longer the issue. Do I have that right?

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »

With luck, the class will wind up with a bunch of it.
+1
This is one of the best things that could have happened for the Class Action Lawsuit.
I thought you guys just wanted to shut Prosper down, I guess you want as much loot as possible too.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 04:16:26 pm »

I know, I know, now that lenders are getting good returns, returns are no longer the issue. Do I have that right?

Returns have never been the issue. It has always been management and their refusal to abide by their fiduciary duties and their willingness to ignore the terms of their contracts with the lenders.

Ira and I and many others all quit lending on Prosper while our ROIs were still positive.

312lender

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »

Looks like worth-blanket2 is back at it again. I saw three listings he bid on this morning at 5k a pop.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »

+1
This is one of the best things that could have happened for the Class Action Lawsuit.
I thought you guys just wanted to shut Prosper down, I guess you want as much loot as possible too.

Loot? Getting back money that was taken by deception is loot? I think your mind is affected by the prospect of 15% returns.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 05:34:22 pm »

I and many others all quit lending on Prosper while our ROIs were still positive.

According to how I calculate ROI, you were negative while you were still lending. Your $900 loan with 24 inquiries was already late before you stopped lending.

312lender

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 05:38:52 pm »

I was wondering how long it would take nora to add something worthless to this discussion.

DontDefault

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »

This is great news for Prosper and us lenders!  It's nice to know that Google CEO Eric Schmidt seems to have faith in the viability of Prosper, as he was an existing investor that put more money in this round.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »

I think we should sit back and wait until regulatory filings reveal who put in how much - and what they got in return.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 06:02:24 pm »

+1

Loot? Getting back money that was taken by deception is loot? I think your mind is affected by the prospect of 15% returns.
Well, I have to agree with you, my mind has been affected by my returns.

During 1.0 I didn't like the fact that Prosper was advertising such high returns or claiming such low default rates when it was obvious that that wasn't happening. But I don't put all the blame on Prosper, although they do deserve a lot of it. A lot of the blame has to go on the lenders too. Prosper didn't take their money, lenders lost it by choosing deadbeats to lend to.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

This is great news for Prosper and us lenders!  It's nice to know that former Google CEO and current 7 billionaire Eric Schmidt seems to have faith in the viability of Prosper, as he was an existing investor that put more money in this round.
Made some corrections in bold.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:11:40 pm by kenL »

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 06:10:28 pm »

I and many others all quit lending on Prosper while our ROIs were still positive.

According to how I calculate ROI, you were negative while you were still lending. Your $900 loan with 24 inquiries was already late before you stopped lending.

First, this was a social loan based purely upon forum participation and I have stated many times that I do not hold any grudge upon Prosper for allowing this loan to be originated or for in any way enticing me into the loan. This loan was purely my decision and other than the later lender side accounting issues with the bankruptcy, Prosper held to their contracts.

I considered it a social loan gift that was wholly separate from the rest of my Prosper loans. I thought of this one like Kiva. I never counted it in my returns. Notice that it was a very bad by the numbers E with only a 15% state capped rate. There was no way that a loan like that would have ever been funded except as a social loan.

If you remove that loan from the ROI calculations, I still had a positive return. In fact, if you don't count that one loan, I came out $42.49 ahead (not counting taxes).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:14:21 pm by Xenon481 »

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:20 pm »

Im starting to wonder if p2p lending is really the primary business here. Does prosper run a pizza store by chance?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

red12049

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 06:43:01 pm »

Prosper has been on a steady growth curve for the last six months.

There are 17.2 million reasons why this statement is accurate. 

It's obvious why this infusion is prospers
largest yet.

Or, it could have just been because of the second internet/dot.com bubble...

R
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ”- Eric Hoffer

Hillary, in most cases, is not really "lying" -- she is applying her lawyerly instinct to parse words very finely, which sometimes seems to non-lawyers to be a lie, but actually isn't.

"The fundamental cause of trouble is that the stupid are cocksure, while the intelligent are full of doubt."  Bertrand Russell
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up