Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Student interested in studying P2P lending  (Read 14966 times)

P2PNoob

• View Profile
Student interested in studying P2P lending
« on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:14 pm »

Hi!

I am an intern for a new P2P lending startup(don't know if I should say). But actually I am still kind of new to the P2P lending system, so I will have a lot of questions for now. I have mainly been lurking the boards, but I will probably ask for your help in completing surveys and suggestions for possible improvements to the current p2p lending model in the future. Nice to meet you guys and it's great to see such an active community!

Thanks!

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Student interested in studying P2P lending
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 02:38:20 pm »

Welcome.  Make sure you familiarize yourself with the "advanced search" function.  I'm guessing you will find answers/comments/discussion regarding almost any p2p-related question or topic - and we can avoid re-hashing questions that have probably already been answered many times.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

312lender

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:54:16 pm »

Careful how much weight you give certain people's messages on this board. Urbi and Ira, among others, are curretly part of a class action lawsuit against prosper and I believe both are suspended from lending on the site. An impartial (in my opinion) website where you can get info on prosper and lendingclubs performance is www.lendingstats.com.  KenL, a forum member, runs the site.

no-whammies

• I'm not your buddy, guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:15 pm »

An impartial (in my opinion) website where you can get info on prosper and lendingclubs performance is www.lendingstats.com.  KenL, a forum member, runs the site.

It's www.lendstats.com; lendingstats.com was charged-off.  :)

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

I may be one that 312lender urges you to ignore but I think your company would benefit from learning why people stopped lending on Prosper. I don't lend now on any p2p website but loaned on Zopa and may be open to lending on another p2p site if there were adequate safeguards. 
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Beerbud1

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »

Careful how much weight you give certain people's messages on this board. Urbi and Ira, among others, are currently part of a class action lawsuit against prosper and I believe both are suspended from lending on the site. An impartial (in my opinion) website where you can get info on prosper and lendingclubs performance is www.lendingstats.com.  KenL, a forum member, runs the site.

:'( Left out again. Urbi and I were suspended on the same day.  Ira was suspended for e-mailing lenders to check out Prosper's own forums.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:12 pm »

Careful how much weight you give certain people's messages on this board. Urbi and Ira, among others, are curretly part of a class action lawsuit against prosper and I believe both are suspended from lending on the site. An impartial (in my opinion) website where you can get info on prosper and lendingclubs performance is www.lendingstats.com.  KenL, a forum member, runs the site.
afaik, ira is not currently part of a class action lawsuit against prosper.

this forum is moderated very little. you can share and take away any information you please.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 01:08:09 am »

Careful how much weight you give certain people's messages on this board. Urbi and Ira, among others, are curretly part of a class action lawsuit against prosper

Wrong again.  I am (like every other Prosper 1.0 lender with the probable exception of Prosper employees) a potential class member in a putative class action that has not yet been certified as a class.  I am not a named plaintiff in that lawsuit, nor am I personally involved in it. 

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:13:00 am »

312lender is obviously the pride of the Northwestern University School of Law...  ::)
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 01:41:21 am »

312lender is obviously the pride of the Northwestern University School of Law...  ::)

Do we actually know he's a law student there?  Northwestern is a very good law school (#12 on the U.S. News and World Report ranking).  I would expect better of their students.

312lender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 01:52:29 am »

Wrong again.  I am (like every other Prosper 1.0 lender with the probable exception of Prosper employees) a potential class member in a putative class action that has not yet been certified as a class.  I am not a named plaintiff in that lawsuit, nor am I personally involved in it.

Oh, I didn't know you weren't part of the lawsuit.  The way you were licking your chops at the prospect of taking lender -- I mean Prosper -- money made me think you had more than a personal stake in it. 

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 02:33:38 am »

Hi!

I am an intern for a new P2P lending startup(don't know if I should say). But actually I am still kind of new to the P2P lending system, so I will have a lot of questions for now. I have mainly been lurking the boards, but I will probably ask for your help in completing surveys and suggestions for possible improvements to the current p2p lending model in the future. Nice to meet you guys and it's great to see such an active community!

Thanks!

?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 02:51:15 am »

Oh, I didn't know you weren't part of the lawsuit.  The way you were licking your chops at the prospect of taking lender -- I mean Prosper -- money made me think you had more than a personal stake in it. 

I love how you "serve the public interest" by "warning" people about my alleged bias, yet your limited posting history here is littered with you repeatedly being corrected for asserting claims that are factually and demonstrably incorrect - or simply stuff you made up (such as claiming Ira is a plaintiff). This stuff is basic and well-known to anyone here who has paid even peripheral attention. You keep bloviating about the litigation and huffing about the contents of Prosper's regulatory filings...yet you obviously haven't bothered to read any of it.

Compared to you, I am hard pressed to see how anyone here would conclude that I am somehow a fountain of disinformation.

Like everyone else, I have a point of view - and it has clearly been influenced by more than 5 years of personal experience and accumulated knowledge.  I fail to see how this is somehow unusual or a rational basis to suggest that some people's opinions are less valid.  I suspect the original poster is smart enough to evaluate posts on their individual merit.

By the way, you could simply take the time to read the operative complaint.  It seems like a reasonable and useful exercise for someone with your professional aspirations.

P2PNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 11:41:49 am »

Thank you for your concern.

I am glad that this is such an opinionated community since the opinionated consumer fills out surveys in most detail.
But yes, I understand that this forum is not a representative of the whole P2P lending community.

Pages: [1]   Go Up