Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 27 new late loans all in one day?  (Read 13316 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile
Re: 27 new late loans all in one day?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »

If they can't fix the glitch,why not just stop originating loans on the 31st?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 01:54:49 am »

That solution is much too simple, too elegant and involves too much common sense.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 03:48:48 am »

Then they might just have enough time to figure out what to do with February.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »

Yet another thing that has recently "un-worked" itself. Downright embarrassing.

Or Prosper implemented a 5-day holiday weekend to celebrate the 4th. You never know.

Beerbud1

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 08:32:23 pm »

That solution is much too simple, too elegant and involves too much common sense.
And not to mention that it would hurt their end of month numbers.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 08:38:11 pm »

And not to mention that it would hurt their end of month numbers.

Their purposefully artificially inflated end of month numbers.

MYCHAELP

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:06 pm »

Prosper finally replied to my e-mail. They have fixed the issue. It is odd that a financial company has so many issues with their programming. I like the returns, but not sure it is helping me to sleep at night.
They also responded about my question regarding the loan in collections that is now receiving payments.
Here is what they said:
"""Loan# 45441 made a $220 payment on 6/16 which was the equivalent of one monthly payment. This rolled the days past due counter back 30 days however the account stays in collections until it is brought completely current. Loans only charge-off once they reach 121 days past due so borrowers can easily make payments and catch the loan up before it reaches 4 months past due.

If a loan does charge-off payments can still be made, they are still received into your Prosper account like all other regular payments. Prosper terms these payments "recoveries" and they are displayed as such in the monthly statements and at the end of the year in the tax documents."""

So it appears a loan can get out of collections from their e-mail reply. But it doesn't quite match what it says on the site that the loan is now with a collections agency. Confusing but as I said, I like the returns and am planning on adding to my investment. I just wish they could get their computer programming more accurate. I'm also not a fan of the new quickinvest... I had begun to like the automatic investing tools... now I will need to access Prosper multiple times/wk if I want to keep up investing.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 01:03:05 pm »

So it appears a loan can get out of collections from their e-mail reply. But it doesn't quite match what it says on the site that the loan is now with a collections agency.

It's in "collections", but not necessarily with a collections agency. Prosper had touted relationships with CAs in the past, but like a lot of things, that info has been removed and/or severely curtailed. For a time, Prosper was running collections in-house, I'm assuming that's still their M.O.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up