Public Boards > Introductions

Thank you old-timers!

<< < (2/3) > >>

rogerwaite:
I was a borrower on Zopa.  Was disillusioned by its method, so I borrowed on P~.com to pay it off, then became a blender shortly after. Doesn't quite fit your query, though.

pinky:

--- Quote from: rogerwaite on June 04, 2012, 06:19:40 pm ---I was a borrower on Zopa.  Was disillusioned by its method, so I borrowed on P~.com to pay it off, then became a blender shortly after. Doesn't quite fit your query, though.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I don't know why your self promotion fits this topic either.

pioneer11:

--- Quote from: msava on June 04, 2012, 04:53:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: NewHorizon on February 19, 2012, 02:46:12 pm ---Aside from "blenders", is this the first borrower on ORG who's reported paying off the loan(s) and gone on to be a lender?  (It's a common promise from borrowers.  But seeing it carried thru is a whole 'nother matter.)

--- End quote ---
What's a blender?

--- End quote ---
When I saw this question it made me look at the date...thought I was back in 2009

yankeefan:

--- Quote from: ira01 on June 04, 2012, 04:58:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: NewHorizon on February 19, 2012, 02:46:12 pm ---Aside from "blenders", is this the first borrower on ORG who's reported paying off the loan(s) and gone on to be a lender?  (It's a common promise from borrowers.  But seeing it carried thru is a whole 'nother matter.)

--- End quote ---
What's a blender?
--- End quote ---

Borrower/LENDER.  People who were both borrowers and lenders, at the same time.  One of Prosper's many failings is that it let quite a few blenders default on their own loans, while continuing to receive the income from their lending portfolio, without applying that incoming money stream to loan repayment.  Early on Prosper "promised" to do just that.  Like many of its other promises, it failed miserably (at least for a number of years -- no idea what they do now).

--- End quote ---

Idon't think they ever included a rightof offset in their lender agreements- wouldn' tthey need to do that to take the incoming payments?

ira01:

--- Quote from: yankeefan on June 13, 2012, 08:32:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: ira01 on June 04, 2012, 04:58:14 pm ---

--- End quote ---
What's a blender?
--- End quote ---

Borrower/LENDER.  People who were both borrowers and lenders, at the same time.  One of Prosper's many failings is that it let quite a few blenders default on their own loans, while continuing to receive the income from their lending portfolio, without applying that incoming money stream to loan repayment.  Early on Prosper "promised" to do just that.  Like many of its other promises, it failed miserably (at least for a number of years -- no idea what they do now).
--- End quote ---

Idon't think they ever included a rightof offset in their lender agreements- wouldn' tthey need to do that to take the incoming payments?
--- End quote ---

Yes, probably, but I think they did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version