Public Boards > The Lobby

Prosper Class Action Suit Settled for $10 Million Over 3 Years

<< < (150/150)

Mtnchick:

--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on September 18, 2018, 12:37:28 am ---
Don't get me wrong, I would also have preferred to probe prosper in a different type of case, but I think we played the best hand we had available. I am sorry you are still unhappy with your experience.  I think the best path for most of us was to recover the settlement and move on.  We probably got more than we could have reasonably expected. I give a great deal of credit to the Rosen Law team for being quite aggressive and thorough in their work.  Watching CL storm out of a conference room in a seething tantrum was almost worth the whole experience.  As a postscript, if we had left this in the unstable hands of Beerbud, you'd be lucky to have received 1/10th + some insanely over-valued back-of-the-bus non-voting stock in Prosper (at a time when Prosper's future didn't look particularly good).

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the work you've done!

mothandrust:

--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on September 18, 2018, 12:37:28 am ---That sounds like a different type of case, one which I am sure you are prepared to file by now - although I harbor some doubt you'd find competent counsel to take that case on contingency.
--- End quote ---
No, just wanted the executives to go under oath and then have those depositions on the internet somewhere, preferably on video to see them squirm.

--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on September 18, 2018, 12:37:28 am ---Watching CL storm out of a conference room in a seething tantrum was almost worth the whole experience.
--- End quote ---
Tell me someone recorded that and can put it on youtube!

Urbi_et_Orbi:

--- Quote from: mothandrust on September 18, 2018, 01:09:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on September 18, 2018, 12:37:28 am ---

--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on September 18, 2018, 12:37:28 am ---Watching CL storm out of a conference room in a seething tantrum was almost worth the whole experience.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I wish. The room had a glass wall, so the visual lingered wonderfully.  It was very dramatic.

There was also another incident involving a tantrum. Nobody took that person seriously again after that.  Of course, that person created material risk to the case - and wasted loads of the counsel?s and the court?s time because he lacked basic impulse control and couldn?t keep his knife-drawer shut. Yet, he had no problem cashing his incentive checks from what I gather.
--- End quote ---

Knudtson:

--- Quote from: mothandrust on September 18, 2018, 01:09:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on September 18, 2018, 12:37:28 am ---That sounds like a different type of case, one which I am sure you are prepared to file by now - although I love these rangefinders for hunting and harbor some doubt you'd find competent counsel to take that case on contingency.
--- End quote ---
No, just wanted the executives to go under oath and then have those depositions on the internet somewhere, preferably on video to see them squirm.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version