Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New here to site  (Read 7604 times)

BigSantana

• View Profile
New here to site
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:23:46 am »

Hello, I actually stumbled on Prosper last year after reading an article in a magazine.  I have 2 loans with them, one which was just paid off.  I also have 10 notes that I invested in.  I plan to add $25/mo + reinvest my earnings back into new notes.  I hope this is a great way to learn and see what other SEASONED investors (unlike myself) invest in, so I can get good earnings. 

Ernie
Southern California

DCS

• View Profile
Re: New here to site
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 11:01:27 am »

Ernie,

Welcome. You will find that most of the regular participants on this forum were lenders during 2006-08, a period referred to as "Prosper 1.0," when the rules for lending were different from today. Furthermore, most of the former lenders here were disappointed with their experience using Prosper 1.0, or at the very least decided they had enough of their experiment with Prosper by the time the company entered an SEC-required "Quiet Period" in late 2008. Some moved on to Lendingclub.com, and some gave up peer-to-peer lending altogether. A small handful continued lending under today's rules when Prosper reopened in 2009, though recently I've even seen some of them give up on Prosper, claiming it's now stacked in favor of institutional investors.

So, I'm not sure you'll find a lot of the "seasoned" advice you're looking for. However, this is a smart and entertaining bunch of folks regardless, so you may enjoy looking around anyway.

ToySoldier

• Lord Savage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 08:49:28 pm »

Welcome aboard. Investing advice is now geared towards stocks than to p2p lending.
What Is Woke? - by Critical Drinker w/ 648,000+ views - https://youtu.be/LhRC6PQbCDo?t=75

You buy Bitcoin when you realize you were wrong

I'm "Right-Wing"?!? Not quite...
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37842.msg809141#msg809141

As our resident Jim Cramer

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:29 am »

Hello, I actually stumbled on Prosper last year after reading an article in a magazine.  I have 2 loans with them, one which was just paid off.  I also have 10 notes that I invested in.  I plan to add $25/mo + reinvest my earnings back into new notes.  I hope this is a great way to learn and see what other SEASONED investors (unlike myself) invest in, so I can get good earnings. 

Ernie
Southern California

Ernie if you want to join a discussion that is based purely on investing with p2p lending then you can go here:
http://www.lendacademy.com/forum/index.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up