Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ducks  (Read 8197 times)

ducks

• November 24 is Thanksgiving Day
    • View Profile
ducks
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »

Hi, I'm ducks. It looks like I never introduced myself. I started lending on Prosper.com in Feb 2007. I think someone might have mentioned it to me in an online discussion (much like PredictIt.com).

I decided to start small and test the waters. We all know how that went. I later took a loan on Prosper hoping to buy the Chicago Cubs, but that didn't happen. I thought I'd find a sports-related investment, at least. Maybe that's when I bought WWE (not the whole business, just a few shares). It had a hypertrophic yield at the time. When the yield dropped to punier proportions, I sold. I got both the dividends and a slamming capital growth. One of my few individual stock investments worth bragging about.

I didn't need the borrowed money for anything, to be honest. I just wanted to know the process from the borrower's perspective. Back then, Prosper was not very concerned about a truthful borrowing purpose. I suspect my lenders knew I wasn't going to buy the Cubs.

I was fairly active here back in those days. I think I disappeared about when my last loan paid out or charged off.

Why did I come back? That little check from the settlement reminded me of you.

I work in a specialized industry, the kind of person who isn't going to sell you anything or buy anything from you. I can tell you I don't have money.* But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.

*Well, not my own money.
Predictit.org portfolio (originally invested $100):
$182.47 withdrawn
$141.33 left in PredictIt

TJGbank

• View Profile
Re: ducks
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:30:19 pm »

Welcome to PdotO!

But, you probably joined before me so maybe I'm out of place to welcome you.
Dot org was once a great place for discussion, conversion, and stock tips.  Now it's a wasteland of IRA01 calling people morans, cunts, and more while members stand around watching it happen and they don't give a shit.  Congrats white toast observers.  I have better ways of spending my time.  My Parthian shot, Nice Tie!

silvermoonfairy3

• View Profile
Re: ducks
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 09:27:23 pm »

Welcome to PdotO!

What kind of newbie calls it that? IMPOSTOR.
~*~  Ellen
Pages: [1]   Go Up