Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudbleed bug impacts Prosper.com  (Read 137066 times)

DakotahFury

• View Profile
Cloudbleed bug impacts Prosper.com
« on: February 28, 2017, 08:14:54 pm »

Did a quick search and didn't see it having been mentioned before...but it looks like Prosper is one of the most popular sites to have been impacted by the Cloudbleed bug.

Tech experts are urging subscribers to numerous online services to change their passwords after a possible leak of user data.

The leak, which techies are calling “Cloudbleed,” involves Cloudflare, a web services company used by many large websites. An analyst at Google’s Project Zero noticed a bug in Cloudflare’s code that occasionally allowed personal user data to be indexed by search engines.

Hackers could potentially find that data and use it to compromise people’s accounts. However, Cloudflare said in a blog post that, so far, it has “not discovered any evidence of malicious exploits of the bug or other reports of its existence.”

The leaks happened between Sept. 22, 2016, and Feb. 18, 2017, when they were discovered by Project Zero and fixed by Cloudflare. According to Gizmodo, nearly 4.3 million domain names may have been affected.

Some of the impacted sites include:
4chan.org
authy.com
betterment.com
bitpay.com
change.org
coinbase.com
curse.com (and some other Curse sites like minecraftforum.net)
digitalocean.com
extratorrent.com
feedly.com
fitbit.com
localbitcoins.com
medium.com
news.ycombinator.com
okcupid.com
pastebin.com
patreon.com
poloniex.com
producthunt.com
prosper.com
tfl.gov.uk
transferwise.com
thepiratebay.org
yelp.com
zendesk.com
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/24/cloudbleed-bug-passwords-compromised_n_14989650.html
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudbleed bug impacts Prosper.com
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:41:06 pm »

Nominate for The Lobby.

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:09 pm »

Nominate for The Lobby.
Seconded.  This is more of a general thing than just Prosper.
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

DakotahFury

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:55 pm »

Cool by me
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 11:16:25 pm »

prosper.com and thepiratebay.com on the same list. who could have imagined that?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:24:43 pm »

prosper.com and thepiratebay.com on the same list. who could have imagined that?

One site is where questionable and scummy amoral characters go to plunder and pillage, and the other is a download site.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 12:11:32 pm »

One site is where questionable and scummy amoral characters go to plunder and pillage, and the other is a download site.

I see what you did there...

Ferrix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 09:49:00 am »

Change your prosper.com password.  And even more importantly, if you are using that password (or one similar to it) on any other sites, change *those* too.

Protip: instead of trying to remember passwords, use a password manager such as KeePass or LastPass.  Automatically generate strong random passwords for each site, and save brain space for more important things.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 12:38:49 am »

Protip: instead of trying to remember passwords, use a password manager such as KeePass or LastPass.  Automatically generate strong random passwords for each site, and save brain space for more important things.

+1

I cannot stress this enough.

artjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 04:40:38 pm »

+1

I cannot stress this enough.

+2 YES!

I use LastPass, it's free, and can be set up not only on computers, but also mobile devices. I hesitated for a long time because if I don't type my passwords I forget them, and with so many banking and brokerage sites it's scary to think of being locked out... but I can always see my password with a couple of clicks if I choose to.

It will automatically generate strong passwords for me PLUS it will go through the process of automatically changing passwords on most sites if I so choose.

Nothing gets a higher recommendation from me than a modern, secure password manager.

https://www.lastpass.com

loanuniverse

• View Profile
    • Commercial loan website
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 05:40:46 pm »

Man, those pesky search engines and their indexing. Nothing escapes them. I wonder how that whole thing works.

Prosper Funding LLC Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Cloudbleed bug prosper.com Prosper Funding LLC
"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:58 pm »

my forum suspension from 10 years is still active so no problem. cant do anything nor change my password.

you're

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 10:38:52 pm »

my forum suspension from 10 years is still active so no problem. cant do anything nor change my password.

It's got to be getting close to expiring.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 12:40:15 am »

It's got to be getting close to expiring.
I'll let Prosper Shira know  :o

you're

loanuniverse

• View Profile
    • Commercial loan website
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 03:49:08 pm »

do they even have a forum nowadays?  It did not work out too well for them years ago.
"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up