Public Boards > The Lobby

Cloudbleed bug impacts Prosper.com

<< < (2/4) > >>

Urbi_et_Orbi:

--- Quote from: 112233 on February 28, 2017, 11:16:25 pm ---prosper.com and thepiratebay.com on the same list. who could have imagined that?

--- End quote ---

One site is where questionable and scummy amoral characters go to plunder and pillage, and the other is a download site.

cubbiesnextyr:

--- Quote from: Urbi_et_Orbi on February 28, 2017, 11:24:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: 112233 on February 28, 2017, 11:16:25 pm ---prosper.com and thepiratebay.com on the same list. who could have imagined that?

--- End quote ---

One site is where questionable and scummy amoral characters go to plunder and pillage, and the other is a download site.

--- End quote ---

I see what you did there...

Ferrix:
Change your prosper.com password.  And even more importantly, if you are using that password (or one similar to it) on any other sites, change *those* too.

Protip: instead of trying to remember passwords, use a password manager such as KeePass or LastPass.  Automatically generate strong random passwords for each site, and save brain space for more important things.

Xenon481:

--- Quote from: Ferrix on March 02, 2017, 09:49:00 am ---Protip: instead of trying to remember passwords, use a password manager such as KeePass or LastPass.  Automatically generate strong random passwords for each site, and save brain space for more important things.

--- End quote ---

+1

I cannot stress this enough.

artjunkie:

--- Quote from: Xenon481 on March 03, 2017, 12:38:49 am ---
--- Quote from: Ferrix on March 02, 2017, 09:49:00 am ---Protip: instead of trying to remember passwords, use a password manager such as KeePass or LastPass.  Automatically generate strong random passwords for each site, and save brain space for more important things.

--- End quote ---

+1

I cannot stress this enough.

--- End quote ---

+2 YES!

I use LastPass, it's free, and can be set up not only on computers, but also mobile devices. I hesitated for a long time because if I don't type my passwords I forget them, and with so many banking and brokerage sites it's scary to think of being locked out... but I can always see my password with a couple of clicks if I choose to.

It will automatically generate strong passwords for me PLUS it will go through the process of automatically changing passwords on most sites if I so choose.

Nothing gets a higher recommendation from me than a modern, secure password manager.

https://www.lastpass.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version