Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do all those weird acronyms mean (and what's a "Black Friday")?  (Read 9385 times)

ira01

• View Profile

Anyone new to Prospers.org (or to Prosper.com) is likely to see a bewildering group of acronyms -- 0/0/0, ACH, AF, ROI, TOS, etc., as well as other terms whose meaning is not obvious -- Black Friday, Sock Puppet, Snickers (Bar), etc.  You can learn what all these terms (and many others) mean at the Prospers.org Glossary.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Nontyper

• View Profile
Re: What do all those weird acronyms mean (and what's a "Black Friday")?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 07:44:42 am »

Excellent post... Trying to talk like your not a n00b is hard.... lol...
** Note  that the information in this post may contain speculation, and in no way should be taken as legal advice. **
** The Posters nick is Nontyper, If you find a typo, you are not special. **

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:53:28 am »

Perhaps Black Friday 2 12/14/2007 The day Prosper threatened a multitude of members for references to Pro$pers.org on their member pages.

I did not coin the phrase - I saw it in another post.

Anyone new to Prospers.org (or to Prosper.com) is likely to see a bewildering group of acronyms -- 0/0/0, ACH, AF, ROI, TOS, etc., as well as other terms whose meaning is not obvious -- Black Friday, Sock Puppet, Snickers (Bar), etc.  You can learn what all these terms (and many others) mean at the Prospers.org Glossary.

Greebo

• Fight Online Censorship
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:55:44 am »

Perhaps Black Friday 2 12/14/2007 The day Prosper threatened a multitude of members for references to Pro$pers.org on their member pages.

I thought we were calling that turkey day, cause of the proximity to thanksgiving.  Prosper was certainly thankful they killed the forums...

If you really want change...vote 3rd party.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:20:34 pm »

I thought we were calling that turkey day, cause of the proximity to thanksgiving.  Prosper was certainly thankful they killed the forums...

12/14 was not that close to Thanksgiving.  Turkey Day would be a better name for the day Prosper pulled the plug on the old forums, which was the day before Thanksgiving IIRC.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

rilesemo

• personal ad #555
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 01:28:14 pm »

Black friday was several months ago. not recent events.

Greebo

• Fight Online Censorship
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 01:41:09 pm »

12/14 was not that close to Thanksgiving.  Turkey Day would be a better name for the day Prosper pulled the plug on the old forums, which was the day before Thanksgiving IIRC.
Thats when they closed them, yeah.

But the real turkey came out the week AFTER thanksgiving - when the new fiasco opened.

If you really want change...vote 3rd party.
Pages: [1]   Go Up