Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Larsen's PD07 Keynote Speech  (Read 5101 times)

DebInVenice

• The Diva
    • View Profile
Chris Larsen's PD07 Keynote Speech
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »

I had a request to post this on the public portion of Prospers.org. The original post can be found here: http://prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=4571.msg65086#msg65086

Prosper Days 2007 was only 11 months ago, so it's amazing how much the relationship between PMI and some of it's original cheerleaders has deteriorated. I still haven't quite figured out why.

If you would like to see images from PD07 you can check out my blog at: http://debinvenice.blogspot.com/

I just listened to CL's keynote speech again because I wanted to hear the section about 3rd party sites. I think he talked about them in the Q&A portion after the speech. Well the speech is edited and does not contain everything he talked about and showed none of his Powerpoint presentation (I documented most of those with pictures in my PD07 blog).

Anyway, as I was listening I decided to jot down a few notes of what he said. These notes are not verbatim but I do give the time code on the video so that you can listen to that section for yourself.

Chris Larsen PD07 Keynote

:35
We really welcome your feedback and also your challenges. We know you aren't shy about giving us your feedback and that's tremendous. That's why we exist and why we've made so much progress.

1:00
This is really your marketplace. You're the ones that took the risk.

1:48
In every way, we see you shaping how this thing's going to go.

3:28
The other thing we have to do is make sure we have as much transparency in this market so you can make the decisions you want to make but at the same time we have maintain that sense of personal privacy and respect and make sure there's fair play in the way people interact with each other.

Note to anyone attending PD08, please record either through video or digital recorder any speeches or Q&A sessions involving Prosper staff so that we have the *whole* record.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:52:55 pm by DebInVenice »
John Witchel, CTO of Prosper.com, member of Prospers.org since April 4, 2007
Andrew Martinez Fonts, Product Manager of Prosper.com, member of Prospers.org since May 1, 2007
Kevin Gillett,  Editor-in-Chief of the Blog at Prosper.com, member of Prospers.org since February 19, 2007
Pages: [1]   Go Up