Public Boards > The Lobby

What do all those weird acronyms mean (and what's a "Black Friday")?

(1/2) > >>

ira01:
Anyone new to Prospers.org (or to Prosper.com) is likely to see a bewildering group of acronyms -- 0/0/0, ACH, AF, ROI, TOS, etc., as well as other terms whose meaning is not obvious -- Black Friday, Sock Puppet, Snickers (Bar), etc.  You can learn what all these terms (and many others) mean at the Prospers.org Glossary.

Nontyper:
Excellent post... Trying to talk like your not a n00b is hard.... lol...

Capital_Finance_Group:
Perhaps Black Friday 2 12/14/2007 The day Prosper threatened a multitude of members for references to Pro$pers.org on their member pages.

I did not coin the phrase - I saw it in another post.

--- Quote from: ira01 on December 16, 2007, 06:51:08 pm ---Anyone new to Prospers.org (or to Prosper.com) is likely to see a bewildering group of acronyms -- 0/0/0, ACH, AF, ROI, TOS, etc., as well as other terms whose meaning is not obvious -- Black Friday, Sock Puppet, Snickers (Bar), etc.  You can learn what all these terms (and many others) mean at the Prospers.org Glossary.

--- End quote ---

Greebo:

--- Quote from: Capital_Finance_Group on December 17, 2007, 07:53:28 am ---Perhaps Black Friday 2 12/14/2007 The day Prosper threatened a multitude of members for references to Pro$pers.org on their member pages.

--- Quote from: ira01 on December 16, 2007, 06:51:08 pm ---Anyone new to Prospers.org (or to Prosper.com) is likely to see a bewildering group of acronyms -- 0/0/0, ACH, AF, ROI, TOS, etc., as well as other terms whose meaning is not obvious -- Black Friday, Sock Puppet, Snickers (Bar), etc.  You can learn what all these terms (and many others) mean at the Prospers.org Glossary.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I thought we were calling that turkey day, cause of the proximity to thanksgiving.  Prosper was certainly thankful they killed the forums...

ira01:

--- Quote from: Greebo on December 17, 2007, 11:55:44 am ---
--- Quote from: Capital_Finance_Group on December 17, 2007, 07:53:28 am ---Perhaps Black Friday 2 12/14/2007 The day Prosper threatened a multitude of members for references to Pro$pers.org on their member pages.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I thought we were calling that turkey day, cause of the proximity to thanksgiving.  Prosper was certainly thankful they killed the forums...
--- End quote ---

12/14 was not that close to Thanksgiving.  Turkey Day would be a better name for the day Prosper pulled the plug on the old forums, which was the day before Thanksgiving IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version