Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uncyclopedia: Prosper  (Read 7093 times)

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
Re: Uncyclopedia: Prosper
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 02:48:05 pm »

Understand, it's an increasingly short list of people who know the name "Jim Jones" or the "Jonestown Massacre" on first contact.

I was but the tender age of 5 when it happened, and I wasn't aware it had happened until years later.

(ETA)

Fact is, many across the internet know what "Drinking the Kool-Aid" means, but few know why it means what it means. Quite a number I've spoken to personally think it has something to do with the Electric Kool-Aid experiment:o

Even fewer know that they didn't drink Kool Aid at Jonestown, they drank Flavor Aid.
Following Jones’s lecture a large vat of purple Fla-Vor-Aid, mixed with lethal potassium cyanide as well as a variety of sedatives and tranquilizers including Valium, Penegram, and chloral hydrate was brought out and the people were organized into lines (Dickerson, Path: People’s Temple (Jonestown). Jones ordered everyone to drink from the vat. People were unsure if this was really the end of Jonestown because Jones had previously performed “white nights.” “White nights” were suicide drills in which Jones gave the community a drink and then told them it had been poisoned to test their loyalty. Those who tried to flee or refused to drink were shot. This time however it was not a “white night”, it was the real thing.
http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/AboutJonestown/JonestownReport/Volume6/tapeyohnk.htm

SGriff

• Pedanticism for fun and profit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:25 pm »

True enough, but "drinking the Flav-or-Aid" doesn't quite have the same ring to it...
By all means, cry havoc and let slip the toy pomeranians of war!

cowdog

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 02:56:15 am »

awwww.

It's been "huffed."

:'(
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up