Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: I can see how people get unknown medical DQs  (Read 30529 times)

leporello

Re: I can see how people get unknown medical DQs
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 09:26:03 am »

www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com is a website where the owner goes to the baby websites, visits the naming boards.  She then takes those potential baby name threads to her site and adds snarky comments.  I spent hours at this site reading with tears running down my face because I was laughing so hard.
The snarky baby-naming comments are a total hoot. I have to bookmark this page and look at it every so often when I need an endorphin rush.

Thanks for the link. That is priceless!!

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 09:46:15 am »

www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com is a website where the owner goes to the baby websites, visits the naming boards.  She then takes those potential baby name threads to her site and adds snarky comments.  I spent hours at this site reading with tears running down my face because I was laughing so hard.
The snarky baby-naming comments are a total hoot. I have to bookmark this page and look at it every so often when I need an endorphin rush.

Thanks for the link. That is priceless!!

I read the first two pages with only a few smiles. Finally, on the third page, this one cracked me up:

I am 7 months pregnant, and I am having a boy. I think i'm going to name my son Kakinston ,, What do you think... ??

Besides sounding like a former Central Asian Soviet republic bordering Uzbekistan, it aids small bullies immensely starting the kid's name with KACK.
http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/3.html
Old Stump
My blog

lenderguy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 10:51:43 am »

Wow.  Heaven forbid I ever have children, but if I do, and I know about it, I will not permit them to be named anything that will get his or her ass kicked, nor cause him or her to unnecessarily have to kick ass in self defense.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 12:38:04 pm »

I was very clever and named my son "John".  ;D
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

lenderguy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 12:39:51 pm »

After a toilet???

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 12:47:16 pm »

After a toilet???

Got a problem with that??

The funny thing was that "John" was no longer a popular name then unless it was spelled "Jon" or "Jonathon". He was the only "John" in any of his classes ever, whereas in my generation (back when we carved things into stone tablets) there were at least 3 John's in every class.

He was actually a III'd named after his father/grandfather, but I had his middle and last name changed after my divorce.

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »

After a toilet???

Or colloquial for "penis?"

ETA: Or a prospective customer of hookers, a "john?"
Old Stump
My blog

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 11:47:47 am »

To add to the medical issues/funny names:

I just got a bill from Dr. Dickensheets

:)

MoneyDog

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2008, 09:58:43 am »

In Brazil the government must approve all baby names before they are allowed. The goal is to protect innocent children from the whims of parents trying to be clever. Fact!
"Don't let liars prosper here in our land." - Psalms 140:11

misssalaska2000

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2008, 11:30:28 am »

That website is hilarious.  Thanks.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 07:28:31 pm »

And so it begins.....

I've been paying bills as they've come in (thank goodness for insurance) and today I got one saying I was late. Thankfully I've been epaying them (or maybe not thankfully since I'm not sure how to go about getting proof of payment, but I'll worry about that after I talk to the doctor) and I have a record. I paid them on the 2nd, check cleared on the 14th and the letter saying I was late was dated the 23rd. I didn't get the mail until after their office closed so I'll have to call tomorrow.

I went through this with the hospital years ago (and may have already mentioned it in this thread) - bill was PIF, they sent notice it was PIF, then several years later I started getting letters from a collection agency for a completely different and much higher amount. It took almost a year to straighten it out. I swear billing departments in medical places are the worst of the worst.

My surgeon asked me if I had gotten a check up from the doctor who diagnosed me. I didn't even know who it was. He gave me his name. From what I can tell, either I haven't received a bill or it's under one of anonymous names like the one from "24/7 Medical".

/end rant

lenderguy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 08:06:07 pm »

And so it begins.....

I've been paying bills as they've come in (thank goodness for insurance) and today I got one saying I was late. Thankfully I've been epaying them (or maybe not thankfully since I'm not sure how to go about getting proof of payment, but I'll worry about that after I talk to the doctor) and I have a record. I paid them on the 2nd, check cleared on the 14th and the letter saying I was late was dated the 23rd. I didn't get the mail until after their office closed so I'll have to call tomorrow.

I went through this with the hospital years ago (and may have already mentioned it in this thread) - bill was PIF, they sent notice it was PIF, then several years later I started getting letters from a collection agency for a completely different and much higher amount. It took almost a year to straighten it out. I swear billing departments in medical places are the worst of the worst.

My surgeon asked me if I had gotten a check up from the doctor who diagnosed me. I didn't even know who it was. He gave me his name. From what I can tell, either I haven't received a bill or it's under one of anonymous names like the one from "24/7 Medical".

/end rant

Long ago, I closed out a credit card.  I paid the balance, and later, got a bill for a very small amount.  I paid it, and then got a refund check for like $2.  No joke.  I called the credit card company and told them to knock that shit off, 'cause I didn't want to keep dealing with them for the rest of my life.

Same thing with my eye doc (that's the blessed reason why I keep coming down to ATL, btw) I kept getting adjusted "statements" from them saying "this is not a bill."  Then I started getting bills.  I finally told them to knock that shit off, too. 

Why is this industry so screwed up?  Why can't they clearly and concisely write a proper bill?  Why do private pay patients have to pay an ungodly higher amount than insurance patients?  Frankly, when a borrower says, "I had some confusion over a bill" or "My insurance should have paid it" I'm inclined to believe them.

misssalaska2000

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 10:49:45 am »

Everything I've ever read about medical debts (thanks to you folks, I got an HSA -- with a $300 balance! -- and I have been reading up on how to be a better medical consumer), everything has said... ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BILLS.  Apparently, something like 70% of bills sent out to consumers are WRONG.  Like you get charged for meals you didn't have (extra days in the hospital), or double charge for doctors' billing vs the ER billing... etc, etc.

Pretty much everything you've said here.

In other news, my best mate in Aus just had her baby (I'm an auntie!) in December.  She paid NOTHING for her 1 week hospital stay, her company pays a full salary for 1 year, and 60% salary for the second year, AND the government gave her $4500 to "help get her baby off to a good start."  Of course, there would be WAYYYYY too many people in the US that would take advantage of that lovely bonus, so it's not plausible here, but what about everything else???  I'm so blessed... I just scored a SWEET new job and the company pays 2 months sick leave (should something happen) AND they pay for our STD which is good for 6 months!  They include maternity leave in that... I'm pretty sure that's unheard of.  :)

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2008, 10:52:47 am »

Follow up - even though the bank says the check cleared on the 14th, they apparently didn't get it until the 23rd - the day they sent the notice. She showed I had a zero balance.

So basically it took almost a month from the time my bank sent out the check to the time it was applied to my account. I guess I can expect a few more "late" notices.  :ninja:

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2008, 02:50:47 am »

While substitute teaching I had 2 brothers in my class (twins I assume) named Orangejello and Lemonjello.  Fortunately the pronunciation is not quite as I expected...

I hope you're attending Prosper Days and talk to the Freakonomics author.

He has a chapter in his book about children's names and what they portend for the child's future.

He mentions a professor who swears that he met the mother of Orangejello and Lemonjello in a grocery store. 

I'm sure he'd get a kick out of hearing that you had them in your class.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up