Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I Have Been Suspended by Prosper - for the Simple Fact of *Existing*  (Read 137712 times)

Epictetus

• View Profile
Re: I Have Been Suspended by Prosper - for the Simple Fact of *Existing*
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:30 pm »

All,

Read my original post in this thread.

Read - and understand - every word of it.

I don't have time to post now.  I've been up since 4:00 am and have been working since 5:00 am - and have another's hour and a half's  manuscript reading to do before an hour-long phone consultation with the author.

I'll say just this for now:

Bama, yet again you are seeing things through the filter of your own character, what you would do, what you would say, how you would act - and yet again you are wrong.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.  My $500 to your favorite charity against your $500 to my favorite charity that you are dead wrong, and that the facts are exactly as I stated them.  I'm willing to send my $500 to Traveler or Fred or Ferrix to hold in escrow, along with yours, waiting for you or anyone else to demonstrate that the facts are not precisely as I stated them in my originating post here.

(Make out two checks, chump - one to the Alzheimer's Foundation, the other to the Insight Meditation Society, $250 each.)

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 12:44:59 pm »

Stated again for truth:

P-----r never ceases to amaze me.

Day after day I'm glad I decided months ago to start pulling money out. My pugs could run that company better.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 12:50:36 pm »

I'm not betting with you.

In fact i'm laughing inside...Check that..I'm now laughing out loud.. ;D ;D ;D

ETA: I love how you put the burden of proof on me.If you were suspended for no reason,then i fully expect about 50 more bannings
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:52:26 pm by bamalucky »
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 01:14:50 pm »

ETA: I love how you put the burden of proof on me.If you were suspended for no reason,then i fully expect about 50 more bannings

Well, we'll just have to wait and see, then...

I bet there are more bannings.

Once again, I think Prosper emplyees deserve to have their access poofed here.  If they'll ban people for nothing, or for saying things here, then don't let 'em in.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 01:22:17 pm »

I say let them stay..

There is actually no way to keep them out.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 01:38:03 pm »

Personally I think keeping them in is giving them enough rope to hang themselves with. Case in point: http://www.prospers.org/forum/public_citizen_responds_to_prospers_threats_against_prosperreportcom-t4870.0.html;msg72642#msg72642

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

leporello

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 02:36:41 pm »

I say let them stay..

There is actually no way to keep them out.
Of course there is no way to keep them out. If the JWitchel account is deleted, he'll just register as RedGorilla; when that's account is deleted, he'll register as FluffyKitten or whatever. Besides, there's no reason to stoop to their level. This is the time to take the high road.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 02:41:48 pm »

That would suggest that Prosper missed the .org reference in its original search because of the dollar sign, then, when it discovered it this morning, assumed that he had added it back after the original mass deletion.

I think this is probably the correct explanation (although trying to figure out anything Prosper does is fraught with doubt).  The person who was suspended yesterday due to their profile (was it ratchetr?) also had the dollar sign in his/her profile's .org reference, so perhaps it was a coincidence that his/her suspension came 75 minutes after being posted about here.  Or, maybe, someone who read the thread here reported the profile, which made Prosper realize that their previous script hadn't caught the $ references, so they whipped up a new one catching Epic last night or early this morning.

I think this is correct, too. This is the same stupid issue as before; they just didn't catch Epi and a few others the first time. He isn't being singled out. IMO.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 02:44:38 pm »

That would suggest that Prosper missed the .org reference in its original search because of the dollar sign, then, when it discovered it this morning, assumed that he had added it back after the original mass deletion.

I think this is probably the correct explanation (although trying to figure out anything Prosper does is fraught with doubt).  The person who was suspended yesterday due to their profile (was it ratchetr?) also had the dollar sign in his/her profile's .org reference, so perhaps it was a coincidence that his/her suspension came 75 minutes after being posted about here.  Or, maybe, someone who read the thread here reported the profile, which made Prosper realize that their previous script hadn't caught the $ references, so they whipped up a new one catching Epic last night or early this morning.

I think this is correct, too. This is the same stupid issue as before; they just didn't catch Epi and a few others the first time. He isn't being singled out. IMO.

The main point, IMO, is that they allow linking to other 3rd party sites in member profiles, just not this one. We ARE being singled out.

Epictetus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 04:29:09 pm »

Maybe it's a mistake?

I have no indication that it might be.  I will query Andrew directly tonight or tomorrow, rather than simply having cc'd him.

Epictetus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 04:32:13 pm »

From the forum or .com?

At this point, I am suspended from Prosper.com.  I can still get into the new forums (though I had to test, not having even looked at them since shortly after they were implemented).

Epictetus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 04:41:19 pm »

After careful thought,i'm gonna go out on a limb & say i don't think Epic is as innocent as he claims.

I will (very nearly) resist the temptation to use your self-describing phrase "careful thought" and the word oxymoron in the same sentence.

See:

http://www.prospers.org/forum/i_have_been_suspended_by_prosper_for_the_simple_fact_of_existing-t5073.0.html;msg72697#msg72697

and:

http://www.prospers.org/forum/i_have_been_suspended_by_prosper_for_the_simple_fact_of_existing-t5073.0.html;msg72816#msg72816

[Edited for typos]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:01:14 pm by Epictetus »

Epictetus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 04:50:41 pm »

Could be the profile, looks like they missed him the first time around. It's been deleted, but lendingstats hasn't updated yet:

My user name on the Pro$pers.org forum is Epictetus.

Really?  (Seriously.)  So far as I recollect, I never entered anything of any kind- at all - under Description in my profile.  I said a few small things in my single test loan listing, but none of it containing a link of any kind to any place.

(Do you have a screenshot or something that indicates to the contrary?)

Epictetus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 04:51:28 pm »

Maybe that's it...

Epic, did you add the .org reference to your .com profile after Prosper removed it?

No.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up