Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: .com letting negative posts through now???  (Read 20662 times)

jmathree

• Donate to St. Jude's at http://www.tg.stjude.org/
    • View Profile
    • Prosperlinks
.com letting negative posts through now???
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:24:18 pm »

https://connect.prosper.com/t/1358.aspx

Though the fora are still pretty much useless due to the LOOOOOOONG time tied up with moderation, are things getting a bit better over there?

Edit to include quote:

Anyways, Pencro supposedly collected the last payment and collected their 15% but didn't get the borrower "caught up" now this month chances are another 15% goes to Pencro........ Something doesn't seem right with this...... I am glad that I stopped lending on Prosper........
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:40:01 pm by jmathree »
Due to Prosper's change in policy to allow links to 3rd party discussion forums in user profiles noted in this thread, I have updated  my profile to help Prosper members find discussion forums, blogs, and stats and analysis sites to help them succeed on Prosper.com.

ducks

• November 24 is Thanksgiving Day
    • View Profile
Re: .com letting negative posts through now???
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:44:14 pm »

Too bad English isn't Richie Rich's first language.
Predictit.org portfolio (originally invested $100):
$182.47 withdrawn
$141.33 left in PredictIt

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:13:17 pm »

https://connect.prosper.com/t/1104.aspx  -- this one has some not so rosy posts in it too. 

BrassKnuckles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:46:09 am »

Don't you worry, PMI will run it's scanners and clean out such filth eventually. 

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 11:44:34 am »

Maybe they finally realized how incredibly hokey the whole "community forum" was looking.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

China0813

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 11:46:42 am »

Maybe they realized the tremendous amount of time required to read and approve/disapprove each post was not worth it.

Julie
Happiness is a choice.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:59:48 pm »

Maybe the absence of posts from .org members has made Prosper think its forums are safe? 
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ks6328

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 03:29:29 pm »

Maybe they realized that if every post is "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy", people will get suspicious that negative posts are being suppressed.  Whereas if they let a few, carefully selected, mildly negative posts through, people won't realize that all strongly negative posts are being suppressed.

And who knows, they might even let a strongly negative post through once in a while (as long as it doesn't mention their violation of their own legal agreements or other such "sensitive" topics), just to help keep the wool firmly over people's eyes.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 03:54:36 pm »

How long does it take to be moderated (say, on a Friday.....) and are you told your post/thread has been rejected?

Just askin'........

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 04:21:06 pm »

How long does it take to be moderated (say, on a Friday.....) and are you told your post/thread has been rejected?

Just askin'........
The so-called forums? They don't let you know that your post was rejected.

I have had a post show up several days after I wrote it, but now it seems to be within a business day or two.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 08:32:30 am »

OK, for shits and grins (and maybe some prodding ;) ) I made a post similar to the one this thread was started about. After the day passed, I wasn't sure if it was just ignored or they were being selective on WHO they were accepting "negative" posts from. So....I made a "positive" post almost 12 hours later - it went through. My "negative" post did not.

Moderation is still a joke over at .com  :D

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 10:29:50 am »

so using the same post, they let it through for one person but not another? that's sounds like preferential treatment to me. some might even call that discrimination of some sort.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 10:34:25 am »

112233, not all discrimination is illegal.  There is even case law in California saying an insurance company can discrimination against lawyers.  Can you imagine?

Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 10:38:40 am »

112233, not all discrimination is illegal.  There is even case law in California saying an insurance company can discrimination against lawyers.  Can you imagine?

I didnt mean to suggest in a legal sense. It's clear though, they need to rewrite the section on ethics in their business plan.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:39:33 am by 112233 »
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 11:30:32 am »

I didnt mean suggest in a legal sense. It's clear though, they need to rewrite the section on ethics in their business plan.

That's been clear for at least a year. But you're right - it does seem that each and every day brings out more proof of how poorly they are run,

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up